Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Chindie

Also, with DICE concentrating on the PC as the lead platform, they aren't really going for IW/Treys throat in regard to sales.

They just want to build a solid game. BF3 will dent MW's sales, but not buy much. BF3 is alot harder for kids to pick up and play.

BF3 is alot harder for kids to pick up and play.

Although it will be funny when all the COD players pick up BF3 and try to win a game by themselves, running and jumping around corners only to get blown up by a tank :lol:

They wont last 5 minutes.

I can see a lot of second hand copies of BF3 appearing on ebay once MW3 gets released.

I can certainly see COD coming to an end though. I think when the jump comes to "next gen" consoles, something will take it's place.

Hmm, it's possible but I can't see that happening to be honest.

But surely they can't just keep pumping out the same chain of games which they've been doing for years now. People WILL get bored. They're becoming very similar now, just different map packs/guns. The latest (MW3) looks the same as MW2.

I think the IW team that left Activision/IW will have a new game on the horizon for the next gen jump which will be the COD killer. That team probably has more motivation than anyone else to do it too.

BF3 is alot harder for kids to pick up and play.

Although it will be funny when all the COD players pick up BF3 and try to win a game by themselves, running and jumping around corners only to get blown up by a tank :lol:

They wont last 5 minutes.

I can see a lot of second hand copies of BF3 appearing on ebay once MW3 gets released.

It's not difficult to adjust. Granted for the 13 year olds that play CoD like idiots it might, but that gets exaggerated.

I'm sure the creators of BF3 are aware that COD outsell them for the next few years. But I cant see MW3 breaking the sales record which Black Ops created. Specially with BF3 being released before it. I can certainly see COD coming to an end though. I think when the jump comes to "next gen" consoles, something will take it's place.

That game won't be BF though, it's just never going to have the mass appeal that CoD does. I think BF has to release first, if it gets released after it'll get even less sales because people will be too into CoD to care for another FPS for another 2-3 month. They have to hope that releasing first attracts a big audience, and growns on that before CoD comes along, if it doesn't it just gets forgotten about all over again.

i agree BF had to go 1st, also probably not a surprise its been advertised so early either, im expecting a huge marketing campaign for it

i actually think one of CoDs main problems will be the perceived sales numbers on day 1, if they did do the old trick of short supply numbers to create queues and stock shortages leading to increased hype for BO i think they'll rethink that for MW3, flood the shops at decent prices rather than 10 copies per supermarket at £25

how many people will happily play BF3 waiting for the hype to die down? me at least

somethingthatpissesmeof.jpg
Whatever's going on in the background of MW3 looks insane, whoever is making this (It's not quite IW anymore, is it?) had better go crazy over the top impossible action sequences again. It's about the only thing that made the single player worth playing.

I can certainly see COD coming to an end though. I think when the jump comes to "next gen" consoles, something will take it's place.

Hmm, it's possible but I can't see that happening to be honest.

But surely they can't just keep pumping out the same chain of games which they've been doing for years now. People WILL get bored. They're becoming very similar now, just different map packs/guns. The latest (MW3) looks the same as MW2.

I think the IW team that left Activision/IW will have a new game on the horizon for the next gen jump which will be the COD killer. That team probably has more motivation than anyone else to do it too.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying but I just can't see the COD series coming to an end. It's too popular. People will still buy it regardless of similarities to previous releases and COD know this. Yes this is wrong but they are obviously not bothering to make drastic changes as of yet. I do agree with the second part though about the team that left the company and them making a game to rival COD. Time will tell I suppose.

Am not really much of a Console-head these days, but have played COD MW2 to death so was planning on buying BF3 instead, would this be the wrong thing to do? Always been a massive fan of flight sims, but am no means a purist, so this area of BF3 looks particularly great.

Am not really much of a Console-head these days, but have played COD MW2 to death so was planning on buying BF3 instead, would this be the wrong thing to do? Always been a massive fan of flight sims, but am no means a purist, so this area of BF3 looks particularly great.

Same her mate, always been big'ish into the CoD series, but Black Op's has just killed pretty much all the love i had for the series, poorest one yet.

Im making the leap into the world of BF3, not really sure what to expect or how to play it!

Has anybody seen the fan made COD movie that was revealed at COD XP?? It quite good. No actually, its very good. Considering it was made by a fan its quality. Should really make a movie out of it. Cant link to it atm because im at work but its on YouTube. Its called Find Makarov - Operation Kingfish if anybody wants to check it out. I recommend.

Same her mate, always been big'ish into the CoD series, but Black Op's has just killed pretty much all the love i had for the series, poorest one yet.

Im making the leap into the world of BF3, not really sure what to expect or how to play it!

Given that I tend to buy a grand total of about 2 games a year, then I just dont see the point in buying another COD game. They all just look the same to me.

MW2 was great though, despite never even looking at the solo campaign, I probably clocked up more time on that thing than any other game during my life (football manager excluded).

CODs here to stay for a very long time. FIFA seems to be getting worse every year but people still buy it every year because it's the big name in it's field and everyone knows how to play it. The same is with COD. Why stop playing a game you know, that you can enjoy on your own, and swap it for one that you need to learn to play and have to play in a party with good people?

Until BF starts making it accessible to new players it'll never get anywhere, but they only seem interested in their hardcore fans.

FWIW, my BF2 k/d was about the same as my MW2 k/d do it's not a case if moaning because I'm bad at the game.

Matter of opinion really, FIFA 11 is a dreadful game, in my opinion. Plus I always thought FIFA outsold PES? Which is my point, I'm not saying MW3 is going to be better, I'm saying it will sell more.

I'll be getting both MW3 and BF3 also.

I can't wait for this game. Although doesnt look massively different so far, the gameplay features to encourage teamwork will make a massive difference I think!

The people moaning about MW2 online gameplay confuse me. I think it was quite nicely balanced. If it was soooo easy to get a nuke each time, why didnt you get a nuke each time? You would be the best player ever on mw2, how can that be boring?

Then theres people moaning about commando/lightweight users? and then danger close noob tubers? and then quickscopers? and campers?

Surely it's just down to your skill to read the game and see how its going, to decide what tactic to use. If everyone is noobtubing then its an even playing field and just down to your skill? the same with the other so called game ruining tactics. Youve all got access to the same weapons in the end?! if you havent got them yet, thats just the risk/challenge you take through prestigeing?

Who complained about the bullet damage? Surely it's realistic if only a few bullets kill someone? I personally thought it takes too many to kill in ordinary team deathmatch.

Who complained about the bullet damage? Surely it's realistic if only a few bullets kill someone? I personally thought it takes too many to kill in ordinary team deathmatch.

Me and no it's not more realistic, it's less realistic. In Black Ops I think it takes 3 or 4 hit markers (depending where you hit) to kill someone. That isn't even realistic, but at least you can still have the opportunity to get away and it makes it harder to kill since the recoil on the guns. In IW games it's 2 or 3 hits for the kill and there's no recoil so it makes it far too easy.

As for MW2 gameplay, if you can't see the flaws there's no point in arguing. It wasn't a level playingfield, far from it. You can not possibly defend yourself against some things, like danger close noob tubes, marathon/lightweight/commando and that's why it was a poor game and that's why these things are no longer in the game. And the reason I didn't get tonnes of nukes is because once I get the emblem I stopped using them because they were boring.