Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Chindie

IMFDB is always good for stuff like this. Their MW3 page has a list of screenshots from demos & trailers and they have shown the following guns:

1 Pistols

1.1 FN Five-seveN

2 Machine Pistols

2.1 Glock 18C

3 Submachine Guns

3.1 Heckler & Koch MP5A2

3.2 Heckler & Koch MP5SD

3.3 Heckler & Koch UMP

3.4 TDI Vector

3.5 FN P90TR

4 Assault Rifles

4.1 Colt M4A1

4.2 Custom AK-47

4.3 "AK-74u"

4.4 FAMAS

4.5 Remington ACR

5 Shotguns

5.1 AA-12

5.2 Franchi SPAS-12

5.3 Winchester 1887

6 Machine Guns

6.1 RPD

6.2 PKP Pecheneg

They say that the two different versions of the MP5 are probably just the same gun with different attachments. Lots of guns from previous games return, I guess it is impossible to make a modern military FPS game without the AK47 in it though.

get battlefield, grow up, play as team /of problems, they wont release this shit anymore.

;)

Meh - tried Battlefield. Gameplay is horrible compared to COD. I've been playing COD since COD: United Offensive and it's still not boring. The COD engine is so much smoother than BF's and i cba with vehicles and stuff. I like to run around and blast anything that moves.... Battlefield is not a patch on COD. I'm sure the sales count will prove that too.

I have MW2/BLOPS - I played them for ages. Got pretty decent at both and enjoyed them. I have also spent alot of time on WAW and COD4.

They then released 4x4 map packs for 10 pounds a pop... 4 maps for 10 pounds.. you have paid 80 pounds for a game.. its a rip off.

Every game is the same, you get 2/3 people camping in corners, 2/3 running and gunning and 2/3 people who dont really know what to do.

The maps are small so that on each map you get 2/3 choke points which makes every game exactly the same.

Everyone is out for themselves so you get a 'rambo' community.. if thats you're type of thing then cool..

You play on a host which means alot of the time, the kid who's hosting has to go and eat his dinner, so there are lots of DC's.

The hit reg isn't that great (but nor is battlefield so that's a mute point). I mean how many times do you KNOW that you shot someone but when you watch kill cam, it doesnt even show you shooting your weapon..

It seems smoother than BF because it is, it has better frame-rates because its on alot smaller scale, not that BF is unplayable or anything.

Yea, ALOT more people play COD than BF, but COD is alot more arcade like than BF because its quicker, because its smaller. What it doesnt mean is that it is a better game.

The last 4 COD games are carbon copies of each other with different perks and kill streaks.

On BF I dont really like the vehicles either, so I strap c4 to them and blow them up.

The gameplay seems horrible because you're not used to having weight in anything in a game, it seems sluggish because in BF your character doesnt hover when running. Take your time, get in a half decent squad and have more fun in 5 mins then you could in 5 weeks in COD's prefabricated choke fest.

And to be honest, none of the BF community likes bad company 2 that much, we're looking forward to BF3. ;)

Rev, I'm 24.

5 Shotguns

5.1 AA-12

Excellent. The only reason I've felt like playing MW2 lately, that gun is crazy. I hope they haven't toned it down, just make it a primary.

5 Shotguns

5.1 AA-12

Excellent. The only reason I've felt like playing MW2 lately, that gun is crazy. I hope they haven't toned it down, just make it a primary.

The AA-12 was fine in MW2. The only people who complained about it were people who used an Assault Rifle in every situation and refused to switch to a secondary under any circumstance. Sadly it seems there were hundreds of thousands of these people.

Thing is BF and Cod are completely different games. i enojy both but probably have moe fun on BF as people don't 'exploit' the game and crazy stuff like in lapal's video happens all the time. However if i've had a bad day then i'll jump on cod and go rambo style. Both are fun and appeal to differnet people.

Just play the game you enjoy the most and let other people decide which game they'd rather play.

he gameplay seems horrible because you're not used to having weight in anything in a game, it seems sluggish because in BF your character doesnt hover when running. Take your time, get in a half decent squad and have more fun in 5 mins then you could in 5 weeks in COD's prefabricated choke fest.

And that's the issue with Battlefield and why it will always be a poor mans CoD. Games are there to be bought and enjoyed. Do I get pissed off with CoD? Ask Rino8 how much I complain about every little thing that ever happens in game. But that doesn't stop me enjoying it because it's a fun game and I can play it on my own.

Battlefield is just not like that. Being good at the game is not good enough. Being in a squad is not good enough. You have to be a good player in a squad full of good players or you will just get ****. My experiences of BF2 ere the other team driving around in a tank with a few people following. You couldn't get near the tank because the guys outside shot you, or the tank dead. Any damage done to the tank was erased at all times because they kept fixing it. Great fun that.

