dudevillaisnice

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I rate Dyche but what basis is he a guaranteed success? People said similar last season and Burnley only improved when they sacked him

They got relegated. New bounce from someone, anyone. It had gone stale. Understandable. Same dressing room year in year out. We just going to totally write off his other years at Burnley ? Howe didn’t leave Bournemouth in great shape at the end. He’s not doing too bad now. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They got relegated. New bounce from someone, anyone. It had gone stale. Understandable. Same dressing room year in year out. We just going to totally write off his other years at Burnley ? Howe didn’t leave Bournemouth in great shape at the end. He’s not doing too bad now. 

He got Burnley relegated previously before so has 2 on his record :P 

Again he done well but is absolute no guarantee he is turning it around same it wouldnt if Big Sam took over

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He got Burnley relegated previously before so has 2 on his record :P 

Again he done well but is absolute no guarantee he is turning it around same it wouldnt if Big Sam took over

The most blanket statement ever that is. Nothing a guarantee in football. Silva tanked at Everton with a huge spend . Flying it at Fulham with a lesser spend. 

37 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Dyche would be a fool to go there tbh. Whole club seems rotten, it will take a lot of turning around. There's every risk they get relegated and his stock plummets 

He’s gotta take something. It’s a big job. He waits and waits and eventually he’s Alan Curbishley. The longer he’s out his stock falls 

Edited by Johnnyp

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The most blanket statement ever that is. Nothing a guarantee in football. Silva tanked at Everton with a huge spend . Flying it at Fulham with a lesser spend. 

In fairness SIlva finished 8th in his only season as Everton manager and missed Europe by 3 points

Also he wasnt buying the players at Everton as they had that Dutch guy

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I rate Dyche but what basis is he a guaranteed success? People said similar last season and Burnley only improved when they sacked him

Not guaranteed, just think their squad could set up well in a Dyche system.  I think he could get them playing back to basics, sure up defensively and he's a nice guy so would probably unite the squad.  On balance did a great job with Burnley, often fighting in the bottom half of the table so could draw on that experience.  

I think the other options being mentioned are more risky in terms of avoiding the drop 

13 minutes ago, Adman said:

Not guaranteed, just think their squad could set up well in a Dyche system.  I think he could get them playing back to basics, sure up defensively and he's a nice guy so would probably unite the squad.  On balance did a great job with Burnley, often fighting in the bottom half of the table so could draw on that experience.  

I think the other options being mentioned are more risky in terms of avoiding the drop 

Well i mean they’ll play great football under Bielsa, probably concede 4 or 5 every week but they’ll play great 😒

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like Bielsa would be an absolute disaster to bring in now. Maybe before the WC break would have been ideal. 

He was going to take over Bournemouth wasn't he before changing his mind last minute.

I don't think they've got enough pace or goals in their team for him to get them x number of wins in such a short space of time.

Perhaps likes of Gray and Gordon will look better under him but they'll be shipping 2-3 goals a game like now if he's going to be asking Coleman to be going up and down the right all game, it's not 2012 anymore and he just can't do it anymore. Mkylenyko also offers very little going forward the other side.

Guess there thinking is they just need wins so better to gamble on that sort of manager than someone who'll try to grind draws out and then they probably run out of enough games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’ll be five different Everton managers in five consecutive games against us when we play them next.

We have played them 7 times since promotion and only Ancelotti has managed more than one game vs us

Some delusional Everton fans really think they can get Poch or Tuchel because of their club stature aka 'You can't really get any bigger than us'.

Thinks Everton is a sleeping Giant while Villa is just a mid-sized club. I really hope they can taste what we've tasted 7/8 years ago.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bielsa, do me a favour. That's just what they need, someone to come in and disorganise the defence a bit. 

Part of me thinks that he will appreciate the current defending :P  

5 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Some delusional Everton fans really think they can get Poch or Tuchel because of their club stature aka 'You can't really get any bigger than us'.

Thinks Everton is a sleeping Giant while Villa is just a mid-sized club. I really hope they can taste what we've tasted 7/8 years ago.

I’ll be honest they should count themselves lucky that someone like Dyche would entertain them. I’d of of loved him that season we went down, now we had shite players but he’d of given it some go. Let them go for the “ shiny new toy “ manager. They can get ready for away trips to Luton and Swansea. 

Edited by Johnnyp

Hands up in the streets to set the record straight.

Bielsa teams conceding a lot goals is a bit of a myth, or at least defensivley at Leeds he wasn't as bad as is made out, last season Leeds conceded many whilst he was there because of an insane injury crisis, they were having to play U21s and midfielders in defence, they haven't actually been any better defensively since he left after players return from injury and they signed new defenders.

The season before last when Leeds finished nineth with fifty-nine points, they conceded fifty-five, seven other teams conceded more, so not great, but also not deserving of this idea that his teams concede lots of goals, and they made up for it in attack finishing with more points than we've finished with at Premier League level since 2010, with frankly a Championship quality squad.

in his two seasons in the Championship Leeds had third best and best defence in the league.

Not saying he would be good for Everton but if he was to go there and fail I think it would probably be more because it would be difficult for him to get his ideas across halway through a season, and not sure their players would respond to his methods in the same way the Leeds players did.

Â