dudevillaisnice

I don't think Everton will be able to afford a new stadium just yet. Their attendances have been dropping lately, and theres a few on the board against the new stadium idea who will be using that as their joker card to make sure it doesn't happen. Building a new stadium when you can't fill your current one can be argued as an investment for the future to encourage new fans - but building a new stadium when your current attendances are decreasing, and largely due to the economical climate and not through internal affairs or on-pitch performances, will be deemed unfeasible at this time, I am sure.

And it's not just some people at the club opposing the move remember.

I don't think Everton will be able to afford a new stadium just yet. Their attendances have been dropping lately, and theres a few on the board against the new stadium idea who will be using that as their joker card to make sure it doesn't happen. Building a new stadium when you can't fill your current one can be argued as an investment for the future to encourage new fans - but building a new stadium when your current attendances are decreasing, and largely due to the economical climate and not through internal affairs or on-pitch performances, will be deemed unfeasible at this time, I am sure.

The whole reason we want this stadium is because it costs us next to nothing. But the whole plan is crap, you won't be able to park within 2-3 miles of the stadium, there are only one train station to accomodate for a 50000 ground. There is basically one road in and one road out.How are the fans meant to access it? Goodison is one of the easiest grounds to get away from in that it is in built up housing, so ma ny different roads to go down and you can head in any direction. All the fans will basically be heading bac into the city and have almost no way of getting there. It's ridiculous, stupid and cheap. We won't even own the bloomin thing so could be kicked off at any point and I don't want to move. The whole thing sucks.

The only slight upside is that when the ground gets the go ahead, that is when investors will start bidding for us because they will now the ground move is secured and they can look to the future.

I don't want to leave :cry:

Building a new stadium when you can't fill your current one can be .

Attendences for the first season in a new ground go up - FACT. If we perform well on the pitch, like we have done recently, we were getting 39000 odd every week - basically selling out. So if we get new ground, and performances on the pitch, I'd expect pretty decent attendences, but I guess you have to loo and I know many people who won't go if it happens, probably myself included.

Building a new stadium when you can't fill your current one can be .

Attendences for the first season in a new ground go up - FACT.

Yes, that's what I said... *puzzled*

I heard people at the club were against the stadium, I just naturally assumed it was cost. It really sounds like a crap location though, hope that doesn't happen.

Attendances will go up to start with, of course.. but they have to stay up when the novelty of a new stadium has worn off. At this current time, I can't see that happening, even the London clubs have had attendances dropping lately.

While I understand the economic reason's for Everton seeking to leave Goodison I really hope that they don't and it has nothing to do with them being our rivals.

I simply feel like a lot of the soul and history of football has been lost in recent years in our game with the demolition of many of the old homes of the game. Grounds like Roker Park and The Baseball Ground while old and decrepid were symbolic of the history of our game and the communities in which the clubs grew up and Goodison is too me the same.

The new grounds made of plastic with their transiant names that will change whenever a sponser moves on built on city outskirts and industrial parks simply have no soul, no history, no character and no link to the original bedrock of the clubs.

I wouldn't care if they knocked down every stand at Villa Park and started again we long since demolished the bricks and mortar of our history but I would be devestated if we were to leave the ground itself.

As a kid trips to Goodison were among the first I looked for when the fixtures were realised and its remained a favourite all these years later, Goodison may be old it may not be in the best of states or even areas but its a real football ground. These days real football grounds in the top flight are a rare thing and will I understand why Everton want/need to move I can't help being selfish and hoping they stay put.

The thing is, I now something needs to happen. Preferably refurbish Goodison but the club claim it's not possible or viable, when it has been proven it is. I wouldn't even mind moving, but only to the right place, and Kirkby ain't it.

Right went on an Everton forum, first thread I found on him

This season he hasnt really had a bad game. He has been the player of the season so far, and MoM for most matches

Jagielka has been our best player this season by a fooking mile. He is so good in defence and without doubt the best defender we have in our squad, he's one of a select group (three maybe?) who absolutely love the club and show that on the field

Jags by a mile should be at the top of everyone's list so far for player of the season. He's lead at the back for us when certain other players heads (and bodies) have been god knows where.

Jags is the best, Great player, great bloke, great leader. Mr EFC, exactly the quality of player and type of character we need more of.

