Batman: Arkham City

Chindie

You're in a for a treat Risso. A little overwhelming at first once you get your earings it's superb. And it's even more of a Batman fanwank than the first one was.

I didn't realise I needed the wife's jewellery to play!

Remember to pop in and see Calendar Man today chaps

Whys that then?

The Calendar Man achievement. Visit the Calendar man on the 12 days of the year specified. It's basically a year long achievement. It can **** off.

Remember to pop in and see Calendar Man today chaps

Whys that then?

The Calendar Man achievement. Visit the Calendar man on the 12 days of the year specified. It's basically a year long achievement. It can **** off.

:shock:

Was totally unaware of that. Ill give it a try though

Aye, visiting Calendar Man on 12 notable dates (US centric - New Years Day, Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, April Fools Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Independence Day, the Feast of St. Roch (?), Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day) throughout the year will unlock an achievement - he has unique dialogue for those days to make it somewhat worthwhile.

You can of course 'game' it. Unhook from Live and fiddle with your date settings IIRC.

Rocksteady are Brits, but since the game is set in the US, the main audience is American, etc etc, it makes sense to have a slightly more US influenced line up of dates. Besides which I think they wanted one in each month and conveniently the US has Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving that the rest of the world don't have.

100% due to the comments in this thread, ive recently borrowed the first Batman (Arkham Asylym), for my newly purchased PS3. And ive gotta say, im loving it!

Not normally a fan of these types of games, give me a bash on Fifa or F1 2011 any day of the week, but im really enjoying. Just had my first glimpse of my battered BatCar, (im gonna hammer Harley the cheerleader villain for ruining it!)

Interrogating goons never gets old, even if it does reveal that Batman is a bit more of a dick in this than usual

'How many bones do I have to break to make you tell me what I want to know?'

'If you value eating solid food, you'll tell me what you know about the Riddler'

All while Batman holds them up by the throat :D

You don't need to have played Arkham Asylum - the story does follow on but not in a particularly meaningful way. All you might need to know is that Arkham Asylum, the place all of Batman's villains end up, was run by a bloke called Quincy Sharp and following Joker sending the place to **** in the first game, Sharp has become Mayor of Gotham and decided that closing off part of the city to make a giant open air prison is in fact not a stupid idea, and instead a fantastic one. And Batman/Bruce Wayne thinks it's a crazy idea.

The first game is superb though, it's much tighter and feels a little more nostalgic of old school games than it's sequel, and I would think with the new additions to the fighting and traversal mechanics that playing the first after this one might leave you feelin something is missing. It's cheap too and not that long to play through - get them both in ;)

You don't need to have played Arkham Asylum - the story does follow on but not in a particularly meaningful way. All you might need to know is that Arkham Asylum, the place all of Batman's villains end up, was run by a bloke called Quincy Sharp and following Joker sending the place to **** in the first game, Sharp has become Mayor of Gotham and decided that closing off part of the city to make a giant open air prison is in fact not a stupid idea, and instead a fantastic one. And Batman/Bruce Wayne thinks it's a crazy idea.

The first game is superb though, it's much tighter and feels a little more nostalgic of old school games than it's sequel, and I would think with the new additions to the fighting and traversal mechanics that playing the first after this one might leave you feelin something is missing. It's cheap too and not that long to play through - get them both in ;)

Yeah getting both in seems like the obvious thing to do! Just a bit suprised the 1st one is still £25. Might have a look on ebay. Cheers anyway.

I got it for £12.99 pre-owned in CEX the other day, and Gamestation online has new copies listed at £8.99, but currently has none in stock.

edit: And it is indeed a really good game. Looking forward to getting Arkham City now, but I'm going to wait until I'm a little less busy with work (and hopefully the price will have gone down a bit, too).

Aye, visiting Calendar Man on 12 notable dates (US centric - New Years Day, Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, April Fools Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Independence Day, the Feast of St. Roch (?), Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day) throughout the year will unlock an achievement - he has unique dialogue for those days to make it somewhat worthwhile.

Popped in to see calendar man last night and there was nothing particularly unique about the dialogue. In fact, he was rambling on about thanksgiving for some reason. I think the calendar man needs a new calendar.

You need to talk to him on the specific dates, so the Halloween dialogue is only on 31/10, Valentines only 14/2... etc. The special dialogue is supposed to be quite interesting and revealing about the characters back story, though I've not done it myself yet.

Only an hour or two in so far and not quite enjoying it as much as Asylum. To be fair, I've only just played Asylum (started at the weekend) and only got City as I wanted more of a Batman fix.

Hoping this game picks up a bit after a few more hours of play tonight. I'm beginning to quite like being unemployed at the moment ;)

You need to talk to him on the specific dates, so the Halloween dialogue is only on 31/10, Valentines only 14/2... etc. The special dialogue is supposed to be quite interesting and revealing about the characters back story, though I've not done it myself yet.

Oh my days...what was i thinking. I thought it was the 31st on Tuesday. Its me who needs the new calendar :oops:

Â