dudevillaisnice

54 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I’m sure Mina understood what he was going on about 😂

Fair play to him for getting out and talking to them. (well, listening to the noises) 

• Like 1

Their forums are very reminiscent of VT in the year we went down. 

Plenty saying it will be the reset they need. Will be nice to go into every match looking too win. Will be entertaining. Will be a pleasant change. We will be a giant down there. 

All very reminiscent. I wonder how many of those on here who wrote similar felt when they saw that looked in Xia's eyes after the Fulham defeat. 

There is no positive side to relegation. We were so so so lucky NSWE came along when they did because I fear if they didn't Villa would either not exist or be owned by a 2 bit chancer running us on a shoestring whilst we circled Championship relegation. 

NSWE types don't grow on trees. I would be surprised if another turned up for Everton if they were on the abyss, especially as they'd be stuck at Goodison by then too. 

• Like 4

Just now, sidcow said:

Their forums are very reminiscent of VT in the year we went down. 

Plenty saying it will be the reset they need. Will be nice to go into every match looking too win. Will be entertaining. Will be a pleasant change. We will be a giant down there. 

All very reminiscent. I wonder how many of those on here who wrote similar felt when they saw that looked in Xia's eyes after the Fulham defeat. 

There is no positive side to relegation. We were so so so lucky NSWE came along when they did because I fear if they didn't Villa would either not exist or be owned by a 2 bit chancer running us on a shoestring whilst we circled Championship relegation. 

NSWE types don't grow on trees. I would be surprised if another turned up for Everton if they were on the abyss, especially as they'd be stuck at Goodison by then too. 

I don't know, being competitive is quite good fun.

Certainly beats this life where every win is great and every non-win is **** awful.  The players are good, and then no some are shit and we need to get rid.  We can push for Europe but no we need a reset.  And so on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know, being competitive is quite good fun.

Certainly beats this life where every win is great and every non-win is **** awful.  The players are good, and then no some are shit and we need to get rid.  We can push for Europe but no we need a reset.  And so on.

We were barely competitive for most of our time in The Championship. Awful first season, just about stumbled into The Play Offs second season and only a quite astonishing 10 games in the 3rd season catapulted us from nowhere into The Play Offs third season. 

And we spent a bucket load to do that. 

Take out that 10 game run and it was actually a pretty miserable time, I think people forget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We were barely competitive for most of our time in The Championship. Awful first season, just about stumbled into The Play Offs second season and only a quite astonishing 10 games in the 3rd season catapulted us from nowhere into The Play Offs third season. 

Take out that 10 game run and it was actually a pretty miserable time, I think people forget. 

You're talking very specifically about Aston Villa, but most relegated clubs are immediately competitive in the Championship.  Even with decent squad turnovers.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're talking very specifically about Aston Villa, but most relegated clubs are immediately competitive in the Championship.  Even with decent squad turnovers.

Championship and League 1 is littered with former Premier League teams. Not a gamble I'd ever, ever like to take. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know the prem is where its at but the championship was enjoyable like football from back in the day.

Big away followings being the team that everyone wants to beat.  No VAR no favouritism by refs.

In many ways its loads better than the prem apart from the money.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I know the prem is where its at but the championship was enjoyable like football from back in the day.

Big away followings being the team that everyone wants to beat.  No VAR no favouritism by refs.

In many ways its loads better than the prem apart from the money.

Each to their own I guess.

Sounds like a very noble way to risk the very existence of the club. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like a very noble way to risk the very existence of the club. 

Like I said it's all about money not the fans.  That's why The Championship is a better league anyone of the teams can get promoted  that's how it should be.

Maybe it was my youth but every year growing up I thought Villa could win the league. That has long gone in the Prem years.

Am I just old now or is The Prem the problem and football in general?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

He started by having a go at Mina  and then he wants him made captain and to be outspoken

Mina didnt even play today 

• Haha 1

Looking at the Everton squad I dont think is a player I would take if they went down. They are still starting Coleman a great servant but its time to move on from him

Whatever happened to the Rangers right back that apparently Stevie Me developed yet we had no interest in signing

Edited by Zatman

Just been reading their forum. 

There is a video of them setting up a road block, chasing Anthony Gordon in his motor, then verbally abusing him. 

For that alone, I hope they go down, might bring some of their fans back to reality because that sort of behaviour is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Meh, like our fans at Wycombe a few years ago when they seen the lads laughing on the bench and they spoke to Richards. He’s making his point but he’s also in awe of the fact he’s got to speak to Mina hence the hand shaking like they are best buds at the end. If you were genuinely pissed you wouldn’t climb down like that and offer your hand out. 

40 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Just been reading their forum. 

There is a video of them setting up a road block, chasing Anthony Gordon in his motor, then verbally abusing him. 

For that alone, I hope they go down, might bring some of their fans back to reality because that sort of behaviour is ridiculous. 

said it before and i'll say it again. never met an everton fan that i've liked. such an unlikable fanbase. the red half...as in the proper match-attending fans, are actually alright from my experience. but everton fans just always seem to have a chip on their shoulder. and this is going back years, when i was in my early 20s i watched the 3-2 ash young winner game on my own in a pub and they were proper pricks to me all game. would LOVE it if they went down

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Depends on the club.

Burnley fans I imagine are enjoying this season compared to last five. A vibrant, younger team playing some brilliant football and they will surprise a few back in the prem next season.

Newcastle also had a couple of title winning seasons so that gave their fanbase a bit more positivity coming up although of course we all know what their game changer was.

However Sunderland getting relegated and then going down again the next season wasn't much fan and we'd have been on the same path in 2018 if the takeover hadn't happened.

SHA used to say they loved the up and down nature of their existence so they're all really hurting inside that they're a complete non-entity at championship level now and even their relegation battles are pretty boring as they do just enough to cling on.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Looking at the Everton squad I dont think is a player I would take if they went down. They are still starting Coleman a great servant but its time to move on from him

Whatever happened to the Rangers right back that apparently Stevie Me developed yet we had no interest in signing

Patterson is probably their best player this season but one of those who's constantly injury prone, reminds me of Tierney at Arsenal.

Â