Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

Fulham notice... End of June?!

Maybe Villa secretly approached Hughes yesterday about managing us but took a long shot and approached Ancelotti too? Hughes will roll up to BH where Randy will stick his out of the door and say "It's alright we're going after someone else lol" :lol:

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/HughesAnnouncement.aspx#ixzz1O8jEc9Tr'>http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/HughesAnnouncement.aspx#ixzz1O8jEc9Tr

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/June/HughesAnnouncement.aspx

Interesting, until the end of June...

TALKSPORT: Reading from Fulham Website.

Mark Hughes has agreed to terminate his contract with effect from the end of June. Something to that effect, leaving his options open. However, it would leave Villa in a quandry as we wouldn't have him in place until the beginning of July???

Only way Hughes can start anywhere else, is if Fulham get compensation??

Oh dear. Well, good luck.

I have a feeling you'll be signing Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, and Wright-Phillips. He loves those players for some reason.

Yeah because he signed them all at Fulham

The wage structure at Fulham didn't allow him to. It doesn't seem like he intended to stay there long anyway.

Personally considering Villa were entertaining the idea of Bridge before this, I'd say it's a done deal now.

Anyway, good luck. I mean it. Never sat right with me the way we treated him, and I hope he wins loads for you.

Just before we all jump to conclusions...

Fulham's OS"]Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

So if it is Hughes, it won't happen for a while yet.

Aye, good spot Gareth, this alone makes me feel more comfortable it ain't Hughes, or so I pray

Just before we all jump to conclusions...

Fulham's OS"]Fulham Football Club can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice, under the terms of his contract, to leave the Club at the end of June. After discussions with Mark the Club has agreed to accept this notice.

So if it is Hughes, it won't happen for a while yet.

Doesn't really matter to be honest if it is Hughes, in that time ...the club and Hughes can speak. Talk about specific players, plans and then actually become manager late in June before pre-season. When really, all the other work can be done behind the scenes.

Ah well. He doesn't seem to hang around at clubs for long so he might not be around for too long.

FFS, yeah I hope if he gets us to 6th or above he **** off. Whoever comes should get our full support and given every chance which does not include hoping he **** off after not too long.

My first choice would be Sparky. He has done well managing at all stops in his career with the possible exception of City. That was a fluid situation at the time and given more time I think he would have done better. The man has an impeccable reputation and would be on the short list to replace Red Nose when he finally calls it quits. To me, he has proven himself and I would welcome him at Villa.

Well effing brilliant, not only do we (potentially) appoint a middle of the road manager, but we have to wait until the End of June (meaning less preperation time to buy, keep players) we have to pay if we want him............only at Villa. Wow im annoyed this evening if this is all true......

What I don't understand, is why we want him. Fulham finished 1 point ahead of Villa, which suggest that there isn't much difference between them and us.

Gh has been downright insulted by Villa fans for not being good enough.

So why do those supporters want Sparky?

I consider GH much better than Sparky, and it's just unfortunate that he wasn't able to continue for another year.

Sparky is no better than MON and I don't think MON was ever going to get us any higher than 6th.

Small thinking IMHO and well below my expectations for Villa if we ever want to get into Europe.

Just in case nobody has mentioned this, didn't Stephen Ireland have that so-often-cited brilliant season at City under Hughes - one of the few people in football that appears to be able to understand that bloke. It'll be like a new signing.

Also, Shay Given...

I like Hughes, wherever he's gone he has brought stability and steadily built a very capable squad and did not deserve the sack at City other than for not being famous enough. Hey, he's even made Sidwell look good (according to my mate he's been one of their best players in the second half of the season) - that alone should surely get him the job :lol:

finishes at the end of june so no announcement due soon

FulhamFC Fulham Football Club

FFC can confirm that Mark Hughes has provided notice to leave the Club at the end of June. The Club has agreed to accept this notice.

And don't forget, old Sparky signed Sidwell from us for Fulham.....

Who has done well since he joined them.

Don't know what you're trying to prove there :)

No point to be proven as I've hardly watch him play for them! :D

Just thought it would be a discussion provoking point... But if he is doing well, would that be down to a fresh start, or the Mark Hughes effect? If it's the Mark Hughes effect, then I wonder if he could get into the heads of some of our players and boost their performances a bit?