• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We approached Wigan 9 days ago according to Whelan. On talksport now.

Fuming some of the shit be said about our great club....Whelan thinks Martinez should wait for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man Utd that silly old clearing in the woods should be sectioned...I am getting annoyed at people slagging us off. Chelsea sacked Carlo ages ago and have no managerin place but they haven't been mentioned in the press.

why go public on it at all? I'm sure Randy isn't chuffed with it?

Hmmm? Hard one that....

Randy gets pissed off, and Wigan keep Martinez :winkold:

Ha has gone public because he knows Martinez is staying....he can now sell all theier best players because he stopped Martinez coming to us...for the people of Wigan it will look like a big coup if they keep him.

I'm worried now. I'm guessing RM has today told Whelan he wants the Villa job, hence Whelan goes public today trying to sway his mind suggesting he stays at Wigan for another year or so then takes one of the top 6 jobs in the world. Lerner thinks its job done so he's **** off home to the US and left Faulkner to cross the T's dot the I's etc.

I posted this on the Gen's thread yesterday

"General.

I'm sure that the board of Aston Villa will deliberate the appointment of the next manager very seriously indeed to ensure the mistakes of last season aren't repeated. I'm also sure that whoever you appoint will be briefed fully on the goals & and direction the board wish to take the club in. Whoever you appoint in my eyes will be an improvement on GH but thats just personal. The appointment you make now will indicate what the realistic goals for the future are. For example:

Ancellotti - serious about pushing on to the level of CL football & attracting top quality players to VP

Moyes - Serious about challenging for a top six position, UEFA cup football & attracting good solid quality proffesionals to VP

Martinez - Serious about maintaining our premiership status and attracting players that want to use Villa as a stepping stone to other clubs & not really challenging for any honours unless we have a lucky cup run.

McLaren - Serious about completely ignoring the feelings of the fans that you covet enough to take the time & effort to trawl through hundreds of emails weekly. If this guy is appointed then unfortunately the board will lose a lot of the trust & credibility, which is rightly deserved, with the fans.

Appointing Maclaren after GH would be akin to replacing Gary Glitter as your baby sitter with Ian Huntley!!!

General - the decision the board take on the next manager will not only send out a message to the fans on the boards ambition but also a message to the players and to the rest of football. Please bear in mind my comments."

I stand by these words. Whichever manager the board appoints will send a message of its intention out. Can anyone here seriously tell me by appointing RM we are sending a message of intent of being serious about challenging for european places or domestic honours?? I'm not saying that the appointment of RM is right or wrong it just contradicts all the "5 year plan" "we want to challenge at the highest level" spin that we have been told by Randy & the board!!!

There is having an opinion and then there's some keyboard warrior trying to belittle some of the best business brains in the country (working on the board). Who are you to tell the board what to do?

You think they don't know that appointing a manager will also send out a message to the footballing world?

Also, why are you so intent on putting in so many digs at the General?

I don't know what's worse, you posting this drivel to the General about the club you 'support', or the fact that you've copied it on another thread in hope of support and encouragement?

Smudge1874 ......... thats pathetic to be honest - embaressing even

I'm worried now. I'm guessing RM has today told Whelan he wants the Villa job, hence Whelan goes public today trying to sway his mind suggesting he stays at Wigan for another year or so then takes one of the top 6 jobs in the world. Lerner thinks its job done so he's **** off home to the US and left Faulkner to cross the T's dot the I's etc.

Jesus your a world of fun aren't you?

Are you one of the ones that claimed we were doing nothing, yet 9 days ago we were contacting a chairman asking to speak to their manager.

In fact i dont know why i even bother.

It looks like that any new manager unless its a 'name' is going to get the same ridiculous treatment as the next one.

At least give the bloke a chance before reading the future.

Whelan doesn't even know if we've even spoken to Martinez, he does chat a lot of shit though, "he will be good enough for a top 3 club in 12-18 months".

Found out where it's been...This isn't a lie

macbhx Martin McGrath

@Cheesy_Combo @avfccentral it's due into Luton later on from Madrid ! #avfc

Macbhx is the person who started all of this, he tweeted that Randy's jet had left Birmingham airport