dudevillaisnice

So, let me get this striaght, You are saying Everton are a bigger club than Liverpool?

No. He has been quite clear, he is saying they are better supported in Liverpool you couldn't say the same about Birmingham.

I'm sat in Liverpool as I type this surrounded by an office in which Everton fans out number Liverpool 2 to 1.

As an indication for you on the Liverpool fan base, when Liverpool are at home it is impossible for me to find a hotel room in central Liverpool because they are all booked up by fans from Ireland and Scandanavia.

So, let me get this striaght, You are saying Everton are a bigger club than Liverpool?

I didnt say that and you know it, READ what I said, not what you want it to say

Im sorry but thats how I READ it.

Everton fill their ground

Eh? Liverpool fill Anfield every week, Everton very rarely fill Goodison. Against Boro' on Sunday they got 31,000, just a week earlier we got nearly 37,000 against them. Everton's gates usually hover around 35,000 and they get about 38,000 against Man Utd and Liverpool. Even in the week leading up to the game against Liverpool there are tickets readily available, thats how Liverpool fans get tickets in their ends because the tickets are on general sale up until the day before the game

did you count all 3 of the boro fans? See Everton cant sell the second tranch of away tickets to home fans like some clubs can, even if the Upper Bullens tickets aren't taken by the away tea they are never sold to Everton fans

Everton are something like the 7th highest attended club in the country

AS much as i dislike Everton they are no Small Heath. They have history comparable to ours.

I agree, but they will always be in the shadow of Liverpool in the same way SHA will to us.

Thats the only comparison I made.

Everton cant sell the second tranch of away tickets to home fans like some clubs can

Could a new stadium do that? Certainly would to start but do you think fans don't like to travel to Everton because Goodison is.. well.. a bit shit?

I'm confused as to why there is any confusion on the "Everton will always be in Liverpools shadow" comment. I don't know if it's our new found hatred for Liverpool, but Everton and nowhere near the size of the club that Liverpool are, not even close.

The difference in trophies between Liverpool and Everton is probably bigger than the difference between the number of trophies between Villa and Blues to be honest. As for the 'better supported team in Liverpool', that doesn't mean that much really. Torino are by far the most supported team in Turin, Juventus have very few fans in and around the city.. does this mean Torino are abigger club than Juve, or even close?

So yeah, in my opinion, Everton will be in the shadow of Liverpool as long as I'm alive, same goes for Blues and us.

I'm confused as to why there is any confusion on the "Everton will always be in Liverpools shadow" comment. I don't know if it's our new found hatred for Liverpool, but Everton and nowhere near the size of the club that Liverpool are, not even close.

The difference in trophies between Liverpool and Everton is probably bigger than the difference between the number of trophies between Villa and Blues to be honest. As for the 'better supported team in Liverpool', that doesn't mean that much really. Torino are by far the most supported team in Turin, Juventus have very few fans in and around the city.. does this mean Torino are abigger club than Juve, or even close?

So yeah, in my opinion, Everton will be in the shadow of Liverpool as long as I'm alive, same goes for Blues and us.

How long have you been following football?

Not a dig, a genuine question.

If you started in around 1998 sometime then I could perhaps undestand where you are coming from.

In my lifetime Everton have won league titles, European trophies and signed high profile players. On numerous occasions. Pretty certain that when they finished above Liverpool, as they did on a number of occasions in the 80's, there was no talk of always being in their shadow.

There is absolutely no comparson between SHA and Everton.

Â