dudevillaisnice

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some on here said Dyche was guaranteed survival as if he was some icon of management

Don’t think anyone said they’re guaranteed to stay up - but he’s a much better manager than Frank Lampard. 

• Like 2

It's so hard to turn a juggernaut of a club round when it's going to shit, as we found out.  Looking back, the negativity around appointing Benitez then giving him a couple of million to spend was criminal really.  They've never recovered from that and they were a bit shit before then too.

He's won 2 out of 5 they would probably have took that when he took over. Next two games are key. They need 4 points from them and they desperately need calvert-lewin.back. Hes there only Hope. Maupay is a championship striker. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Dyche is a shite manager.

A glorified Steve Bruce.

I think that's a bit harsh - I'm not sure too many managers would have had that Burnley squad doing much better. I think what Kompany has done with them has shown Dyche's ceiling.

I think a fairer comparison might be Allardyce

I still think they'll shithouse their way out of it, just, again. The fact that we turned them over at Goodison Park relatively easily means little when they have this uncanny ability to conjure up unlikely wins out of nowhere there.

That said, I think it's between them and Leeds for that final spot, and maybe Forest.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don’t think anyone said they’re guaranteed to stay up - but he’s a much better manager than Frank Lampard. 

Was some on here guaranteeing them survival based on his appointment

He is definitely better than Lampard but have no attacking tools at all

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Some on here said Dyche was guaranteed survival as if he was some icon of management

Its not the results like yesterday that will determine whether they stay up, its the home games and the teams around them.  They were always losing yesterday 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not the results like yesterday that will determine whether they stay up, its the home games and the teams around them.  They were always losing yesterday 

Like Saturday vs us 😉

They also folded in the derby to a Liverpool in rotten form

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's won 2 out of 5 they would probably have took that when he took over. Next two games are key. They need 4 points from them and they desperately need calvert-lewin.back. Hes there only Hope. Maupay is a championship striker. 

I think if they are waiting for DCL to save them they are in trouble. Ignoring the fact that he is always injured he is also actually crap too. He had one half decent season about 3 years ago but before and since has been average to poor at best. I have said this before but I think he is one of Everton’s biggest problems because the club are looking at him as if he is a super star striker based off that season and off the back of that not only haven’t replaced him they have actively let the one actual decent striker in richarleson leave. They won’t have much more of a goal threat than they currently have with Maupay when DCL returns so I think they are bang in trouble although as some have said they will probably scrap out probably by no more than a point with some 1-0 set piece goals. Fwiw I am worried Ollie Watkins current form might be similar to DCL and it disguises our need for a top level clinical striker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I think that's a bit harsh - I'm not sure too many managers would have had that Burnley squad doing much better. I think what Kompany has done with them has shown Dyche's ceiling.

I think a fairer comparison might be Allardyce

Also the championship is a different kettle of fish. 

• Like 1

Their defending last night was atrocious, Arsenal just opening them up at ease by playing passes between centre back and full back, and able to keep making it work because Everton are so static. The one thing you expect from a Dyche side is defensive organisation and commitment, and if that even isn't gonna happen I don't know what hope they've got. 

They may get just enough to get over the line, but they certainly aren't 'too good to go down' or whatever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think if they are waiting for DCL to save them they are in trouble. Ignoring the fact that he is always injured he is also actually crap too. He had one half decent season about 3 years ago but before and since has been average to poor at best. I have said this before but I think he is one of Everton’s biggest problems because the club are looking at him as if he is a super star striker based off that season and off the back of that not only haven’t replaced him they have actively let the one actual decent striker in richarleson leave. They won’t have much more of a goal threat than they currently have with Maupay when DCL returns so I think they are bang in trouble although as some have said they will probably scrap out probably by no more than a point with some 1-0 set piece goals. Fwiw I am worried Ollie Watkins current form might be similar to DCL and it disguises our need for a top level clinical striker.

I think he would have got on the end of one of those McNeil crosses against us. Hes not the best but hes a massive aeriel threat. 

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How many points do they need to survive do we think ?

I reckon it'll be about 34/35ish this season, so they'll need around 14 from their remaining 13 games, which isn't impossible.

• Thanks 1

Â