• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair if it is a smoke screen, say we have hughes in waiting or something equally as daft, we he change his mind now after this chaos? if we were already slim pickings surely after the last 3/4 days even those desperate for a job would be having 2nd thoughts

and i dont think there is a single villa fan that thinks its a good appointment but around 40% will try and justify it and an even larger % will still renew and support the team, ive moved on to the pretence that randy will know the discontent and try and get the fans back by buying players for a serious sum of money

plus the comment about 6 pages back about how baggies and wolves have better managers than us, in all seriousness give it a week and blues will have a better manager than us too :(

Is there one Villa fan that thinks this would be a good appointment?

There will always be a few people who think differently, but i reckon if you put up a satisfaction poll, then you would probably get 90%+ in the dissatisfied category.

I would say that of those 90%+, that 80%+ of them would be because of his playing style, and maybe maximum 20% for the sha connection.

I am actually getting a little bit excited at this appointment. Yes he is no fans 1st choice, but he is Lerner’s choice. Lerner clearly wants Villa to succeed and will take the fan reaction as a challenge to his judgement.

This in my mind will mean AM gets a pretty big transfer fund to not only sort the current squad out but also to add quality to give AM a glimmer of a chance to succeed.

AM will also use the fan reaction as a challenge. As many have said on here he must have big balls to take this one on. He will want to make this work (obviously) so will probably give more to this job than to any previous appointment. He is not a bad manager, despite what so many say.

Getting him appointed will also mean we can all start to look ahead again, and start to worry about what happens on the pitch not off it, which is what really matters.

All easy to say I know, but I am a bit bored of feeling negative and want to get back to feeling positive about my team, and support ALL that is AVFC.

UTV

This in my mind will mean AM gets a pretty big transfer fund to not only sort the current squad out but also to add quality to give AM a glimmer of a chance to succeed.

I agree. If AM is hired, Randy will want to give him the best chance to prove that the fans were wrong to worry. This would have to mean a big transfer kitty. Even though Rafa was allegedly denied a £30m kitty, I think Randy might be more inclined to loosen the purse for AM just because of the sheer level of vitriol he will have witnessed over this appointment.

The other saving grace that gives AM any chance of succeeding is that he will be able to do some deals and improve the squad long before the fans ever get the chance to go to a match to show their displeasure. You would hope that, by that stage all going well, they'd be turning up to cheer on the latest additions to the squad.

It would certainly be doing things the hard way though!

Could it be all just one massive smoke screen?

imagine the board signing someone who we never expected to get (in an awesome sense)

ponder that one for a bit.

Told you pages back its going to be Martin O`Neil.

Is there one Villa fan that thinks this would be a good appointment?

There will always be a few people who think differently, but i reckon if you put up a satisfaction poll, then you would probably get 90%+ in the dissatisfied category.

I would say that of those 90%+, that 80%+ of them would be because of his playing style, and maybe maximum 20% for the sha connection.

I agree with the first bit, you would get 90% dissatisfied. But to say that only 20% would be because of the SHA connection is a bit of an understatement (bit = major). If we were getting McCleish straight from e.g. Rangers, or hypthetically he had just took down e.g Newcastle, or Wigan or the like, I think more people would be prepared to give him a chance. They wouldn't be happy but hey would give him a chance. You would end up with alot of people in the "neither satisfied nor dissatisfied group" (if there was one).

But, I have to stress, I don't want him for both reasons.

Anyone else currently wondering how their season ticket money could be better spent?

I know this puts me in the category of shit fan, undoubtedly, but with £40 on travel costs for each game on top of my ST, im thinking of better ways to spend my money, sadly.

Assuming I can get a refund that is?

Could it be all just one massive smoke screen?

imagine the board signing someone who we never expected to get (in an awesome sense)

ponder that one for a bit.

Told you pages back its going to be Martin O`Neil.

Is this a joke or just pure guesswork?

So as a question if this isn't all signed and sealed with AM by say 5pm on Friday will people start to think hold on a second..... Media have made a large number of us look a little bit silly? or will they still carry on taking a shit at bodymoor gates and other super fan things?

in short how long a period of nothing official would need to happen before people start to doubt the media?