Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

LOL, I like Melbourne Heart, great fans who create a good atmosphere but do you think Heart would have the money to pay him around $130,000 per week?

Not going to happen although if he travelled to Melbourne he might find it's a great place to live for him and his family.

There is literally no way in hell he's on $130k surely???

I know it's a bit of a stretch though. Very wishful thinking. FFA would foot a lot of the bill though, and I really do hunk it's doable.

By all accounts he's on at least £70,000 a week at Villa, which would translate to around $115,000 a week here.

Factor in that Bent supposedly still wants to get into the England national set-up and there's no chance of him coming here - too far away from any exposure to Hodgson and selectors.

• Like 1

I understand why people think PL has devalued Bent, but I think any effect will be minimal. Bent is 29(I think) and is paid a huge amount. Any team buying him would factor this in, as Bent has 2 years left on his contract. David Villa went for a low fee because of wages. Another example of player power - the higher the wage, the lower the fee.

Probably the same with Benteke and Spuds; we have a high value because of wages: they would have to pay the higher wage so valued him lower.

The only person responsible for de-valuing darren bent is darren bent. So PL should have compromised everything he was trying to instill into his team by playing him just to keep his price tag as high as possible??

I was at wigan last game of the season and I thought bent looked really good....very sharp and eager. Shame he couldn't do it earlier in the season.

shame he couldn't do well earlier in the season? was that before he was dropped as captain? or before he was dropped to the bench, or before all the niggly injuries?

bent plays off the shoulder of the last defender, always has always will, I still get confused that people think he should be running after every ball and challenging in the air for lost causes and wasting his energy.

its lucky we never had mat le tis, gary lineker and players like that, jeez they would get slaughtered.

Don't have anything against Bent, he just doesn't have a 1st team future at Villa Park anymore so I now want him gone asap so that we can re-invest the money to the betterment of the team  by further introduction of personnel suitable for Lambo's system & career development.

You've kept your dignity but please go now  Darren & good luck with your future except for when you face us ofcourse.

Go! Go! Go!

You have nothing against Bent, but you keep slating Bannan all the time. If there is a player that doesn't seem to give a shit any more, Bent is one of them.

Don't have anything against Bent, he just doesn't have a 1st team future at Villa Park anymore so I now want him gone asap so that we can re-invest the money to the betterment of the team  by further introduction of personnel suitable for Lambo's system & career development.

You've kept your dignity but please go now  Darren & good luck with your future except for when you face us ofcourse.

Go! Go! Go!

You have nothing against Bent, but you keep slating Bannan all the time. If there is a player that doesn't seem to give a shit any more, Bent is one of them.

I only slate Bannan's total inability.

Bent v Bannan? Are you having a laugh?

Go! Go! Go!

I only slate Bannan's total inability.

Bent v Bannan? Are you having a laugh?

I agree with you that Bannan is not good enough for us at the moment. But don't think Bent is either. And to be honest I think Bent has been as shit as Bannan last season, even though he didn't play much, injuries and so on.

Do get me wrong I think Bent given the right cicumstances is far better but still think you have double standards giving Bannan far more shit than Bent.

For me I have much higher expectation on Bent than Bannan therefore it annoys me more to see him completly average as he has been lately, even though our formation doesn't suit him.

I don't think there's any chance we'll still have Bent on the books come the window closing. chances are there are quite a few clubs keeping an eye on him, but they'll move late as they know we're desperate to offload

There are no double standards at play here Eric. Pure & simple.

Does Bannan have ability? No. He is totally useless.Period

Does Bent have ability? Yes. If you give him chances he scores goals regularly.

Can't see the point you are trying to make.

Also, Read Brummybloke's post immediately above yours & that to me makes complete sense. That is what Darren Bent is all about.

Well, hopefully he gets what he wants sooner rather than later, he can pick up his last payday either from us for going or from whoever he goes to for arriving and get back to not particularly wanting to play football. 

Reports (in the TImes I think) that Fulham's triker target ain't coming, so they are back in for Bent (not ITK).

In any case, will someone make a bid and let us all move on!

Does Bannan have ability? No. He is totally useless.Period

Does Bent have ability? Yes. If you give him chances he scores goals regularly.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'ability', but as I see it Bannan has plenty of thatHe just lacks physicality defensively and he doesn't contribute enough offensively. He isn't good enough for us for lots of reasons but he does actually have ability.

Bent actually isn't that great a footballer. He's a good goalscorer, which is obviously a talent, but in terms of technical ability he isn't up to much. (For what it's worth I still love him!)

Obviously Bent is more of an asset than Barry Bannan, but I don't think it's fair, or correct, to assert that the latter has no ability or that he's "totally useless".

Really don't get all this Bannan-hate.

Do Newcastle even need Bent? With Cisse looking like he is staying I doubt they'll need a player like Bent.

Cisse only got 8 league goals last season. after that they've got Gouffran (more of a winger, not prolific) and, er, Ameobi. they got Ben Arfa & Cabaye who can score from midfield, but still think they look lacking for goals overall.

Probably BS but....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381229/Fulham-increase-offer-Aston-Villa-striker-Darren-Bent.html

It's says Fulham have bid £6m after we rejected a £4m bid.

Problems

1. Why would they bid £6m if £4m was there previosu bid?
  2. The article says we paid £24m for Bent, and I think it is generally accepted that we have never had to pay the full potential fee
  3. It's the Daily Mail

But hey, fingers crossed!

Probably BS but....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381229/Fulham-increase-offer-Aston-Villa-striker-Darren-Bent.html

It's says Fulham have bid £6m after we rejected a £4m bid.

Problems

1. Why would they bid £6m if £4m was there previosu bid?

Um.

Maybe...?

Because they bid £4m and we said "that's too low".

So they have now come back with a higher bid (£6m) to see if that is high enough for us.

I may just be having a bad morning but I really fail to see any problem with bit of the article at all.

Â