Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Chindie

I still don't get the " as secondaries " argument. Why is the ability to select a shotgun ads secondary weapon seen as overpowered?
What Kurt said, your secondary should be something to fall back on when you need to, not something that's as good as your primary. It was snipers that annoyed me most, surely the disadvantage to picking a long range weapon is that it can't do close quarters? Apparently not, on MW2 you can just switch to an automatic shotgun. The shotguns are more than good enough to stand as primaries on MW2, and that's even with the overpowered guns on there.

I think MW2 just gave the player far too much firepower.

Why?

A good secondary gives the player reason to pick something other than an Assault Rifle.

Well, because it's called a secondary. You pick your main gun aware of what's it's good and what it's not, and then your secondary just shouldn't be as powerful, like I said with snipers, it takes away classes weaknesses when the secondaries are that good.

I don't think it does, on MW2 possible, because the AR's are all powerful, but it shouldn't be like that in the first place.

And why shouldn't they be primaries? It gives the classes a bit more variety, which is always a good thing.

I see your point and concede that this is purely a philosophical argument. There is no right or wrong, but I am just of the opinion that MW2 got it right with the variety offered by secondary weapons. The point about snipers having to have a weakness up close is a good one, but the problem has always been that they arent always the best long range weapon. I think the best long range weapon in MW2 was the ACR, closely followed by the FAMAS, and of course both of them were Assault Rifles.

What I like about Call of Duty is that you can die very quickly. I dont like the Halo style PVP where it takes half a clip to get a kill, I like the fact that COD is more about awareness and being able to read player movements than it is about having the fastest aim, and I like the fact that you can pick the best tool for the job, so you can take an M16 or FAMAS for outdoors and switch to a shotgun or machine pistol when you move into a building.

The only reason I ever used sniper rifles was to unlock achievements. Most assault rifles had nearly as good range, with the huge plus point of no idle sway, and the ability to use it far more easily at close range.

And I agree that overall Black Ops was a better game than MW2. MW2 had the slightly better maps, but Ops had the more rounded and less ridiculous game play.

What I like about Call of Duty is that you can die very quickly.

It depends. I like that you die quicker than the likes of Halo, but sometimes it takes the piss. IWs games you die far too quickly in. COD4 wasn't that much of an issue because the guns had recoil so at least some shots would miss. MW2 was practically hardcore mode at all times.

Anybody know when the multiplayer reveal is going to be?

heard a rumour killstreaks will be linked to xp rather than kills, meaning you can earn them from winning bases on domination etc rather than having to kill 10 people

not sure about it personally, killstreaks piss me off good and proper at times and surely this just means there will constantly be one on the go, on the other hand it will boost my chances of actually getting some of the better ones

heard a rumour killstreaks will be linked to xp rather than kills, meaning you can earn them from winning bases on domination etc rather than having to kill 10 people

not sure about it personally, killstreaks piss me off good and proper at times and surely this just means there will constantly be one on the go, on the other hand it will boost my chances of actually getting some of the better ones

I think that'd be a brilliant idea.

People will always camp, but I imagine alot do it for killstreaks. If it was XP related, it would be much harder to gain killstreaks through kills. It'd also mean people play the objective, rather than just treating every game mode like TDM.

Obviously it depends on how much XP will relate to a killstreak. But for example if a UAV was gained through the XP of 3 objective captures, rather than kills then it'd be harder to get stuff through kills. I know in Domination a capture is worth about 3 times the XP than a kill. So it'd work out to 9 kills for a UAV. Are people going to camp for that? Possible, but then who cares, it's not like they will dominate with a UAV. It will reward the people who play the objectives highly and those that just camp and treat everything like TDM will get **** all.

Obviously it depends on how much XP will relate to a killstreak. But for example if a UAV was gained through the XP of 3 objective captures, rather than kills then it'd be harder to get stuff through kills. I know in Domination a capture is worth about 3 times the XP than a kill. So it'd work out to 9 kills for a UAV. Are people going to camp for that? Possible, but then who cares, it's not like they will dominate with a UAV. It will reward the people who play the objectives highly and those that just camp and treat everything like TDM will get **** all.
That's a bit extreme.

So it's around a 30 kill streak to get a chopper gunner?

I think if they were to do it, a flag cap/bomb plant/objective capture being equivelant to a single kill would be fair.

Never really understood why people dont like campers, I think they're great. As soon as one kills you, you know exactly where he/she will be so you can go kill them. Then can keep checking out the same spot for the rest of the game.

Never really understood why people dont like campers, I think they're great. As soon as one kills you, you know exactly where he/she will be so you can go kill them. Then can keep checking out the same spot for the rest of the game.

i think the point trying to be made is that campers are acceptable on TDM games but royally piss you off when you are playing CTF or domination, i **** hate it when people play domination purely for kills (which IMO is alot of people) so hopefully this new reward system will balance it a little

i think the point trying to be made is that campers are acceptable on TDM games but royally piss you off when you are playing CTF or domination, i **** hate it when people play domination purely for kills (which IMO is alot of people) so hopefully this new reward system will balance it a little

Camping isnt acceptable full stop, and people that do it are words removed.

Camping isnt acceptable full stop, and people that do it are words removed.

I don't mind if they're camping in the normal places, it's when people pick these obscure corners of the map and just lay there, waiting.

In TDM you get people with a 2+ K/D but they won't get more than 10 kills a game. Crazy how you can play like that.

People camp usually because they're shit, you go toe to toe with them, they're dead, but thats no excuse for sitting in a corner and shooting people in the back that don't have a clue you're there, it's just not very fair. I don't know how this subject come up, it's usually me moaning about them, but I've not had too many problems lately as i've been playing barebones pure which strips away the killstreaks, perks, attachments etc, so theres no reason for people to camp, although you still get the odd goon or two.

I hope the TAR-21 is in MW3, been using that on MW2, beast of a weapon.

I wouldn't from a point of fairness with COD. It's an inherently unfair game. The perks/unlock progression is geared towards giving better/more active players more and better equipment (and thusly more choice in gameplay styles, and so on).

Camping is just a tactic, same as running round like a loon shooting anything that moves. It might be annoying, but other people will find other play styles annoying.

To be honest the only thing that ever got my ire in the COD multiplayer seriously was quickscoping, which is effectively using an exploit in the game design to succeed, which isn't cool in my book. It's one thing Black Ops nailed.

I agree on barebones though - I still sometimes spark up MW2 and I find barebones to be fair more fun than any other variant.