dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Talk Newcastle are targeting Ben Godfrey as key defensive option for next season.😆

Just when you think you're in massive FFP trouble along comes Eddie Howe to blow 20m + on yet another average English defender.

Did he confuse Everton up with his Liverpool mates 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Deli alli has to be one if the most one of the most over rated and shittest players. I actually cannot believe they blew 40m on him. Madness.

They didn't though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Deli alli has to be one if the most one of the most over rated and shittest players. I actually cannot believe they blew 40m on him. Madness.

what was the deal though?, wasnt it zero up front with £X millions after certain triggers?

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 21:11, bobzy said:

West Ham (A)
Burnley (A)
Man Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Brentford (H)
Arsenal (A)

How many points do you reckon they’re picking up? That Burnley game looks HUGE. 

so even if they beat Burnley and Brentford, that would still only put them on 31 points.

I wonder what the points cut off will be this season for staying up.....

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Based on performance related add ons, he's not playing never mind performing. Something drastic would need to happen for them to pay that fee.

I do wonder what the up front fee was . If it was anymore than 10m they have been absolutely ripped off

3 hours ago, rosenthal said:

Dele was free transfer initially, 10m after 20 games. 40m if he's an absolute success for them. 
Question now is probably whether Spurs get a cut of a transfer in the summer.

Even if you get rid of him on a free, it's a good deal for you lot. He's absolute pony, just a waste of a wage.

So the accounts say they've lost £372m over three years - just ever so slightly a smidgen over the accepted FFP limit of £105m.

They're somehow writing off almost £200m as Covid related loss - leaving them with losses of around £170m.

They're then claiming that they've spent more than £65m on stadium, infrastructure and academy which they're saying is deductable from their losses and brings them down to losses within the £105m limit.

They've claimed they're in a sound financial position.

If all of that is true and within the rules, we're about £150m better off than I thought we were!

The rules are nonsense.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf I don’t think anyone does rate him anymore and Everton just seem to have a death wish. It’s a shame really as he did used to be quality. Not really sure what happened there. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder what the up front fee was . If it was anymore than 10m they have been absolutely ripped off

£0

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbf I don’t think anyone does rate him anymore and Everton just seem to have a death wish. It’s a shame really as he did used to be quality. Not really sure what happened there. 

He had to start making his own beans on toast.

They've actually written off £103m to Covid in a single season.

A reminder that total matchday revenues for Everton in a season (including tickets, programmes, food, hospitality and parking) bring in around £18m per year.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've actually written off £103m to Covid in a single season.

A reminder that total matchday revenues for Everton in a season (including tickets, programmes, food, hospitality and parking) bring in around £18m per year.

was it 37m we wrote off?

if they wrote off 103m, thats some creative accounting right there.....

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so even if they beat Burnley and Brentford, that would still only put them on 31 points.

I wonder what the points cut off will be this season for staying up.....

Burnley likely won't catch them if they win there. Watford could be ones to watch....awful at home but they still have all of Burnley, Leeds, Brentford, Everton and Leicester all to play at Vicarage road.

Not impossible Watford could get 3 wins and two draws from that so that would put them on 33 points. Burnley still got us to play twice, Norwich away and likes of Southampton and Wolves at home. And Newcastle home final day.

Everton need to get to 35 points before they can even think of safety imo so loads of work to do yet and not convinced they'll get there with fixtures they have left.

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

He signed a big contract and hasn't tried a leg since. Thought he was billy big bollocks but he's just another midfielder who was living off scoring goals. Once the goals stopped he had nothing and he isn't arsed trying to fix it. 

Â