Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

My red Scouse supporting mate (I know I know) reckons that their fan sites are saying that, butland's agents are talking to them at the moment and coincidently bent is also with te same agents and that his name has been mentioned within talks...

Not sure how true any of that is, just passing it on.

What happens if Benteke gets a long term injury ?

What if he doesn't? Is Bent going to accept the bench for the rest of the season, or are we going to keep paying him while he watches Bowery sit there instead?

we celebrate abd play two good strikers and wingers and sell gabby??

[/dream]

1990 called, it wants its tactics back.

I would like to see our current set up and maybe try Benteke where Holman was and bent as the out and out striker.

Benteke can hold the ball up, keep possession and flick it on to someone. Also when we get the ball out wide we'd have both Benteke and bent in the box attacking the ball.

Benteke has shown he can drop deep and keep the ball with Westwood and bannan.

I think it could be quite interesting to see it and would give us a bit more when attacking.

I would like to see our current set up and maybe try Benteke where Holman was and bent as the out and out striker.

Benteke can hold the ball up, keep possession and flick it on to someone. Also when we get the ball out wide we'd have both Benteke and bent in the box attacking the ball.

Benteke has shown he can drop deep and keep the ball with Westwood and bannan.

I think it could be quite interesting to see it and would give us a bit more when attacking.

It's one less person to stop the opposition playing though. On Tuesday we had Bannan, Westwood, Holman and whatever Benteke was putting in.

I would rather have Bent as an option with Ireland behind him, but would have to drop Benteke though, and Bent would have to work his balls off.

In our current system Bent is a luxury we can't afford.

What if he doesn't? Is Bent going to accept the bench for the rest of the season, or are we going to keep paying him while he watches Bowery sit there instead?

At some stage Benteke will either hit the proverbial brick wall and lose form or quite simply he will need resting. Who will score in his place if we sell Bent?

At some stage Benteke will either hit the proverbial brick wall and lose form or quite simply he will need resting. Who will score in his place if we sell Bent?

These are valid concerns, no doubt about it. In an ideal world, Bent and Lambert would be happy for Bent and Benteke to be available and for one of them to be on the bench. I have no idea whether it's Bent or Lambert that doesn't want Bent on the bench, but either way there's a massive hole in the argument that we need to keep Bent at our disposal. For whatever reason, he's not. And we're paying him to not be.

Well, he always might. There is quite a number of precedents for this under Mr Lerner's managers.

Well, he always might. There is quite a number of precedents for this under Mr Lerner's managers.

Didn't quite get my point across with that. What I meant was that Bent's rightful place, however you look at it, is either on the pitch or the bench. Nobody thinks he's behind Bowery in the pecking order. We have to ask why he's not on the bench, and if that's because he's not happy with his lot then that's very disappointing.

Equally, if Lambert is keeping him off the bench and he's gagging to be (at least) on it, we have a bigger problem. I can't see it being the case though.

Â