Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Would rather Sell CNZ, Given and Ireland. Then use the money to bring in some creative players to supply bent.

You will struggle to give those 3 players away

then give them away and use the wages to pay some better players, must be at least £125,000 a week in wages there in total.

sorry Troglodyte all I was trying to point out was that if those three were not at Villa the respective wages that would be freed up would a lot of money and could potentially be used to pay other, more effective players. Perhaps I am being to simplistic in my thoughts?

I hate the way people assume if we get rid of Bent, Ireland or CNZ off the wage bill we'll bring in absolute quality.

Firstly whatever money we get, RL will probably take a cut out off and secondly we will be paying lower wages.

Saw we get 12m, 4m, and 6m (that would be assuming people would buy them and optimistic prices) gives un 22m

Randy probably pulls 4-8m. What players can we bring in for 14-18m that will improve our squad that much given we will probably only be offering 30k a week wages. It will be january so I dont really want to take a punt on some unprovens like we have already in Bowrey, Westwood and Benteke (think hell come good soon). Bearing in mind its January and the purchase price of potential replacements will be inflated.

We're trying to reduce the wage bill. That doesn't mean that when we offload someone we get someone in on the same wages.

We've clearly already got our 'cheaper replacements' for Warnock and Hutton with Lowton and Bennett, we just weren't able to shift the first 2. So when those 2 DO go, I don't think we can expect any money 're-invested', in Villa's eyes we've already done so.

If Bent was to go then someone like Zaha would be more our type of signing. Might cost a fair bit initially but relatively cheap in wages. It's yet another unproven player though, but proven players demand more wages.

This was from October 1st

Aston Villa Stats@AVFC_Stats

Barry Bannan and Darren Bent have both created chances for teammates 9 times this season - the joint most for Villa -

and this was from someone today

Moustafa Mahmoud@dotetochelsea

Darren Bent has created more chances for teammates this season (11) than any of Villa's midfielers. #AVFC #Premier League

People say he does not do nothing but he is creating chances, the chances we want home on the end of not creating

What's he done / said now ?

I think he may have been talking about this released by the metro. Don't really think what he's said hints he wants a january leave. Shit paper.

The 28-year-old has been one of the victims of Paul Lambert’s rotation policy which has been implemented at the club since the manager joined from Norwich over the summer.

Bent claims the chopping and changing of the team means he has found it difficult to find a rhythm this term and has netted just two goals as a result, with Lambert’s side languishing towards the bottom of the table.

‘Any player who values himself wants to play week in, week out. In rotation it is hard to find a rhythm but it was the manager's decision,’ said the former Tottenham striker.

‘You have to live by that and you have to keep working hard.’

Bent started the first five of Villa’s Premier League games this season, but has since found himself on the bench with summer signing Christian Benteke becoming Lambert’s preferred option.

Bent and Lambert have already fallen out this term when the former Norwich boss opted to strip Bent of the captaincy and replace him with Ron Vlaar.

The striker is thought to be wanted by several Premier League sides including Liverpool who are in desperate need of a front-man in January.

Read more: http://www.metro.co....y#ixzz2A3FwV3OB

So how many games do we have to give Bent before he finds his "rhythm" and what division will we be in by then ?

Whatever his beef is, I'm getting totally fed up of his loose mouth with the press and, apart from the fact that I think he's the worst striker we've had since David Geddes, I'd get rid of him to anybody who wants him as soon as possible.

Benteke may need time but he will prove his worth ...... Bent has had his chance and shown that he's a one-trick pony and that trick is pretty crap now !

Â