Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

i dont get the bent sell thing,db9 has scored in every side hes been in, SERVICE is the key.. if young/milner etc were in midfield the goals would come.. you could put rooney & rvp in this side & they would blank.. stephen ireland is not good enough with a list of others who we can care to mention. untill we have a midfield again were going around i circles

Selling him might be the key to buying players to improve the team.

There's not really any other assets to sell that will bring in the kind of money we need to spend. In fairness it's entirely arguable that even his sale wouldn't be enough, but I guess needs must.

• Like 1

Selling him might be the key to buying players to improve the team.

There's not really any other assets to sell that will bring in the kind of money we need to spend. In fairness it's entirely arguable that even his sale wouldn't be enough, but I guess needs must.

so your saying sell the man who can finish to buy players who create ..but then your be saying.. we need a finisher.. we needed db9 when we had our best midfield instead he had heskey..

I would welcome Downing and Keane back in January. They are the kind of players that Bent feeds off.

keane was a big hit.. he showed how quality in a player changed a game,downing was great in his second season.. whats the saying? you dont know what you had till its gone

so your saying sell the man who can finish to buy players who create ..but then your be saying.. we need a finisher.. we needed db9 when we had our best midfield instead he had heskey..

Well we've effectively gotten ourselves into a catch-22. We have a player who can only thrive with good consistent service, but we lack the players to provide that service. I rather suspect we lack the ability to buy those players without sales (and I also don't think, given the wages only just beginning to come into line with a position the powers that be are happy with, that we'd be keen to add to the wage bill all of a sudden with a net influx of wages).

So do you keep a player who is useless without service and not have the service to give him, or do you sell to purchase players the improve the side in other areas and hopefully get the other strikers scoring (gambling that Benteke is not the donkey he appears, Gabby can get firing, or Weimann do it week on week)?

Do not get me wrong, I'd rather keep Bent and spend some money on some decent creative players. I just don't think there's any desire to spend the money required to do that without a sale first. And Bent is the most saleable asset, and we have flaws running right through the squad that needs investment to improve.

I'm utterly convinced he will not be here for much longer.

• Like 1

I think we need to play Bent with 2 out and out wingers which means going back to 4-4-2 and using Albrighton and N'Zogbia. The only other way is to put Stephen Ireland in the hole behind Bent in the 4-4-2. This "should" give Bent plenty of service. We desperately need Dunne back now Baker is injured.

Lambert truly can't win.

People have been saying bent has to start and Benteke given 20 minutes or so here and there, today he does that and then gets criticised for not playing Benteke!

I saw a stat at half time that said Bent made 4 passes in the first half and that was the total sum of his contribution. If that stat is true then that is not good enough for me and highlights the fact that playing with Bent at times means playing with a man down.

Lambert truly can't win.

People have been saying bent has to start and Benteke given 20 minutes or so here and there, today he does that and then gets criticised for not playing Benteke!

Not from me, Check the Benteke thread, I said I wanted to Benteke and Bent to start together.

Lambert got it wrong IMO.

Everyone knew when we bought him that he wasn't going to dribble past 3 players, and chip it over the GK, like Messi.

He's a goal hanging, poacher. He's one of those strikers that doesn't look interested and then in the 85th minute will pop up in the box and score a goal, even if he is playing shit. He's proved he can score at sunderland he just needs the **** service. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I like Bent but I think he will be gone in January. Cant blame him and I wouldnt hold it against him. He kept us up for a season and has stuck with us but enough is enough. For his career he cant afford to be dragged down into the Championship, needs to go to a team with good service.

Good luck Darren.

Everyone knew when we bought him that he wasn't going to dribble past 3 players, and chip it over the GK, like Messi.

He's a goal hanging, poacher. He's one of those strikers that doesn't look interested and then in the 85th minute will pop up in the box and score a goal, even if he is playing shit. He's proved he can score at sunderland he just needs the **** service. :bang: :bang: :bang:

No but we thought Downing and Young would provide the service. Not substandard replacements.

Â