Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They did do it a year or two back with Mel and Sue and it went down like a fart in a lift from what I remember.

Well it would with Mel and Sue. 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What is the conversion success rate of door to door canvassing Jehovah’s Witnesses?

The conversation success rate was quite high if they knocked on the door of my mother in law who was a Sunday School teacher and a general rabbiter who would chat to them for hours at the door. I'm pretty sure they started avoiding her in the end. 

Maybe one for the never have I ever thread, but I don’t believe I’ve ever had a Jehovah Witness turn up at the door. Had a letter through the post that might have been from one. Religious anyway, incredibly neat handwriting, so neat I felt slightly guilty throwing it away.

Double glazing, yes. Conservatory salesmen, yes. Occasional charity collection. A couple of would be milkmen trying to get a round started. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Maybe one for the never have I ever thread, but I don’t believe I’ve ever had a Jehovah Witness turn up at the door. Had a letter through the post that might have been from one. Religious anyway, incredibly neat handwriting, so neat I felt slightly guilty throwing it away.

Double glazing, yes. Conservatory salesmen, yes. Occasional charity collection. A couple of would be milkmen trying to get a round started. 

I love them, I love their cognititive dissonance after our discussions

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I love them, I love their cognititive dissonance after our discussions

I bet they try to shut your own door on you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do so many people hold the 2010 world cup in such high regard? 

It was shit

I didn’t know they did but I don’t have fond memories.  Vuvuzelas, a terrible England and that god awful final.  

I did complete the sticker album though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

FTFY

International football is generally shit, always has been.

Very negative Bickster. I can't wait to see all the grainy videos of people launching their £12 plastic pints into the air and hugging each other because we've deflected in a late winner against Iran.

• Haha 3

The last Jovo that came to my door was left looking like he was about to cry so I'll consider that a success.

They actually don't do the door to door evangelising as much these days, they discovered that it doesn't work very well and actually demoralises their believers more than it engages new believers, which in turn lead to their new technique of standing by commuter hubs with pamphlets and letting people come to them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I didn’t know they did but I don’t have fond memories.  Vuvuzelas, a terrible England and that god awful final.  

Yeah I thought 2010 was seen as a bad one. Suarez hand ball was probably my highlight.

Generally the problem with international football is you have to sit with people who say things like, "that Harry Keane is good isn't he" and "we're so lucky to have Gareth Southgate aren't we"

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh God, don't get me started on the zulu vulvas. 

• Haha 2

There was a Kingdom Hall near where I lived years ago so they were quite often out door knocking , if  it was a cold miserable day I used to invite them in for a cup of tea , no interest in the salvation they were trying to sell but I’d have a 30 min natter with them as long as it wasn’t about God and shit .
Just seemed a nice thing to do tbh and in the event it turns out they were right I figure  come judgement day they at least give me a tube of lube before sending me to hell to be buggered with a blunt instrument for eternity 

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I often see things celebrating how amazing it was. Yesterday was an article explaining why it was the best world cup of all time. 

Id rank it as the worst (in my lifetime anyway)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I often see things celebrating how amazing it was. Yesterday was an article explaining why it was the best world cup of all time. 

Id rank it as the worst (in my lifetime anyway)

It won’t be as bad as this one, I have a feeling this will be the worst ever 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â