Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

You do know you can slow it down. I was a long way into the game before I noticed. Made some puzzles a whole lot easier.

Yup - even then I can't quite seem to get on with it. Seems to take me loads of go's every time I need to use it to proceed.

The remote batarang is probably the weakest thing in the game. It's a cool idea that they've never really clocked how to implement well, it is very twitchy and a lot of people get thrown by it suddenly switching to inverted controls. I find the best thing is to make liberal use of the brake, only use the left stick and make the most of your aiming/positioning before you throw.

It's not the best part of the game regardless - thankfully unless you go Riddler trophy hunting, you are forced to use it maybe... 3 times in the game.

The gliding you definitely pick up with practice. It's all about getting the 'finesse' of it, so to speak - it's about nailing the length of time to dive and then nailing the right amount of pull back to gain height again. Pissing about around the city (especially with the grapnel upgrade) will soon have you gliding for ages. The AR missions are effectively just a test about how accurate you can be - and I'm still not much cop at them, but that actual gliding to get places I've got down after struggling at first.

The whole game improves when you get your bearings and click with the mechanics again.

Aye, I just like games to be nice and easy and don't like it when I'm challenged ;)

Just starting on Infiltrating the Steel Mill now - bit surprised I'm that far through the main storyline after less than a day. Still, I guess I've got all the challenges and side-missions to sweep up.

The campaign isn't difficult, particularly.

Got the Riddler done today (though I still have 11 challenges to do, all combat ones I'm not sure I can be arsed to do), Zsasz done, AR challenges done... I think I'm done with that playthrough. I was never much cop with the challenge rooms but I'll have a tinker with them.

Great game though. Such great moments and touches. Great soundtrack too, feels almost Christmas-y at times.

I love this game. It's the first time in months that I've thought about playing games when I should be doing something else, and just gliding/batclawing around the city is great fun. I'm not very far along yet, but half of the fun of these games for me is taking your time and exploring, plus doing all of the side quests. Anyway I've just handed the Penguin his arse in the museum, really enjoyed the Solomon Grundy boss fight.

That's good news as I've used it twice already :)

Not a big fan of the dive-bombing to follow Ra's either - cracked it but it took a good few go's ;)

That is pissing me RIGHT off! Had a few goes last night, not the most fun aspect of the game so far!

Funnily enough thats probably the best training the game gives you for how to master the gliding - the AR stuff is more for when you've mastered it. Ra's section is simple enough that once you crack the timings and the finesse, you're golden for the game.

Must just have been too tired last night, couple of attempts tonight and got through it no bother. Like you say it's actually good training for getting around the city a lot quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Going to give Arkham Asylum a play again now. Will put this on hold until the price drops a little and the performance issues for the PC version are fixed.

I am doing my first ever play through of Arkham Asylum at the moment, loving it so far. Just about to meet Poison Ivy :D

Going to give Arkham Asylum a play again now. Will put this on hold until the price drops a little and the performance issues for the PC version are fixed.

I am doing my first ever play through of Arkham Asylum at the moment, loving it so far. Just about to meet Poison Ivy :D

Christ I had forgotten just how chilling Asylum is. Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc etc all sound so so fearsome.

Â