Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

Done!

440/440 riddles and the Riddler defeated. That's a 100% complete play through.

Stu, Croc isn't in it himself. Kind of like Scarecrow. They mention him but you don't see them, although they both have Riddles relating to them. Croc has a hidden room somewhere.

I reckon they'll both be prominent villains in the next instalment.

Done!

440/440 riddles and the Riddler defeated. That's a 100% complete play through.

Stu, Croc isn't in it himself. Kind of like Scarecrow. They mention him but you don't see them, although they both have Riddles relating to them. Croc has a hidden room somewhere.

I reckon they'll both be prominent villains in the next instalment.

Ive just Googled and i now know where Croc's hidden room is! :D

Put in more time over the last couple of days.

Much more settled into it now. The open world/hub side of things is still a tad overwhelming (theres regularly too much to do, from Riddler stuff all over the place to ringing phones to other little side events you come across) and I find it's still hard to orientate myself exactly, the radar and map are a must refer to constantly. Detective mode is still a crutch that you end up relying on too much.

Croc is actually in the game Craigy boy, only makes a cameo appearance but hes in it. Its after you defeat Ra's Al Ghul and you need to backtrack through the sewers and hit a switch with a remote batarang. I tried going there whilst i was mopping up the rest of the riddler trophies, but apparently you can only do it at that one point during the main game.

Theres a video on YouTube.

Croc is actually in the game Craigy boy, only makes a cameo appearance but hes in it. Its after you defeat Ra's Al Ghul and you need to backtrack through the sewers and hit a switch with a remote batarang. I tried going there whilst i was mopping up the rest of the riddler trophies, but apparently you can only do it at that one point during the main game.

Theres a video on YouTube.

O rly?

That's something to look for on my NG+ run through then :)

Do your riddler thropies stack for the second playthrough?

They do.

Given theres 440 of them and some of them are devious/tedious, thats a good idea on the devs part.

I will hopefully be spending tonight on this trying to track down Azrael :thumb:

Azrael, found :thumb:. Lovely touch.

Spent most of my brief playtime tonight on Riddler stuff. I'd have preferred more genuine Riddles but some of the trophy grabs in this are genuinely taxing.

Azrael, found

Is that the 'mysterious figure' who is following you? Ive seen him twice so far and nothing since. Is it just random places he pops up or is it scripted? Aint got a clue where to go next.

Also, the game says im only 60% complete. Ive got about 100 tropjies left to get and ive got no quest markers left on the map (presumably because ive completed them all). The only thing left for me to do (i think) is to find that Azrael bloke, so god knows how im only 60% done with this

The thing im struggling with at the moment is the overwhelming size of the game compared with the first, the scope of the city is massive and it doesnt appear to mix well with the intricacies of the design of all the tunnels, streets, layers etc.... when im gliding around or running around I cant help but feel i may have missed something important that was tucked away in a side street or in a tunnel, or a flashing light that goes by is a riddler trophy that ive got no hope of finding later on.

Im hoping that sense goes away the more I play but im struggling to click with it so far.

The thing im struggling with at the moment is the overwhelming size of the game compared with the first, the scope of the city is massive and it doesnt appear to mix well with the intricacies of the design of all the tunnels, streets, layers etc.... when im gliding around or running around I cant help but feel i may have missed something important that was tucked away in a side street or in a tunnel, or a flashing light that goes by is a riddler trophy that ive got no hope of finding later on.

Im hoping that sense goes away the more I play but im struggling to click with it so far.

Relax and enjoy the ride. You can finish up the riddles and side missions after the main story. I saved most of for afterwards myself. No need to try and do everything at once.

But that was my point, its so overwhelming you cant help but think youve missed something even though you kind of know you'll come back to it later.

But yeah your right, im just going to keep going as im sure it will all click into place much like the first game i guess.

Not a big fan of the art design in this one, not much personality to the places you go to like in the first one.

I know it sounds like im moaning but i am still enjoying it, top game.

Is that the 'mysterious figure' who is following you? Ive seen him twice so far and nothing since. Is it just random places he pops up or is it scripted? Aint got a clue where to go next.

Yeah Azrael is the odd bloke who pops up on rooftops once in a while. He appears in 4 places and after that gives you a (very easy) puzzle to solve before meeting him again. Whenever you see him go over, let him do his thing then scan the mark he leaves. The 4 places are probably already in a guide, can't remember them off the top of my head. Give him a minute or so to get to the next place after you find him.

Completed all the side quests now bar Riddler (working on it) and Zsasz, which I've very nearly done.

Enjoyed the game itself. It's about on par with Arkham Asylum - it betters it in some respects and lags a little in others. I'm not sure the storyline was as good and the setting being more open makes the whole thing feel a little less well held together, but on the other hand opens up more 'I'm the **** BATMAN' moments. The Riddler stuff is too much. And Catwoman isn't actually that good of an addition, she feels lacking compared to tooled up Batman and her treversal system just isn't as useful as Batmans grapnel and glide.

Still, one of the best games I've played this year and even if the main plot line is shorter than you might like the rest of the games options make up for it - the Challenge Rooms are almost a game in themselves now.

Bought this today, cannot wait to get it home! The original Batman is the best PS3 game ever in my opinion, way better than Uncharted 2, and so if this is an improvment it's got to be special.

Â