Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

if it is hughes then next season will we finish no higher than 8th young and downing will leave and we will probably get hangeland and maybe dempsy.

It will be a pretty boring appointment if you ask me and shows how much ambition we actually have.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give him a chance! I think he will be a surprise next season and a lot better than the tripe we have been served up for the majority of this season.

Sparky, Sparky give us a wave!

The board have proven to be a bunch of bottlers who will be happy enough for Premier League mediocrity.

I honestly can't see what Hughes has to offer that is so inspiring? We're going backwards imo.

My first choice would be Sparky. He has done well managing at all stops in his career with the possible exception of City. That was a fluid situation at the time and given more time I think he would have done better. The man has an impeccable reputation and would be on the short list to replace Red Nose when he finally calls it quits. To me, he has proven himself and I would welcome him at Villa.

4 posts, hmmm....welcome to Villa Mark!

Just before we all jump to conclusions...

Fulham's OS"]Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

So if it is Hughes, it won't happen for a while yet.

Doesn't really matter to be honest if it is Hughes, in that time ...the club and Hughes can speak. Talk about specific players, plans and then actually become manager late in June before pre-season. When really, all the other work can be done behind the scenes.

Could he sign a contract with us tomorrow - that would commence on July 1 - or something along those lines - or does his notice exclude that.

If I were Randy I would pay the compo - we don't want an offer from QPR on june 27 and we end up with Benitez ?

Any word on hughes backroom staff ?

MH is the safe option but dosen't inspire me and I dought he will inspire want away or potental signings. Maybe I just got my hopes up for Carlo... Mid table mediocrity here we come.

if it is hughes then next season will we finish no higher than 8th young and downing will leave and we will probably get hangeland and maybe dempsy.

It will be a pretty boring appointment if you ask me and shows how much ambition we actually have.

We're setting ourselves up to be a mid table team. In my opinion, I do not rate Hughes. He'll get my backing but I am not a fan.

What defines a 'safe' appointment? Seriously how can people be getting annoyed so much about an appointment of somebody who has a track record of doing very well wherever he has been? He will have better players and more money than he did at both Fulham and Blackburn and has done very well at both of them. He turned Santa Cruz into a world-beater, he made Ireland into a world beater!

You'd surely go for a proven British manager who inherits a British-based squad rather than a manager such as Benitez or Jol who are completely unpredictable and will no doubt overhaul the squad with hit-and-miss foreign players.

It shows the ambition to rebuild after a tumultuous season instead of gambling even more on eccentric replacement for Houllier. Think Ancellotti would come here when he could hang around in Lake Como until the Juve job becomes available? Seriously get real.

I don't understand all this Hughes hate at all; the guy is solid. People get so starry eyed over the prospect of these 'premium' managers such as Ancelotti but theres nothing to say they will do a better job, in fact I think Ancelotti would be a massive flop if he came here.