Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

It is nice (especially now the price has become a little sweeter), but the lack of a proper game case would drive me mad.

EDIT - I purchased the skins pack for this yesterday :oops:.

On the plus side, someone traded a Robin edition in at work with a non-used code - score!

• 7 months later...

You should absolutely do that. I played through Arkham City last month and 100%'d it all, combat and stealth challenge rooms the whole lot. Absolutely love it. Two of my favourite games ever. I want to play through Asylum again but I lent it to my brother who isn't a big gamer and he hasn't finished it yet annoyingly. He is planning a wedding however, so maybe he doesn't have too much free time.

The Riddler trophies in City become more like puzzles than they were in Asylum, a couple requiring thinking logically through exactly what your gadgets can do. I really wish there had been more of the trivia ones in City. City multiplies the number of trophies massively but then pares back the trivia ones to almost insignificance.

Still... got them all... :oops:

Yeah playing through this again and fell in love all over again. It really is brilliant. The collectables are fun, the combat is ace, the voice acting is amazing and the atmosphere is brilliant.

I read a few weeks back that the next game in the series will be set when Batman and Joker first meet and not a direct sequel to Arkham City. Not sure how true this is though, don't think Rocksteady have released too much information about it. The word is though that it won't be quite so dark. I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest. If it ain't broke...

• 2 weeks later...

I prefered Asylum. I just finished this and it seems a smaller game to me.. The story was over way too quickly.

It was good obviously, but if I'd have paid £40 for it, i'd feel short changed. Maybe I'm used to getting hundreds of hours out of things like BF3 or Fifa, but it still felt smaller than Asylum.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Arkham City has more hours of gameplay than Asylum did so it's strange you feel that way, unless like Ingram says, you didn't do all the side missions and stuff. You also have all the Riddler challenge rooms to do too which takes a long time if you want to get every single medal. I didn't feel short-changed at all, in fact I think for £40 on release it was worth every penny if not more.

I can understand if people prefer Asylum though. It's not as expansive but that actually helps to tighten the focus of the story more. I love them both, fantastic games.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Arkham City has more hours of gameplay than Asylum did so it's strange you feel that way, unless like Ingram says, you didn't do all the side missions and stuff. You also have all the Riddler challenge rooms to do too which takes a long time if you want to get every single medal. I didn't feel short-changed at all, in fact I think for £40 on release it was worth every penny if not more.

I can understand if people prefer Asylum though. It's not as expansive but that actually helps to tighten the focus of the story more. I love them both, fantastic games.

I'd say for story missions, Asylum is maybe 50% longer, I played through them both, back to back this week. Yeah there is more game time in doing the side missions and the riddler challenges but they get quite dull quite quickly, there isn't much depth to them and you find yourself doing the same thing most of the time.

I think City's a much better game, it's just slightly let down by it's length.

The Batman - Joker relationship in these games is really well done.

agreed. They absolutely nailed their 'yin-yang' relationship. I hope they do another, but they're going to run out of villians soon!

Maybe they could break B-mans spine and have Robin take over for a part of the game?! :D

I mentioned it a while back but the rumour that was doing the rounds was that the next game will be a prequel of sorts exploring when Batman first met the Joker.

Not sure how true this is obviously.

I mentioned it a while back but the rumour that was doing the rounds was that the next game will be a prequel of sorts exploring when Batman first met the Joker.

Not sure how true this is obviously.

There a few references within the game if you analyse the radio frequencies (i read online, i defintely don't have the patience to do it)

Two of them reading 'I will return, Batman' and 'You will pay for what you have done to me' I hope they keep going forward with the story. Put it the almost normal side of the city.

• 1 year later...

I bought the Harley Quinns revenge DLC last night as its currently on sale for a couple of quid.

Horrified to see all my saves have disappeared, then I remembered I upgraded my HDD to a 500gb just before I got PS+, yes I realise now I should heave got + first, backed everything to the cloud then changed my hdd but I didn't think.

Anyway, I always wanted to come back and play the game plus (which I think only unlocks after you complete the game) so my question is can anybody let me download their completed save game from somewhere so I can bash through game plus?

Edited by Junxs

• 2 years later...
On 06/12/2011 at 16:47, Phumfeinz said:

Just uninstalled this. Really didn't like it compared to Asylum. Probably won't bother getting the next one.

Not sure what prompted me to say this, as far as I can recall I enjoyed it :lol:

Â