Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

A lot of people seem pretty certain that Bent will be off in January (I hope they're wrong). Where is going to end up? I can't see Liverpool's finances stretching that far and they still owe us for Downing, I think.

If QPR lose to Soton on Saturday I can see Hughes getting the sack and Arry coming to the rescue. Can't see Bent wanting to reunite with Arry and Sandra. Who's going to stump up the cash....?

Liverpool or Fulham

A proven PL goalscorer will always have plenty of takers

Liverpool or Fulham

A proven PL goalscorer will always have plenty of takers

If Liverpool wasn't ready to pay 7 million for Clint Dempsey because of his age, I can't see them paying 13-15 million for Bent who's 29 next february, and I doubt Fulham would pay 60-70k salaries either since they already have Berbatov.

IMO only clubs who would buy Bent for about 12-15 million and pay salary he's on are QPR and maybe Tottenham but I can't see AVFC selling him to QPR, especially if we're still fighting against relegation with them in january.

I feel sorry for Bent.

Bought here when he had supply from the wings they were sold under Lerners "cut back on everything" plans. he joined a team that were mid table to have two season where he has helped keep us up instead.

He then comes back from injury this season to find a manager who cannot play a system to supply him. He has a goalscoring record that is head and shoulders above most players held in higher esteem. (www.tinyurl.com/avfcstrike). so he his doing his job.

Then he gets fans on his back for "not doing enough" even though he scores on average more than gabby who gets no grief. None of these give him time to get back from injury or play a new system. I bet gabby would get as long as he wants "mr villa" that he is.

He tells the press he would like to play and he gets grief for it. Imagine that. a player wanting to play!

If he goes i seriously think the clubs fans need to hang their heads in shame. The same people who say "you must support the team whatever" are the same ones wanting our best goalscorer gone as we face another relegation year.

I feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for the clubs direction as well.

• Like 1

Interesting to see what happens now with Bent and Lambert since the quotes from Benteke have been published in 'The Sun?'

Will Lambert drop Benteke and play Bent and if he does will he switch our system to accommodate Bent?

The whole situation has fallen right into Bent's lap and he would be well within his rights to tell Lambert to get stuffed and sit it out until January and then move to a club where he is wanted.

I actually hope Bent doesn't do that. Hopefully if Benteke is dropped (and he feckin should be) then Bent goes out and makes his point by knocking a few in. Its the best way to tell the manager that he has made the wrong choice and thats all any player can do.

The worst decision he's probably ever made was joining a club owned by Randy Lerner.

It's damaged his career and more than likely destroyed what little international hopes he ever had.

Same as at Sunderland then.

Will Lambert drop Benteke and play Bent

I doubt it. Bent and Benteke are completely different players. I don't think its one or the other I think PL just doesn't rate Bent. Personally I think the two players would be a good combination upfront for villa.

The worst decision he's probably ever made was joining a club owned by Randy Lerner.

It's damaged his career and more than likely destroyed what little international hopes he ever had.

Well he still has basically a 1 in 2 ratio here so he can point to that. Although I don't really care about the welfare of Bent as Villa is my priority... As things stand we're playing our best stuff without Bent in the team..

but he made just as many appearances for England at Villa, than combined his time at other clubs. While with Villa he had a 4 goals in 6 games for England, previously having 7 caps with no goals.

Regardless of what argument your trying to make here, Bent hasn't had his head at villa since we sold his supply line (downing/Young), and got found out when we asked him to do more than just score goals, we are not good enough to carry any players in an eleven.

Actually, his England career profited immensely from joining Villa. What did it for him was getting that big injury and having an idiot in Hodgson take over at England.

His international career did take a boost and then Lerner sold decent players and hired Mcleish to replace them with utter garbage.

Can anyone see bent getting in the England squad anytime soon? Like I said his career has dropped like a stone now he's joined us, which actually matches the club itself.

Benteke should be starting ahead of him and as long as the team do well its not an issue but I would imagine bent definitely regrets his decision to come here.

Â