Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Should probably have squared the ball to Gabby when he was clean through.

I think he shot, which deflected of Reina on to Gabby. Not sure though.

Wasn't really in the game for large parts but that's what you get with him. He also showed some good instinctive play when Petrov's shot was parried away. Oh and the build up play for the goal was excellent, didn't think he could do that.

he did square it for gabby, it should have been a goal, it would have been if the roles were reversed, gabby doesnt have that poachers instinct like bent has, gabby has explosive pace which is what normally gets him his chances.

Disagree, was just unlucky. Not being in the position is like not being in the actual position of an open goal but being on the edge of the area.

It was just one of those where the squared pass was just inches past Gabby's boot. Right idea, near perfect execution, near unfortunately wasn't quite good enough!

and that is the difference between someone who has better anticipation, someone who expects it to be somewhere so goes into that space or slides in or dives for it expecting it to come to them, gabby reacts once the ball has been played, this loses him that split second.

it is also why benty is so good at what he does, he expects the ball and so makes the challenge as if the ball will definately go there rather than that split second waiting to see.

I thought he worked his socks off yesterday. Crucial next season that we can get an ACM/link striker that can play off Bent, give him the supply and link him up to the sitting CM'ers. Jimmy Milner would be awesome but there are others.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope Bent's interview this afternoon has nothing to do with him leaving us as well.

(Partly because I don't think I could stand the Sunderland fans that would invade our board)

No way Bent will leave. Simply because no club would pay £25-30 million which is obviously the minimum we'd want.

I wouldn't deny Man City just yet. Apart from Tevez, they haven't really got good goal scorers have they?

No but they aren't going to go for Bent either simply because they have a pick of must players in the world. They also have Dzeko who signed for huge money in January, they're going to give him time. Balotelli of course as well is a big prospect for them. If they sign a striker, it'll be a bigger name than Bent.

There is no chance that Bent would leave. Forget 25-30m. It would take easily 35m+. We have already paid the lions share of the addons to its essentially 24m now. He's the hottest striker in the league and almost any club side in Europe would make use of him. As I said earlier, if we dont have a decent manager and a decent season, and he pumps 25 goals then he will be gone to a huge club next summer.

However, god knows what he makes of two of our best players wanting to leave, a week into the summer...

I really don't think Darren Bent will ever play for an elite club. If they thought he was what they wanted, they'd have bought him by now.

He will leave us eventually. My bet since day one has been inside 3 seasons to someone else in the midtable/top half mire.

I really don't think Darren Bent will ever play for an elite club. If they thought he was what they wanted, they'd have bought him by now.

He will leave us eventually. My bet since day one has been inside 3 seasons to someone else in the midtable/top half mire.

this. same goes for defoe, zamora et al. not good enough 'footballers'.

I think Bent is a cut above the likes of Defoe and Zamora.

me too. but what i'm saying is their individual styles are not suited to a man utd, chelsea and the like. that does not mean they are excellent at what they do.

Took the press on well. Seems to have his head on at the moment and just focused on nothing but his football.

A signing like him alone should make downing not even think about leaving.

Oh well.

Darren Bent= Soon to be holte end legend.

I dont think he'll put in a transfer request or even really want to leave, but that said, I cant imagine that he'll be overly impressed with the idea of Downing and Young leaving. If we want to keep him motivated then we'll need to see some top, top talent coming in through the door, and I dont mean Bentley (looking at you Hughes).

me too. but what i'm saying is their individual styles are not suited to a man utd, chelsea and the like. that does not mean they are excellent at what they do.

i would have said bent would have been perfect for chelsea seing as drogba is leaving. im still chuffed we got him, we need to move forwards in strides now not llittle shuffles side to side. pleas elets get a top quality manager in quickly with wilkins as the assistant and let kmac get back to what he loves doing and is great at.

Â