Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I still don't think he's said anything that bad, but if Gabby thinks he's a dick that's good enough for me. 

PISOWWFFBENTUUWANKAAAA

Me neither. Nothing wrong with what he said. Badmouthing?? Ridiculous.

He would have been better advised to say nothing.  But if he wants three minutes of notoriety in the pages of some arsewipe rag, at the expense of any reputation he might have had, then that's his decision.  A poor one, and badly advised, and he doesn't seem to have been told that if you spout for 20 minutes the journo will take the tastiest 20 seconds and use that.

With that many years experience, with that much money to buy advisers, with an agent to represent your interests, should you come across as quite that stupid?

I don't think we should be so hysterical over what our past players say after they leave. Unless it's clearly misplaced, which I don't think Darren's comments were.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll get back to this next summer when the loan is about to be maturing and decisions about his next year are upon us (and Fulham) again.

People need to relax. He didn't say anything bad.

Gabby slating him is interesting though. Think there might be something in the "family club" jibe... Maybe. There were certain rumours weren't there?

Or maybe we shouldn't bother!

Lambert could have handled Bent much better for the good of Aston Villa but he is still learning as a manager I guess.

For the good of Aston Villa, look at the context one person Bent talks about himself, the manager talks about the club the team, I think he has handled it perfectly well. If you think he's not handled it well with the press, couldn't give a rats ass of what they think.

It was his performances in the first two games that made PL realise he wasn't the type of striker for him. I will even go and say this, that if we had Bent upfront instead of Benteke, we would most likely have been relegated.

You've just made a ridiculous statement based on your own biased opinon when Bent has already proven that he can score enough goals to stop us from being relegated.

It's a ridiculous statement because you don't agree. So i'll rephrase it for you again if DB was our main striker last season we would have gone down. You always go on about Benteke being injured, it's like you want him to get injured so you can score points and say Bent would have done this an that. Bent playing on his own, we never won one game in the league last season.

No its a ridiculous statement because Bent has already proven that he can score enough to keep us in the Premiership and i mentioned Benteke being injured as being one scenario where Bent would have become our main striker, the other being that Benteke wasn't signed at all which is in context with your above bolded statement.

In future if you're going to respond to my posts please actually respond to what i've written. My post is also some way off trying to score points off anyone. 

It was his performances in the first two games that made PL realise he wasn't the type of striker for him. I will even go and say this, that if we had Bent upfront instead of Benteke, we would most likely have been relegated.

You've just made a ridiculous statement based on your own biased opinon when Bent has already proven that he can score enough goals to stop us from being relegated.

It's a ridiculous statement because you don't agree. So i'll rephrase it for you again if DB was our main striker last season we would have gone down. You always go on about Benteke being injured, it's like you want him to get injured so you can score points and say Bent would have done this an that. Bent playing on his own, we never won one game in the league last season.

No its a ridiculous statement because Bent has already proven that he can score enough to keep us in the Premiership and i mentioned Benteke being injured as being one scenario where Bent would have become our main striker, the other being that Benteke wasn't signed at all which is in context with your above bolded statement.

In future if you're going to respond to my posts please actually respond to what i've written. My post is also some way off trying to score points off anyone. 

Time for you to go to Craven Cottage, someone seems to be missing you.

Time for you to go to Craven Cottage, someone seems to be missing you.

The irony of that is so sweet.  :)

Not squabbling, just don't get this we need him if Benteke was injured nonsense. When he lead the line on his own when Benteke hadn't arrived, Lambert seen the light and purchased Benteke. But as you say he's gone, time for some of our fans to enjoy watching him at Craven Cottage.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Lambert could have handled Bent much better for the good of Aston Villa but he is still learning as a manager I guess.

Care to elaborate on how he could have handled it better or what he has handled badly because I'm struggling to see it.

• Like 1

Not squabbling, just don't get this we need him if Benteke was injured nonsense. When he lead the line on his own when Benteke hadn't arrived, Lambert seen the light and purchased Benteke. But as you say he's gone, time for some of our fans to enjoy watching him at Craven Cottage.

I see you've now changed your line of debate.

Your original point of debate was that if Bent had played last season instead of Benteke we would have been relegated and when it was pointed out to you that Bent has already proven he can score enough to keep us in the Premiership it's now changed to why we would need Bent if Benteke was injured with the added attempt to point score which you wrongly accused me of doing.

It would be interesting to see you elaborate on this without the attempt at sarcasm. 

Care to elaborate on how he could have handled it better or what he has handled badly because I'm struggling to see it.

The resale value we got for our record signing tells its own story well enough.

No I haven't changed my point at all, my point still stands that if Bent was played instead of Benteke we would have got relegated. This he saved us is nonsense too, at the time he had a much better service line, as in Downing and Young. His limitations have been found out as soon as this supply line was taken away. Do you remember Charlton? He didn't keep them up.

I said this on Villatalk about a year ago and got laughed off because that's what some people on here are like. I will repeat it nonetheless. My mate a uni did work experience at the hospital department where Lowton's mum works and knowing I was a Villa fan my mate started to probe her on why we were having issues. She added some other stuff, but what has stuck with me is the fact she said Bent was basically a dick, and a disruptive one at that.

I'm not surprised PL left him out, we will never know why he left him out. But tbh I'd rather concentrate on moving forward now and not worry about that nobhaed.

So Julie B was right. She is ITK after all!!!

Seriously, though, he was asked questions by an interviewer, including how it felt to have the captaincy taken away and being made to train with the reserves, and he answered honestly. The press love to sensationalize things and these interviews always lead to headlines like "Bent Slams Villa" to stir up interest. Regardless of what you think of him, would any of you in is position have lied and say it didn't disappoint you? Would you say "I don't mind because I'm really pretty crap and I'm well paid?" He's an England international who came here expecting to play in the first team. Even though any of us would jump at the chance to do that at his wages, that doesn't mean he's not justified being upset with the situation.

I think Lambert has done what's right for the team, but I don't blame Bent for being unhappy about it. He hasn't gone running to the press about it for the past year. If he's made waves he's been professional and kept it in house until the situation has resolved itself and now he's venting his frustration rather mildly in my opinion. I don't have a problem with what either of them has done. They haven't battled it out in the press. Time for everyone to move on. Good luck to Bent. He did what we needed when we needed him. He's not what we need now and so he's gone.

Best post in a long while in this thread. This is very reasoned and measured. I don't think much more needs to be said.

Not really as soon as you spend 24million on a player aged 27, you are unlikely to get anywhere near that figure. Watch over the next few years as Soldado value depreciate.

Not really as soon as you spend 24million on a player aged 27, you are unlikely to get anywhere near that figure. Watch over the next few years as Soldado value depreciate.

And yet Spurs were able to sell Parker for a reasonable fee and reinvest the money in their squad.

Â