Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

136063main_bm4_high.jpg

What an amazing drawing...

Photoshop. Too many fingers 

Yeah, that's obviously Raheem Sterling, and where's the pallet?

Edited by dAVe80

The article was 1995, it was more about 'the story' than a need to trace down hard facts.

I was just interested in the money split from a vinyl sale.

There was some piece of tat re press of a fairly standard 80's record in HMV recently, Def Leppard or somesuch. They wanted £34.99 for it. Now if the band are getting £30 of that fair enough to them if someone is dull enough to pay it.

I just suspect, as was the case for Hendrix back there, that a lawyer somewhere is getting £25, the vinyl presser is getting £5, the shop is getting £4 and the band get the 99p.

Blondie being the very obvious example where their 'manager' got them to sign all the rights over to him.

I used to speak to Ian Grant a fair bit on another  forum ( He was manager of The Stranglers , Big Country and The Cult)   ... he told a few stories about record companies not paying royalties or forcing artists to sign away rights  .... Noel Redding was one that he was fighting on behalf of and I think had just about secured around £3m in royalty payments for him ..and then Redding died  (maybe one for the conspiracy thread :P )

So if somebody has a differing view or opinion. You mock or ridicule that person or throw in mentally ill into the equation. Oh dear!

So you have concrete evidence of your opinions and i don't mean what you are told or read. Just because your told, it does'nt make it true.

I fail to see how having a different opinion is trolling.

So if somebody has a differing view or opinion. You mock or ridicule that person or throw in mentally ill into the equation. Oh dear!

So you have concrete evidence of your opinions and i don't mean what you are told or read. Just because your told, it does'nt make it true.

Concrete evidence, please elaborate when pertaining to yours. I dont mean what you are told or read.

Ive stated that they are my opinions. NOT FACT!!

No need to get shot down and ridiculed for not believing or agreeing.

Have i resorted to childish behaviour when my opinions are not agreed with.

You have to realise, that my opinion is those opinions are bat shit crazy, particularly but not limited to 9/11. Its quite coincidental that a man that had ridiculous notions has just been awarded a 2 year suspended sentence for harassing the family of Lee Rigby.

Trying not to break rules. You are entitled to these opinions, its healthy to have different thinking. What may come across as a little odd is multiple posts in succession on conspiracy theories. Now to me that is all they are and most of them, to me at least are tin foil hat inducing. I am faced with evidence and I disagree with all that you say. I do find the majority of the 9/11 conspiracy theories utterly offensive, but that’s me.

Fair point. Im not here to offend or antagonise anyone. Just to have a discussion.

May i ask why it is offensive to you? If for example news came to light that it was not a terror attack. Do people not have the right to know.

I don't say things for the sake of it. I think its a cover up.

Trying not to break rules?

Fair point. Im not here to offend or antagonise anyone. Just to have a discussion.

May i ask why it is offensive to you? If for example news came to light that it was not a terror attack. Do people not have the right to know.

I feel the overwhelming evidence points to terrorism, and I feel its offensive to all the people that died as a result of those attacks. To suggest their own government would glibly slaughter that many people is ridiculous in my opinion. There are questions that we dont have the answers to, there are unexplainables, but that doesnt mean that it was a governement conspiracy, just that questions cant be answered.

I've actually been to the moon though, so.

I've actually been to the moon though, so.

The man on the moon pub maybe!

I feel the overwhelming evidence points to terrorism, and I feel its offensive to all the people that died as a result of those attacks. To suggest their own government would glibly slaughter that many people is ridiculous in my opinion. There are questions that we dont have the answers to, there are unexplainables, but that doesnt mean that it was a governement conspiracy, just that questions cant be answered.

Fair point. It would be horrendous to do that i agree. That does not make it untrue though.

Its a case of agree to disagree. I respect your view. Thats that.

Former is first. Latter is last.

F for first, L for last ;)

But you should only use 'former' and. 'latter' when talking about two (and only two) options.

So if someone asks whether you support Blues or Villa, you would say "the latter".

But if they ask "Do you support Blues, WBA or Villa?", it would be incorrect to say "the latter" - you should say "the last".

Former is first. Latter is last.

F for first, L for last ;)

But you should only use 'former' and. 'latter' when talking about two (and only two) options.

So if someone asks whether you support Blues or Villa, you would say "the latter".

But if they ask "Do you support Blues, WBA or Villa?", it would be incorrect to say "the latter" - you should say "the last".

Always nice to know, our kid.

Fowler's Modern English Usage gets amusingly animated at its misuse but saves its parenthesised ejaculation for those who mystify the reader by using the expression too far from the original alternatives.  :)

Â