He's my favourite player.

For me he is up there with the best defenders in the league. However I think he will always be overlooked by Capello as he is not playing for the Sky4.

pure class, most underated player in the prem, his performances after performances get better, he had rooney and berbatov in his pocket sat, and has constantly kept the top strikers in the league quiet, he played torres brilliantly in the derby out battled him and didnt give him a sniff, he was let down by his team mates

there is no other contender for player of the year so far

I ain't even reached bottom of the first page ;)

I'm not trying to change your mind but just giving our views on him.

Read through this forum about Petrov.

People proclaiming him to be our best player this season despite having a go at him over the past 2 years.

Form is temporary - class is permanent. I think Jagielka is on form, but is he a top class player? I dont think so myself.

Form is temporary - class is permanent. I think Jagielka is on form, but is he a top class player? I dont think so myself.

In that case he has been on top form for just about a year now, since he first broke into the team.. :winkold:

Well if he still is in 3 years time, I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

I dont believe he's good enough, and in fact, dont think he ever has been. Surrounded by better players now he can play more confidently, knowing if he makes a mistake there should be enough around him to drag him out of a hole, but I still dont think hes what you'd call a top class Premiership defender, and I certainly wouldnt swap him for Laursen, Davies or Cuellar.

Knight on the other hand.....

While I understand the economic reason's for Everton seeking to leave Goodison I really hope that they don't and it has nothing to do with them being our rivals.

I simply feel like a lot of the soul and history of football has been lost in recent years in our game with the demolition of many of the old homes of the game. Grounds like Roker Park and The Baseball Ground while old and decrepid were symbolic of the history of our game and the communities in which the clubs grew up and Goodison is too me the same.

The new grounds made of plastic with their transiant names that will change whenever a sponser moves on built on city outskirts and industrial parks simply have no soul, no history, no character and no link to the original bedrock of the clubs.

I wouldn't care if they knocked down every stand at Villa Park and started again we long since demolished the bricks and mortar of our history but I would be devestated if we were to leave the ground itself.

As a kid trips to Goodison were among the first I looked for when the fixtures were realised and its remained a favourite all these years later, Goodison may be old it may not be in the best of states or even areas but its a real football ground. These days real football grounds in the top flight are a rare thing and will I understand why Everton want/need to move I can't help being selfish and hoping they stay put.

Im with you on this Trent.

One of the best things for me in going to all of the away games is travelling to different areas, and standing in famous historic grounds. Looking at the surroundings and remembering classic matches from years and years ago played in that same ground.

Now, I go to Wigan, Bolton, Boro, Man City, Arsenal, Southampton and many more and they all look the same. No history, no meaning.

Yes, in todays game clubs need bigger and better grounds, but it does ruin those away trips.

Currently, the two grounds in Liverpool are pretty much the only ones left along with ourselves that gives that same feeling when stood in the stands, and for that reason I hope Everton stay put.

agree on everything said about Goodison, it is so much better in so many ways when compared to the emirates it is impossible to list them all

proper football grounds are not designed for the corporates as the Emirates and Mould Trafford is but designed for the fans.

Thats why VP is great ( I know the middle Trinity of course) because you have one proper end stand that is untainted byt the corproates and thus still tries to act like a football ground does

Everton's move is based of course on cash but in this climate no club can seriously contemplate a building project

Everton need a new ground as much as Blues do.

Both the crappist teams in their city and both will always be in the shadow of their rivals. A 50k stadium will not change that.

Shows how little you know about football on Merseyside and Birmingham comparatively

Why will Everton always be in the shadow of the team that occupy their former ground?

Everton are older than Liverpool

Everton have won trophies

Everton have been in top flight football for a much longer period of time that their rivals

Everton fill their ground

The teams are supported in equal numbers (if not Everton the slightly larger of the two by the local population)

How are they in any shape or form similar to sha?

2nd to Liverpool in the same way SHA are 2nd to Villa.

Are you trying to suggest Everton are a bigger club that Liverpool!?!

In the city of Liverpool? erm Yes and being as I've lived here for over two decades I think I'm well placed to judge

And no not 2nd to Liverpool in the same way as sha are to us at all, to argue that they are makes you look foolish, in fact its borderline PFE as it simply isnt true

Â