People want to win, it's how we are. We want to have fun, sure, but we want to win. CoD games allow me to win games on my own, regardless of how bad my team is. Having a bad team on BF will mean you will lose and probably get raped yourself in the process.

5 Shotguns

5.1 AA-12

The AA-12 was fine in MW2. The only people who complained about it were people who used an Assault Rifle in every situation and refused to switch to a secondary under any circumstance. Sadly it seems there were hundreds of thousands of these people.

Pretty much, but I don't think anything other than pistols should be a secondary anyway, I just hope they don't listen to the cries of them being overpowered in MW2, yes, they were, as secondaries but they're more than good enough to be on the game as primaries.

I still don't get the " as secondaries " argument. Why is the ability to select a shotgun ads secondary weapon seen as overpowered?

It makes it too easy. I remember on Carnival it was just stupid. Sit in the fun house area with an assault rifle with a heartbeat sensor and claymore up the entrances. People couldn't get to you and by the time they did you'd have switched to your AA-12 and blown them to peices. A battle you may not have won had you not had the AA-12 secondaries had they had a SMG/Shotgun themself.

Having pistol secondaries only won't stop camping, but it stops camping being easy.

They say that the two different versions of the MP5 are probably just the same gun with different attachments. Lots of guns from previous games return, I guess it is impossible to make a modern military FPS game without the AK47 in it though.

MP5 and MP5k according to Bowling:

@fourzerotwo

Robert Bowling

@FTWinfinityward Yes it will, both the COD4 style and the MW2 MP5K variant

In response to a question about whether the MP5 will feature in the game.

Apparently kill streaks are going to be toned down too, so you can't rely on camping until 5 kills then building up kill streaks. I do hope they retain the AC130 in MP though as it was probably the most fun part of MW2.

MP5 and MP5k according to Bowling:

@fourzerotwo

Robert Bowling

@FTWinfinityward Yes it will, both the COD4 style and the MW2 MP5K variant

In response to a question about whether the MP5 will feature in the game.

Apparently kill streaks are going to be toned down too, so you can't rely on camping until 5 kills then building up kill streaks. I do hope they retain the AC130 in MP though as it was probably the most fun part of MW2.

You'll never stop scumbags from camping, I play Barebones Pure TDM, no killstreaks, perks or attachments, and you still get people camping. If you're going to camp, **** off to regular TDM.

I still don't get the " as secondaries " argument. Why is the ability to select a shotgun ads secondary weapon seen as overpowered?
What Kurt said, your secondary should be something to fall back on when you need to, not something that's as good as your primary. It was snipers that annoyed me most, surely the disadvantage to picking a long range weapon is that it can't do close quarters? Apparently not, on MW2 you can just switch to an automatic shotgun. The shotguns are more than good enough to stand as primaries on MW2, and that's even with the overpowered guns on there.

I think MW2 just gave the player far too much firepower.

Other good news... quickscoping is in, as are those model 1887 shotguns.

I'm looking forward to getting shot from the other side of the map by someone wielding dual 1887's, and getting killed by some 16 year old chav called iiZZ ScOpEz HD ZZii, who jumps out of a window, does a nice little pirouette in mid air for his montage, and quickscopes me.

What Kurt said, your secondary should be something to fall back on when you need to, not something that's as good as your primary. It was snipers that annoyed me most, surely the disadvantage to picking a long range weapon is that it can't do close quarters? Apparently not, on MW2 you can just switch to an automatic shotgun. The shotguns are more than good enough to stand as primaries on MW2, and that's even with the overpowered guns on there.

Why?

A good secondary gives the player reason to pick something other than an Assault Rifle.

Why?

A good secondary gives the player reason to pick something other than an Assault Rifle.

Well, because it's called a secondary. You pick your main gun aware of what's it's good and what it's not, and then your secondary just shouldn't be as powerful, like I said with snipers, it takes away classes weaknesses when the secondaries are that good.

I don't think it does, on MW2 possible, because the AR's are all powerful, but it shouldn't be like that in the first place.

And why shouldn't they be primaries? It gives the classes a bit more variety, which is always a good thing.

Other good news... quickscoping is in, as are those model 1887 shotguns.

I'm looking forward to getting shot from the other side of the map by someone wielding dual 1887's, and getting killed by some 16 year old chav called iiZZ ScOpEz HD ZZii, who jumps out of a window, does a nice little pirouette in mid air for his montage, and quickscopes me.

:lol:

Luckily that kinda stuff gets pretty well diluted when the game is in it's first year, it tends to be games coming towards the end of their life cycle (CoD4, MW2) that is full of them because they won't play Black Ops, they all eventually go back there whilst most players go to whatever's new.

They patched the 1887's too much IMO, they became useless when they didn't need to. The singles shouldn't have been patched at all though, they were useless anyway despite their range.