What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

What does Mr Mooney think of The New Basement Tapes?

Mr Mooney is **** ing outraged by the price of the box set. Over a hundred quid? **** off.

I have most of it on bootlegs, I very much want the legit set, but not at that price.

The Smile Sessions was on pre-order for £123. I got it for £89 a couple of months later, and now you can get it for £75. Best to wait.

What does Mr Mooney think of The New Basement Tapes?

Mr Mooney is **** ing outraged by the price of the box set. Over a hundred quid? **** off.

I have most of it on bootlegs, I very much want the legit set, but not at that price.

The Smile Sessions was on pre-order for £123. I got it for £89 a couple of months later, and now you can get it for £75. Best to wait.
Exactly what I plan to do. I've been buying a few jazz and classical box sets lately, and sets of 12 to 20 discs for under fifty quid are not uncommon. CBS are a disgrace.

Exactly what I plan to do. I've been buying a few jazz and classical box sets lately, and sets of 12 to 20 discs for under fifty quid are not uncommon.

For value for money vs quality of product, some of the classical sets kick ass.

Complete Tennstedt Mahler £20, complete Abbado Mahler £30 (was nearly a ton) - The benchmark recordings.

Karajan complete Beethoven Symphonies £12, Klemperer complete Beethoven orchestral works £15

'Composers In Person' 22 cds of composers playing and conducting their own material £23, '20th Century Masterpieces' 16 cd Warners - £23,

Concerto Koln 'Play Dall'Abaco, Locatelli, Vanhal, Kozeluch And Eberl' - £16 - Really good! Would be worth it for the Vanhal alone.

Got around to delving into some of the boxes I'd picked up and just skimmed at the time, it's been good :)

Edited by Xann
  • Like 2

Kasabian 48 : 13

Bit lowbrow for this thread.

I liked it but I stopped listening to it after a couple weeks.

I liked it, too. I know Kasabian get a lot of stick in the U.K., but I feel like catchy tune after catchy tune makes up for their being utter clearings in the woods.

Â