dudevillaisnice

An Everton fan has admitted assaulting an Aston Villa footballer with a plastic bottle thrown from his seat.

Roger Tweedle, 19, hurled a bottle of Lucozade towards Villa's players as they celebrated a goal in their 1-0 win in the Premier League on 22 January.

A court heard he was seen to raise his hands in celebration when it hit Matty Cash in the face at Goodison Park.

Tweedle, of Walton in Liverpool, admitted common assault and throwing a bottle at or towards the playing area.

He was granted bail ahead of sentencing at Sefton Magistrates' Court on 24 March and must not go within a mile of Everton's Goodison Park ground or attend any regulated football matches.

BBC link

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Did we complain about the 'Rodri offside goal'? i mean that was bigger bullshit and i really try not to be bias but Villa do seem to get done by bullshit the most.

Didn't Smith get fined for it, was it the game he told the 4th official if he got juggling balls for Christmas 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

On 28/02/2022 at 15:11, Zatman said:

They could be in the relegation zone and 5 points adrift of Burnley before they play again

You are right they could be but although they lost to us at home their home form will get them out of trouble. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You are right they could be but although they lost to us at home their home form will get them out of trouble. 

The home form is poor though. 3 wins in the last 10 or 10 points from 30

They will drop into the bottom three if Burnley can avoid defeat at home to Leicester tonight. They probably have the hardest run in of any of the teams being talked about as relegation candidates, they have to play all the current top eight, and their last five games are Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Leicester (a), Brentford (h), and Arsenal (a). The one advantage they do have though is games in hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The home form is poor though. 3 wins in the last 10 or 10 points from 30

Done well under Lampard though. Away not so good. Burnley have the fight and spirit to get out of it weghorst is a great signing. Think they should beat Leicester tonight given their defensive problems. Brentford should never have beat us and look like they will struggle to pick up another win. Leeds who knows!

1 minute ago, useless said:

They will drop into the bottom three if Burnley can avoid defeat at home to Leicester tonight. They probably have the hardest run in of any of the teams being talked about as relegation candidates, they have to play all the current top eight, and their last five games are Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Leicester (a), Brentford (h), and Arsenal (a). The one advantage they do have though is games in hand.

yes but how many points do you think Brentford and Leeds will pick up. 

I think Brentford's form will improve, they've just been unlucky that since beating us they've had to play a mixture of the best teams in the league or the most in form teams in the league, Palace and Newcastle being the exceptions, but they got a draw with Palace and against Newcastle played most of the game with ten men.

Not sure what to make of Leeds Phillips and Bamford coming back might give them a chance, hard to say how their players will cope without Bielsa's system, I think they're probably more likely to go down than Everton, was just pointing out that Everton have a difficult run in, so I wouldn't be too dismissive of them going down.

I still wouldn't completely rule out Newcastle, if Burnley win tonight then they're only three points clear, and I think they've had a lot of fortune with their recent results, Leeds should have beat them, us and Everton were awful against them and even they only just about won those games as they weren't that much better themselves, and then against Brentford they were playing against ten men for most of the game.

32 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Brentford's form will improve, they've just been unlucky that since beating us they've had to play a mixture of the best teams in the league or the most in form teams in the league, Palace and Newcastle being the exceptions, but they got a draw with Palace and against Newcastle played most of the game with ten men.

Not sure what to make of Leeds Phillips and Bamford coming back might give them a chance, hard to say how their players will cope without Bielsa's system, I think they're probably more likely to go down than Everton, was just pointing out that Everton have a difficult run in, so I wouldn't be too dismissive of them going down.

I still wouldn't completely rule out Newcastle, if Burnley win tonight then they're only three points clear, and I think they've had a lot of fortune with their recent results, Leeds should have beat them, us and Everton were awful against them and even they only just about won those games as they weren't that much better themselves, and then against Brentford they were playing against ten men for most of the game.

Their form before us wasnt much good either. They were lucky to beat watford after being outplayed for 90% of the game. 

Before Brentford played us they were nine points clear of the bottom three, after they beat us they were twelve points clear, it's only since then and having had a run of fixtures where they've played Southampton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Wolves, Man City, Palace, Arsenal, and Newcastle, which as I said is a mixture of some of the best and most in form teams in the league, that they've  been dragged into the battle.

Obviously once you're on a bad run it's difficult to get out of it, but once they pick up their next win I can see them improving, they might still find themselves in a relegation battle until the end of the season, my point is that just because they've been in woeful form recently doesn't mean to say that that's going to continue as they've already shown that they're more than capable of competing in this league.

As for Everton I hadn't realized quite how bad their form has been, they've only won two League games since September, one of those at home against Norwich and the other against Leeds in their recent poor run of form, they've taken just nine points from their last eighteen games, they've bascially average half a point a game since the beginning of October and have picked up fewer points than any other team since start of September.

I think they will be okay, but I wouldn't be overly confident If I were a fan of theirs.

37 minutes ago, useless said:

Before Brentford played us they were nine points clear of the bottom three, after they beat us they were twelve points clear, it's only since then and having had a run of fixtures where they've played Southampton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Wolves, Man City, Palace, Arsenal, and Newcastle, which as I said is a mixture of some of the best and most in form teams in the league, that they've  been dragged into the battle.

Obviously once you're on a bad run it's difficult to get out of it, but once they pick up their next win I can see them improving, they might still find themselves in a relegation battle until the end of the season, my point is that just because they've been in woeful form recently doesn't mean to say that that's going to continue as they've already shown that they're more than capable of competing in this league.

As for Everton I hadn't realized quite how bad their form has been, they've only won two League games since September, one of those at home against Norwich and the other against Leeds in their recent poor run of form, they've taken just nine points from their last eighteen games, they've bascially average half a point a game since the beginning of October and have picked up fewer points than any other team since start of September.

I think they will be okay, but I wouldn't be overly confident If I were a fan of theirs.

i know but its happened many times before with newly promoted clubs that they start off well then fall away. They have key games coming up. Norwich and then Burnley the next two. They need to win one of those. 

Wow didnt realise how close they are to relegation zone. Looking at tgeir fixtures they have a hell of a lot of tough games. 

They couldnt go down could they? Only one of 7 of the pl originals never to have been relegated 

Everton’s situation doesn’t really surprise me. It’s very like us before we went down in that you could see it coming a couple of years ago but I thought they would’ve done something about the glaring issues with there squad like having lots of the same types of players and being unbalanced with no real style of play.

the advantage Everton had over us back then is the money hasn’t been turned off yet I don’t think  but if it was and they are stuck with this bunch then if it’s not this year it’s next year.

• Like 1

Received an apology from Mike Riley (Head of PGMOL) over the City handball. I'm struggling to remember if we've (or any other team) had an apology from them before. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow didnt realise how close they are to relegation zone. Looking at tgeir fixtures they have a hell of a lot of tough games. 

They couldnt go down could they? Only one of 7 of the pl originals never to have been relegated 

Six originals. I think we made it seven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â