• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The club need to be certain of this appointment. Up security around the dugout or they aren't careful it won't so much be the proverbial shit hitting the fan, as the fan hitting the shit.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference is I've not been mouthing off all over the www pretending to be ITK

hes not!!!!

Just giving us his opinion which a lot of us here happen to value and appreciate!!

If you dont, thats fine, but my advice would be not to read them rather than make yourself look silly

Regardless of what happens now my respect for the board has been reduced.

Villa have known for a long time that they might have to replace Houllier but the excuses I have heard are that nothing pre-emptive could have been done and that we are not a club that taps up rival managers.

If McLeish is appointed manager then I will question how it came about? If we don't then why haven't Villa tried to reassure us fans? More importantly why is the General going on the offensive because we question what is going on? His latest comments made me 95% sure that we are interested in McLeish and that the board will not be willing to accept criticism if he is appointed.

More importantly, the football under McLeish is likely to be turgid, old fashioned long-ball stuff. How the hell can we go from looking at Martinez to this? Obviously our playing style is not important to the board but when you are looking at two managers that have finished either side of the relegation zone, neither is results? How come Fulham got Martin Jol days after Hughes's departure whilst we continue this haphazard hunt which is currently seeing us linked with a man who failed to win a single derby against us while O'Neill was in charge. He is simply not good enough.

Regardless of who has the money it is our club, not Randy's, and we are right to demand answers about what is going on. This media blackout is not good for the club. We are getting bad PR and forgetting that the big money in football comes from the media. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. My blind loyalty towards the board has ended and I am feeling more cynical by the day.

Frank Rijkaard, Marcelo Bielsa or Louis van Gaal for Athletic Bilbao

13th June, 2011 Athletic Bilbao could choose between Frank Rijkaard, Marcelo Bielsa and Louis van Gaal to take over as their new coach for next season. The Presidential Elections at the Basque club are in full swing and one of the candidates, former...

link

How come Bilbao are going after bigger fish than us???

I think part of the problem must be the team of advisors who have decided that managers without Premier League are too much of a risk. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense for us to look at AM when Rijkaard and van Gaal are unemployed. If we enquired and they turned us down then fine but I hope we did at least enquire. If after the interview they don't fit then move on.

I'm not pressing the panic button just yet and think AM would manage mid-table mediocrity fairly comfortably given our resources. I'd just hope for more ambition that's all.

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

:clap:

Bows and wipes away tear. :wink:

13th June, 2011 Athletic Bilbao could choose between Frank Rijkaard, Marcelo Bielsa and Louis van Gaal to take over as their new coach for next season. The Presidential Elections at the Basque club are in full swing and one of the candidates, former...

link

Do you really have to answer that? steaknchips the way you've been going you would think we've had football people upstairs and they've been right on the phone to Deschamps, Rijkaard etc.

It's not gonna happen because the board haven't got a clue.

From what is going on, I feel it worth pointing out that the so called ITKs (and I include Mystery Man in this) are anything but in the know with regards to the managerial position. Bearing in mind the very private, mysterious way we are going about this, I wouldn't be surprised if as little as 4 or 5 people are aware, if that. Ian Taylor was on the Goal Zone last night and as the Aston Villa Ambassador he confessed to not having a clue... So let's ignore Talk Shite, Twitter, The Sun and every other item of hear say as we're making ourselves look very silly.

On the plus side, was great to hear Tayls say he wouldn't have played for Blues even if they'd have trebled his salary.

Possibly the reason why we are taking so long to appoint is that Randy has to get this one right,we are all aware of the financial failings that caused the downfall of MON and the illness related departure of Hollier,so in some ways Randy has a huge decision to make in terms of an appointment.Personally I would go with Slaven Bilic,nasty piece of work as a player at the highest level,been an International Manager for 6 years with a degree of success with a team of brilliant yet tempremental players. I doubt if any player would have the balls to mess Bilic around and of course he has a great personality to bring to the table.He may not have Premier League managerial experience but his years as a top player/International Manager make him in my humble opinion an excellent candidate.As for McCleish I would travel up from Swansea to join in the protest march.

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

People say things when they are angry, I too am saying I wont renew but there is a good chance I will. Why dont you get a season ticket? there are plenty on here who do who live just as far?

The other problem is that there are a lot of us who have to really skin ourselves to get that ticket, If we had been relegated I would have already renewed without a doubt but it angers me to think that I am going to have to make sacrifices for what I forsee as a lack ambition for my club.

Like I say I will most likely renew but I want to protest, I want my voice heard, I thought we had that until I saw that patronising post from the General and it makes it worse as it was not expected to make its way into the public domain. I think Randy is goingto be having serious words over this.

Difference is I've not been mouthing off all over the www pretending to be ITK

No, the difference is that you've been throwing shit around on VT for barely a month and clearly haven't done your homework on MM's long posting history.

Wot shirts that ?

link

I've not read the article because I knew the game as soon as saw "The Presidential Election"

They get this at every Spanish team when they need a new President.

"Vote for me and I will sign xxxxx for £shitloadsmorethanhe'sworth"

Take a breath, and relax. :wink:

(MODS - ANY CHANCE OF A "CHILL THE **** OUT" TYPE SMILEY?)

I dont understand why Van Gaal isnt being linked at all. Hes top drawer. Has a phenomenal record and has won something at every league hes gone to.

Small time owners.. small time club.. hire small time managers.

This whole thing makes us Villa fans look like headless chickens.

FFS, this addiction our fans have to speculation and rumour is becoming ridiculous. I don’t know if other clubs fans suffer from the same affliction.

But our fans look all the more ridiculous because since RL has taken over the club, transfers and appointments have been carried out behind the glare of the media.

Whilst this is true. How anyone can not be alarmed by the Generals comments on the situation is beyond me. His fluff is full of holes and without any redeeming factors

Wot shirts that ?

Any shirt with our badge on it but specifically, the 1994 away shirt. That green and black marvel.

It is all Mrs E is allowed to wear around the house. That and nothing else. :P

People who dont go to the games, because they cant always say 'its a privilege' ...its not a privilege to drive up the Hagley Road, which can take an hour on a Wednesday night and have the privilege to watch a bunch of tossers lose to sunderland in -5 sleet.

(NB I have renewed two season tickets.)

This whole thing makes us Villa fans look like headless chickens.

FFS, this addiction our fans have to speculation and rumour is becoming ridiculous. I don’t know if other clubs fans suffer from the same affliction.

But our fans look all the more ridiculous because since RL has taken over the club, transfers and appointments have been carried out behind the glare of the media.

Whilst this is true. How anyone can not be alarmed by the Generals comments on the situation is beyond me. His fluff is full of holes and without any redeeming factors

Shit has hit the fan because for the first time the guard has been let down. Some people are posting on here sating we're stupid for paying attention to the press. It's not the press that's got us going mental, it's the generals white flag on a facebook page that is almost confirmed as 95%+ him and not a wind up.

Great post mate.

People need to chill out and roll with the punches. Whoever our next manager is we need to get behind him. We CANNOT have another season of fans booing every touch of the ball, calls for manager to be sacked...all that bullshit that fans do when theyre not happy/dont get their own way. Trust Randy to do the right thing for this club - ex bluenose manager or not. I didnt see them lot throwing hissy fits when they signed Gardner and Ridgewell off us.

IF we point McLeish at least give the bloke a chance FFS.