Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

When I watched SSN earlier when the news about Mark Hughes not being considered broke, the reporter added "At this time" - so it's a possibility that may be revisited a bit further down the line.

So if the people who we want aren't interested we may be back in for him.

This all begs the question though..why did Hughes leave Fulham?

Im a teacher, on £27,500 a year. Would i leave my job without another one confirmed? No I wouldnt.

Mark Hughes is a millionaire lots of times over, he doesnt have the financial burdens the normal person would have. He's proved himself at B'burn, Fulham and to an exten Citeh, he can wait now and see what happens. Be it Spurs, Chelsea or Villa.

Its going to take a while to unfold, and its going to be a rollercoaster. I have a horrible feeling Benitez is the one. Please may I be wrong!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo Ancelotti 2/1 on paddy power, oh my god I'm gonna lose it

If this happens we will be set up in every way except the team - and he'll sort that

Without any doubt. Ancelotti is great manager. But do you really think he will arrive to Villa Park?

He costs, and do we have the money to get him and to buy outstanding players?

Do the club have ambitions to be in top four?

Why did we got Houllier? To create future team. But he is sacked after nine months. Is it possible that our goal is to create another future team?

We had MON, we needed money to buy some players. MON didn't get the money.

I think Ancelotti is too big for Villa. Sorry.

(of course I will be happy if he comes. It would be statement -Villa wants to be in Champ. League-)

I would normally agree with you, however...

The guy wants to stay in England and I don't see any other realistic possibility unless Redknapp was to leave Spurs this summer. People mention QPR will have money to spend but there has been no proof yet that the money is there and have already made a set wage budget for next season which isn't that big.

Hughes id definitely out of the question. No way would Sky Bet let his price from 1/20 on to evens if their source wasnt accurate.

As for Ancelotti being too big...

Sell Stephen Ireland, his 80k a week will pay Ancelotti's wages.

Plus Ancelooti said last week he wouldnt rule out listening to West Ham offers...he obviously like managing in England, and we are the biggest club available at the moment.

Well if he would consider Wet Spam then we have every chance because they are a nobody club run by ex scum who haven't got a clue what they are doing.

...in london.

So is AFC Wimbledon but I doubt he would go there.

They aren't in London actually :)

Greater London if you're being pedantic, that is effectively London to anyone outside of it.

Its Ancelotti.

I just know it. Backed him yesterday. This is still a big club with big ambitions. We showed that in January. I think we tried to show that with the signing of GH (didnt quite go to plan).

Seems to me RL has settled on the type of club he wants Villa to be and I don't think its mid table.

This would be the coup of all coups.

I for one will be outside Villa Park if it happens.

Express&Star reporter with contacts in the club says RL has targeted him to keep Ash & Downing + boost ST sales. Talks "ongoing" :D

Why would we target an Express&Star reporter for the managers job?

That's it, BOARD OUT!

Carlo Ancelotti 2/1 on paddy power, oh my god I'm gonna lose it

If this happens we will be set up in every way except the team - and he'll sort that

Without any doubt. Ancelotti is great manager. But do you really think he will arrive to Villa Park?

He costs, and do we have the money to get him and to buy outstanding players?

Do the club have ambitions to be in top four?

Why did we got Houllier? To create future team. But he is sacked after nine months. Is it possible that our goal is to create another future team?

We had MON, we needed money to buy some players. MON didn't get the money.

I think Ancelotti is too big for Villa. Sorry.

(of course I will be happy if he comes. It would be statement -Villa wants to be in Champ. League-)

I would normally agree with you, however...

The guy wants to stay in England and I don't see any other realistic possibility unless Redknapp was to leave Spurs this summer. People mention QPR will have money to spend but there has been no proof yet that the money is there and have already made a set wage budget for next season which isn't that big.

Hughes id definitely out of the question. No way would Sky Bet let his price from 1/20 on to evens if their source wasnt accurate.

As for Ancelotti being too big...

Sell Stephen Ireland, his 80k a week will pay Ancelotti's wages.

Plus Ancelooti said last week he wouldnt rule out listening to West Ham offers...he obviously like managing in England, and we are the biggest club available at the moment.

Well if he would consider Wet Spam then we have every chance because they are a nobody club run by ex scum who haven't got a clue what they are doing.

...in london.

So is AFC Wimbledon but I doubt he would go there.

They aren't in London actually :)

Greater London if you're being pedantic, that is effectively London to anyone outside of it.

They actually play in Surrey.

Express&Star reporter with contacts in the club says RL has targeted him to keep Ash & Downing + boost ST sales. Talks "ongoing" :D

Why would we target an Express&Star reporter for the managers job?

That's it, BOARD OUT!

haha. Obviously, he was referring to Ancelotti

Carlo CLAP CLAP CLAP Carlo CLAP CLAP CLAP

WHERE ARE YOU CARLO

Rafa! Rafa! Come on, you can do it!

You're having a laugh! right? :twisted:

No. I think he's the best bet of the lot to bring success to Villa.

Not a popular choice, I know, but at least there wouldn't be the worry of things going sour and the fans turning against him. They'd hate him from the start, so from then on things could only get better...

When I watched SSN earlier when the news about Mark Hughes not being considered broke, the reporter added "At this time" - so it's a possibility that may be revisited a bit further down the line.

So if the people who we want aren't interested we may be back in for him.

This all begs the question though..why did Hughes leave Fulham?

Im a teacher, on £27,500 a year. Would i leave my job without another one confirmed? No I wouldnt.

Mark Hughes is a millionaire lots of times over, he doesnt have the financial burdens the normal person would have. He's proved himself at B'burn, Fulham and to an exten Citeh, he can wait now and see what happens. Be it Spurs, Chelsea or Villa.

Its going to take a while to unfold, and its going to be a rollercoaster. I have a horrible feeling Benitez is the one. Please may I be wrong!

I can see what you're saying but its all relative I'm sure his outgoings are much different to mine or yours.

Anyway that's not really the point, of course he has freedom of movement now but he's not the only manager out of work. I suppose he'll take on a club after the first sacking of next season.

If we don't want him I'd be surprised if the likes of Spurs and Chelsea did.

Aston Villa Life update....

noises from the club. No guarantee but Randy wants to show players' ambition is matched by the board #avfc

I know he claims to blog for the E & S but I wouldn't get too excited.

Apparently the Guardian are going to run the story about the saga of Mark Hughes and Villa tomorrow.

Ian Prior tweets it's intriguing stuff, so perhaps the conspiracy theory of Villa throwing everyone off the scent might have merit.

Who knows? I'm confused...............what will be... will be...