Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

What was that stat where it was the top 3 goal scorers in the premier league in the last 5 seasons? Bent, Drogba and Rooney was in it and I swore Bent was at the top.

You are right but according to many non Villa fans he's a midtable striker :)

Prefer it that way though! Hopefully other manager feel the same then Benty will be ours for a long time!

What was that stat where it was the top 3 goal scorers in the premier league in the last 5 seasons? Bent, Drogba and Rooney was in it and I swore Bent was at the top.

since 2005 rooney's got 1 more

I'm sure he will be top of the pile next season if that's the case

I'm sure he will be top of the pile next season if that's the case

:D

Unfairly getting slagged off in my opinion, oh yeah how many goals did wonderboy get in the WORLD Cup, sweet FA.

Yeah players beyond the golden few are just playing to get a hiding from the press and then the fans when they're with England. No wonder they're all retiring. Like if any other keeper had let that goal in they'd have got humiliated. Bent's of the you've got to be there to miss them to score them mould which works great at club level but I guess the misses are amplified at international level

Unfairly getting slagged off in my opinion, oh yeah how many goals did wonderboy get in the WORLD Cup, sweet FA.

Yeah players beyond the golden few are just playing to get a hiding from the press and then the fans when they're with England. No wonder they're all retiring. Like if any other keeper had let that goal in they'd have got humiliated. Bent's of the you've got to be there to miss them to score them mould which works great at club level but I guess the misses are amplified at international level

Who cares. As long as he is banging them in for us on his current ratio I couldn't give two sh*ts how any of those Londoners and Mancs in the media want to report on our Darren. More fool them.

And if Andy "one game wonder" Caroll gets in in front of him so be it. Means our Dazza will be fit and more refreshed for the next Villa game.

Although I suppose if he were England's regular no. 9 more people might follow the Villa thus increasing our revenues etc. etc. etc..

Bent also reassures fans 'Don't worry about me', insisting he loves #avfc and doesn't want to leave

Reassuring news regarding Bent! Hope he does stay, he will be pivotal to our success next season!

England striker Darren Bent has pledged his future to Aston Villa and insisted: "I'm tired of moving around."

Villa look like losing the services of Ashley Young - linked strongly with a move to Manchester United - while Stewart Downing is stalling over signing a new deal.

But Bent, signed from Sunderland for £18million in January, has assured fans he is going nowhere despite former manager Gerard Houllier parting company with the club because of health reasons.

Bent said: "They (the fans) don't need to worry about me. I'm tired of moving around.

"I am at Aston Villa now and I have loved every minute I have been at the club. The people are nice and the staff are nice.

"It's a shame that a big part of what brought me to the club, Gerard Houllier, has left.

"But at the same time I am committed to Aston Villa and I am looking forward to the season coming.

"Every time I go to the training ground, I get a buzz and hopefully it will continue next season."

Villa are continuing their search for a new manager, with former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti continuing to impress chairman-owner Randy Lerner.

Former England boss Steve McClaren and one-time Tottenham boss Martin Jol are also believed to be under consideration by Lerner.

Villa also continue to be linked with Mark Hughes even though they have insisted his departure from Fulham was not connected with their own managerial position being vacant.

Click

He knows the grass is not always greener, having had a horrible time at Spurs. I just hope he can get this message across to DJ.

Who knows, maybe PF has reassured him of what we have planned?

Its a strong statement, and one that might ease others concerns (i.e Downing)

He knows the grass is not always greener, having had a horrible time at Spurs. I just hope he can get this message across to DJ.

Who knows, maybe PF has reassured him of what we have planned?

Its a strong statement, and one that might ease others concerns (i.e Downing)

I think the key may have been that Fatty Faulkner hasn't spoken to him.

Â