• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, first and foremost I'm a Villa supporter. If this guy is appointed, and sadly it looks likely he will, people just need to remember one thing. Aston Villa will be around longer than him, and longer than the current board. All the mechanisms of the club revolve around one thing, and that is the matchday. I'm still going to be out there getting behind the players, I still love this great football club, and the way I see it, I'm not going to give up my love for Villa because of Alex McLeish. Up the Villa.

For AM see Hodgson at Liverpool ,they never wanted him and it was a disaster.This appointment will be the same and thats not just because I don't rate him ,look at the squad it's a shambles we don't even have a bloody first choice keeper.He will have to rebuild a team and get it playing well ASAP and that I frankly can not see.

BBC are reporting Villa will be making a statement on Thursday about AM and the vacancy. I have never known Villa to do this before normally they interview and then annouce the new manager at a press conference.

I think deal is off. I hope I am right on this one.

Randy please please go for Rijkaard He wants to manage the villa.

Thing is thats not the level of market we are in.

If youre looking at a ford focus - your alternative might be a vauxhall zafira - its unlikley to be a BMW

So if we don't get Mcleish - we are down to simon grayson, Alan Curbishley or Gary Mcallister - it would be unlikley to bring Rikard or even hughes into the frame ?

Reports suggest Rijkaard contacted the club to tell them he would be interested. The reports made it into the Times not just the usual twitter rumours. I'm not saying they are true but I would hope the club would at least find out, if they did and its bs then fine. My big fear is that they didn't or wouldn't make the call.

BBC are reporting Villa will be making a statement on Thursday about AM and the vacancy. I have never known Villa to do this before normally they interview and then annouce the new manager at a press conference.

I think deal is off. I hope I am right on this one.

Randy please please go for Rijkaard He wants to manage the villa.

I think you are indeed clutching at straws there my friend.

I wish you were right, but the statement will just be to announce TinTin as our new boss. :cry:

Glad i am going away for a week Friday so i don't have to listen to all the Noses at work pissing themselves laughing at us when this happens. As stated above i just want to know why?

If McLeish has the cajones to walk into Villa Parke as the next Villa manager it would be impossible for me to not respect the guy or respect Randy. Rather not have my theory tested however. Rather AM find another employer mind you

Have been thinking about AMs imminent appointment and spoken with my 2 lads tonight. Having started to get used to the idea (we have to), I'm going to renew our 3 STs. Decided that we need to keep supporting the team and to hit the board in the pocket will hurt the club and its potential investment in strengthening the side.

Logically, Lerner will need to arm AM with a decent transfer kitty to give him every chance of success otherwise the backlash will be immense if he has a bad start to the season. I've met AM and he's a decent guy. I hope fans judge him on his management now and refrain from the personal insults which he certainly does not deserve.

Most level headed & sensible post i've read today..

My view is simply that we now have a time issue & due to the state of the current squad we simply have to make a start now & no player would come here with no manager.. My favoured choice was not AM either but for me Hughes is off to Chelsea & this would explain the slience from both him & them plus "he would be welcomed here by the players" comments from John Terry... If there has been any tapping up going on its Chelsea & Hughes.

As for AM well i am too very concerned about his playing style but wouldn't it be possible for Randy to say "Listen Alex, you can have the job but on the condition you understand that here at Villa we do require a more attractive style than your previous teams?"

Also i think we are all forgetting that we can always replace him if things don't pan out well enough. I guess i just think that it looks like we are getting him anyhow so lets now turn our attention to what players we need, call a truce & give the guy a chance for the sake of the team if nothing else.. If things don't work out then take a shot on someone like Rikjaard or maybe someone else may be avaliable by then.

Thing if we want to replace him 12 months down the line .......who does the replacing ? Lerner and Faulkner ? .............we will only be here again - Perhaps discussing Billy Davies & Aidy boothroyd for example.

Imagine if they put him on something stupid like a 3-4 year contract - lol

Would be fitting i guess with the madness of appointing him.

well if youre gonna **** up at least do it properly

I was in denial but I am starting to accept it. Just really disappointed. I have a bad feeling next season is going to be a mess, especially if we lose a manager half way through. What if he keeps Dunne and Warnock?! They would look good in a Birmingham defence.

It is fair to say the board have now identified AM as their man and are now in a lose-lose situation.

If they appoint him, the fans have already decided his fate.

If they don't appoint him and choose another candidate e.g. Grayson or someone, the media will continue to have a field day about the ineptitude of the board.

Bad situation they have got themselves into.

Maybe, just maybe we are missing something. General Krulak said Fergie rates AM highly or something like that so is it possible that he isnt as bad as we think and has played defensive negative football because thats all he could do with his budget?

He's our man now, I actually feel sorry for him with all this sh*t going on, but credit where its due, this move takes some bottle even if £2m a year helps.

I hope its a 1 year deal though. We need to get behind him and team, I just can't begin to see how this makes any sense though, I just don't know what AM stands for?