Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

More and more getting revealed about this, and it's looking great. The latest reveal is interesting... if also could be construed as quite a big spoiler.

Not so sure about that choice myself, but the rest of it looks great. It looks like they intend to make it a little more open than Arkham Asylum was, which I buy into, but not quite making it open world. It also looks like they just plummed what was left of the roster for the bosses - Two Face, Penguin, Dr Strange all confirmed, and the Joker is, of course, back.

Really looking forward to it, the first game was great fun.

You really should, it's a great game. It has this curious quite old school feel to it that I really liked. It's a completely modern game that taps into the nostalgia of an old action adventurer. It could almost be called a bit Metroidvania-lite game in 3D on reflection - progression of gadgets to open up new routes and options, very old school style bosses, tight fight mechanics...

If you like Batman, or remember the 90s animated series (where everyone had a very square jaw), it's also like a 20 hour long geekgasm.

It's superb Dem, you should definitely play it. The combat is ace, the enemies are ace, the locations are ace, and sneaking about in the shadows taking down bad guys is ace.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got round to playing this and will have to say...

demitri_C likes this!

only on the start but its a great little amsterpiece so far. i just beat that big beast that joker unleashed. looking forward to playing it over weekend

So Robin won't be playable in the main game, but in challenge maps only, and you get the code for the DLC from new copies. In the US it's an exclusive for Gamestop (i think)

• 1 month later...

vldsS.png

Preorder bonus costumes.

Not all of these have been confirmed for the UK market, only the 70s style (ShopTo) and Batman Beyond (Gamestop), along with Dark Knight Returns (i.e. the fat one) in the Collectors Edition. But you'd assume they'll either get picked up by a UK retailer or offered later on. Much love for the Animated Series one.

Its accurate to the comic - in Dark Knight Returns, Batman is in his 50s and been out the game for a while so has, er... Bulked up...;)

Did not know that at all. :) It seems to lots of muscle though so I guess that makes it OK. :D

• 2 weeks later...
finally got round to playing this and will have to say...

demitri_C likes this!

only on the start but its a great little amsterpiece so far. i just beat that big beast that joker unleashed. looking forward to playing it over weekend

Is this out yet?

Arkham Asylum, the first game Dem is talking about, is out and has been for a fair old while. Its a great game and cheap now.

The sequel, Arkham City, is out in October and looks very good indeed as the stuff in this thread attests.

Â