Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It is quite bizarre that before the west brom game on sunday a number of members on here where banging on about how gabby and benteke should start, they looked great after man city win etc etc. for on the next page that Bent should now have started from the off against wba?

PL done a fair thing in sticking with the same partnership after the Man C game.

What would it say to Gabby if he got dropped to the bench against WBA after scoring 2 goals and answering his previous weeks critics?

"Sod this - no matter how well I play or how many I score I am going to be dropped".

To me this would not be an ideal thing to install into a winning formula or any team. It will just f... things up. Villa talk will be up in arms and PL will be touted for the chop.

On the other note no one is bigger than the club and as one player might be better statistically better than the other it don't mean there invincible.

Bent done the right thing on Sunday and came off the bench and proved a point. Well done.

Personally I would have started him on the bench again against spuds on sun to keep him hungry and put more pressure on gabby and benteke to perform. Then when the time is required, be brought on and again let him prove his worth to push for his first team start and doing so by getting goals and giving PL difficult choices to make.

However, After DB's latest tirade to the press he IMO has just undone all of his good work through impatience. Now he'll be lucky if his arse even makes the bench this sunday! Silly silly move.

To be honest with all this mouthing off to the press, if Lambert leaves him out on Sunday I'd fully understand and support the decision.

Wouldn't be worth it though if we lost the game because we didn't take our chances..

AVFC results should always come before personal feelings, and if its the best thing to play Bent next match then that is what Lambert should do..

Let's be honest here, Bent did not say he demanded talks or anything like that. He said he'd talk to the gaffer. I talk to my boss every bloody day and it doesn't mean that I'm looking to quit.

Lambert tinkers for a reason, that is to get the players on their toes until he can find the best pairings. Now Bent is angry, good. SAF does this to Rooney at least twice a season and then he comes back with fire in his belly. Go on Bent, bag a hattrick next game.

In a game like Sunday's where we'll playing against a very good team that really move the ball around well, Bent may have opened the door for the manager to take the opportunity to pick a player who adds more to the team ethic than a goal scorer - if we were playing a lesser side where our priority is breaking them down and finishing them off then Bent is exactly what's required - against Spurs, we're maybe better off with Weimann's endeavour or Gabby's ability to fill wide midfield spots.

I think not only is he wrong to take this stance, and he's wrong to take it in public, but that he's taken it at the wrong time.

I think it wouldn't do any harm for Bent to start from the bench on Sunday, come on, bag a goal and say thanks very much to the manager for the opportunity.

I'm extremely disappointed in Bent with all this. He has gone down a lot in my estimations. No player is bigger than the club and he clearly thinks he is. No player can just waltz into the team, even a team as poor as ours is at the moment. And EVERY player has to respect their managers decision. After all, Lambert is in charge, not Bent. Say what you like about Warnock and Hutton etc, but when they have been dropped they have kept their mouths shut, got their heads down and worked hard to get back into the team (regardless of how poor they are)

And frankly, Bent deserved to be dropped. He has been poor. And that is WHY we have signed competition, for this very reason. If he doesn't like it, he can jog on and join the other Billy Big Bollocks prima donnas at Liverpool

Did Bent actually go to the press or was he just asked question?

Even if he was asked a question there are ways to answer it without coming over as a moaning big time player.

Sure, but if he was merely asked these questions as opposed to actively going to the media then I think the stick he's getting is a bit unfair.

Did Bent actually go to the press or was he just asked question?

Even if he was asked a question there are ways to answer it without coming over as a moaning big time player.

there's not actually. there was nothing wrong with what bent said, it was just framed to look like he was agitating for a move. it could very easily have been framed to make it look like he couldn't wait to get back in the villa team and scoring goals

Well for me he needs to do is talking on the pitch before he goes to the press. Fair play he came on and scored on Sunday, needs to do it consistently though. But we also need to keep creating chances for him as that's his game. He will never create opportunities for himself, and never will. As long as we remain positive in our approach to games he should have plenty of opportunities to score.

Mate at work told me he saw Lambert an the Wolves game last night....rumour as it he was looking at Zaha?????

Anyway..to me its just lazy journalism, if he hadn’t had the captaincy taken off him it would have just been…well Benteke and Gabby looked good against Man City so they went with them….2+2 together and have got 5…after all only Laaandon and the North West only exist in their eyes.

Back to Bent, give him the service he will score goals, however if there is no service his general game offers pretty much nothing to the team, that said its about time we had a bit of healthy competition for places, keeps the players on their toes, if Bent wants to play week in week out then performances like Sunday, looking interested and scoring will certainly give Lambert something to think about.

Â