Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Chindie

Obviously it depends on how much XP will relate to a killstreak. But for example if a UAV was gained through the XP of 3 objective captures, rather than kills then it'd be harder to get stuff through kills. I know in Domination a capture is worth about 3 times the XP than a kill. So it'd work out to 9 kills for a UAV. Are people going to camp for that? Possible, but then who cares, it's not like they will dominate with a UAV. It will reward the people who play the objectives highly and those that just camp and treat everything like TDM will get **** all.
That's a bit extreme.

So it's around a 30 kill streak to get a chopper gunner?

I think if they were to do it, a flag cap/bomb plant/objective capture being equivelant to a single kill would be fair.

That'd be worse though. You cap your teams opening flag on domination with hardline and you essentially just need 1 kill for a UAV if the XP for an objective is the same as a kill.

What is barebones in MW2? I've played hardcore, but didnt realise there was a MW2 equivalent of barebones in BLOPS.

Theres 2 Barebones options, one jumps between FFA and TDM, the other mixes up the objective games like Domination. I stick to the FFA and TDM when I play, I really do enjoy the straight gun fights you get without killstreaks, and I say that as a player who remains shit and has never put that much time into COD multi.

Theres 2 Barebones options, one jumps between FFA and TDM, the other mixes up the objective games like Domination. I stick to the FFA and TDM when I play, I really do enjoy the straight gun fights you get without killstreaks, and I say that as a player who remains shit and has never put that much time into COD multi.

Same here, i'll have a look at those later.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest, I think it looks terrible. Looks the exact same as MW2. They really need to progress a bit. I will definitely be picking up BF3 before this. Apparently nukes are back ?

No nukes.

I'll be getting BF3 before this aswell, but only because it's out the week before, soon as this is released, i'll be all over it.

Yeah I love the cod series as much as the next fan boy, but this game really doesn't inspire me at all. Through each cod there's always been a significant improvement (apart from cod 3) but this doesn't look like much of an improvement at all. looks like their either stuck for ideas or current gen consoles can't support their ideas.

its a shooting game. Bullet damage seems pretty important to me :lol:

(I know that wasnt your point, so what is bullet damage?)

You died far too quickly on MW2, it was practically 1 shot kill. Made even worse that the guns had no recoil.

Looks the same but it will destroy all the sales records.

Battlefield 3 doesn't stand a chance.

They should launch their game in the Treyarch year, not the Infinity Ward year.

I can't wait. After hitting prestige 12 times I'm bored with Black Ops. I stopped playing it for a few months aswell because I was fed up with it. The only reason I started playing it again was to see what the new maps were like. I don't remember ever getting bored with MW2.

Also, I've heard that there are going to be two types of team deathmatch on MW3. The standard one plus a new one where you have to collect the dog tags from the player that you kill. If you get killed while you are taking the dog tags then the kill that you just got doesn't count. Something like that anyway.

Looks the same but it will destroy all the sales records.

Battlefield 3 doesn't stand a chance.

They should launch their game in the Treyarch year, not the Infinity Ward year.

I'm sure the creators of BF3 are aware that COD outsell them for the next few years. But I cant see MW3 breaking the sales record which Black Ops created. Specially with BF3 being released before it. I can certainly see COD coming to an end though. I think when the jump comes to "next gen" consoles, something will take it's place.