Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

This is exciting, last year, we barely any had any options, it was the start of the season, any half loyal manager weren't going to a leave club after all their pre-season work, especially of the standard we wanted ....but now, you have likes of Moyes/Ancelotti ......heck, maybe I'm being optimistic cause I'm excited, Hiddink wants to return to club management.

Although now I'm excited, we'll end up with friggin Dowie :lol:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think without doubt, Ancelotti has the respect of the vast majority of the players in his team. At chelsea, they loved him, you could just tell. I reckon thats what we need at the moment. Ancelotti has a decent transfer record, alright tactics, gets results, but more importantly, is a name big enough to possibly keep our best players here.

If Carlo knocks us back and you had to choose between these two managers, who would it be?

Rafa or McClaren?

Hardly a great choice but it would have to be McClaren.

I second the exact opinion as bickster. Is it actually confirmed anywhere that we have approached Ancelotti?

I'm a bit confused as to how Carlo saying no would narrow it to just those two?

I never said it would. It is hypothetical...

He isn't one of my top choices nut I think Mckaren would do a good job. He has done well as a club manager, his reputation is just tarnished by taking the England job way too early.

Good coach , shit manager.

He probably wouldn't be a disaster if he returned to a Prem club and could do well....BUT...id rather he'd not be given that chance here!

the fans here would be on his back from the get go and would be a disaster here imo.

I thinks he's decent but your right he wouldn't be given a chance here so it wouldn't be In the clubs best interests.

Would love for us to get Ancelotti in and then try and get some outside investment. Having said this I do ont think this is the way Randy rolls, seems like he prefers full ownership of his assets, but who knows. Would be immense.

If Carlo knocks us back and you had to choose between these two managers, who would it be?

Rafa or McClaren?

Hardly a great choice but it would have to be McClaren.

I second the exact opinion as bickster. Is it actually confirmed anywhere that we have approached Ancelotti?

I'm a bit confused as to how Carlo saying no would narrow it to just those two?

I never said it would. It is hypothetical...

Surely Rafa would be a better choice? I'm already over the Barry drama who still wanted out regardless.

Ancellotti may just persuade Young and Downing to stay around for a while

Downing yes, but i think sadly the Young' boat has already sailed.

Why do we need to "persuade" Downing to do anything?

He's got 2 years left to run. Can't we just say "Stay put you little **** and be grateful for it." and if he doesn't put 100% into every game, get the General to remove the plate in his foot with some pliars.

I've been out all morning, and I'm not going all through this thread.

Did anybody hear the Ian Taylor interview on TalkSport? What did he have to say?

Surely Rafa would be a better choice? I'm already over the Barry drama who still wanted out regardless.

Who said it had anything at all to do with Barry?

Look at Benitez' results since he fell out with Pako Ayestrian at Liverpool.

He sacked the brains behind his success

Benitez has completely lost the plot football wise in recent years.

He made a mess at Inter . Granted was always tough to follow Mourinho there but even so.

And he arguably left a worse Liverpool squad behind than he inherited from Houllier .

Still has a hardon for Liverpool and seems to alienate ppl very easily (including likes of Stevie G and co eventuially).

No denying his pedigree but would be a bad fit for us. I'm certain of that.

My initial thoughts on Ancelotti were that he wouldn't fit in here. That he would find it difficult under a restrictive wage structure. But the more I think about it, the more I want him here. He's won loads of trophies and had the respect of players at every club he's been at. The fact he said he would drop down to the Championship for the West Ham job shows his desire to stay on these shores.

Get Carlo & Wilkins in and I would be delighted.

We have an opportunity now to get this appointment right and install confidence back into the players and fans alike.

Appointing Hughes, Mclaren or Rafa would be a parity move and to be honest, i'd honestly rather GH had stayed than any of those. This would also undoubtedly mean Ash would move on and neither inspire Downing to push the pen.

Ancelotti on the other hand, a man who has stated he is desperate to stay in England, would be inspirational and instill a fan confidence back into our board and club. The people claiming that he would not take a wage cut are wrong in my opinion, moreover I imagine we could offer him pretty close to what he was on anyway, even at Chelsea. The defining factor of getting this guy to manage our club will be the budget to work with and this is where my doubts start to surface. This is one of the only appointments that I can honestly see Ash staying for, probably Downing too, else we'll soon have to prepare acceptance for losing our players to pool and spurs, aswell as the 'top 4' because we are no longer a challenging club, we are 'stabilising'.

As for Moyes, I would like him as a secondary but I have seen the guy in numerous interviews and he just oozes the vibe that he will not entertain a move sideways, as much as it pains me to say that. Plus it would probably end up being more expensive than Ancelotti.

Remember how we all felt when MON joined. How excited we were.

Imagine that multilpied by the number of trophies he has won in proper leagues if we got Carlo.

Remember how we all felt when MON joined. How excited we were.

Imagine that multilpied by the number of trophies he has won in proper leagues if we got Carlo.

Exciting for the us AND the players. **** sign Carlo already Lerner!