Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Reiterate......Bent is a natural goalscorer, helped us avoid an ignominious exit from the Prem and deserves much praise for doing so. But, times move on and if he does'nt fit into the manager incumbents style or plans, then what can you say.

Its ok saying keep him as a back-up and theres no disputing his ability to score goals when the ball is laid on a plate for him. But, if the team does'nt play to HIS strengths, then it will never work. Nobody's fault, its just the direction Villa have moved in, so Darren needs to move for his own sake.

• Like 2

Well it's better than the "direction" we were heading in when he was in the team, so there's that.

I take it then you feel Bent's few appearances last season was one of the main contributing factors in us nearly being relegated?

Lets all hope then that 'direction' will be worth selling one of our best players for a nominal fee.

But he's not one of our best players, he's an expensive benchwarmer......but thats no fault of his either. Like I said, Lambert has a style, a plan for the way HE wants Villa to move in and Darren obviuously does'nt fit the profile.

I know we'd be taking a hit on his transfer, but as others have pointed out, he paid a large chunk of that back by keeping us up when first signed. For his own sake and ours, if you look at his wages, then its a no-brainer.

• Like 1

I see Newcastle have reached an agreement with Papis Cisse over wearing their sponsors logo.

Not good news for us as I was rather hoping this compromise would not happen as it makes Newcastle less desperate to sign Darren Bent & if rumours are to believed Loic Remy & Bafetimbi Gomis are their next 2 top striking targets & they would then target Bent only if pursuit of either player proves to be unsuccessful. :bang:

Lets all hope then that 'direction' will be worth selling one of our best players for a nominal fee.

But he's not one of our best players, he's an expensive benchwarmer......but thats no fault of his either. Like I said, Lambert has a style, a plan for the way HE wants Villa to move in and Darren obviuously does'nt fit the profile.

I know we'd be taking a hit on his transfer, but as others have pointed out, he paid a large chunk of that back by keeping us up when first signed. For his own sake and ours, if you look at his wages, then its a no-brainer.

I'm sorry but he is one of our best players. Its just the manager's choice not to play him which you have alluded to.

He was one of our best players, saved our skin and is reduced to this. I wish him all the best. Whatever happened behind closed doors is between him and PL (assuming that's the root cause, as it seems to be).

Apparently PL has a plan, which almost had us relegated. I still have faith in the plan but his handling and disrespect of one of our stars (at the time) was not good, and a gamble.

He never was and never will be a complete striker. He's not even world class. Granted he's a good finisher and will score if you get the ball to his feet in the box. However the ball to his feet at the half way line is a completely different matter.

Yes, he kept us up once, and I like every villain am grateful for that but don't overhype bent!! A one trick pony at best!!

Whilst I have never been overly enamoured of Bent as a player, as I feel that you have to set up the team entirely to play to his strengths sometimes to the detriment of the team as a whole, I feel he has played an important part for us during a difficult period.

Scoring plenty of goals to keep us afloat in the premier league... and some think he's overrated? Fairy nuff

I don't see what his contribution has to do with him being overrated and underrated.

Yes, he scored a lot of goals to keep us afloat.

Yes, he is overrated.

They exist in the same plane.

All players play there part when new to a club, after a while they just turn up for a wage. There's so many examples off players who have done the same thing, all i can say is Michael Owen ring any bells, good job he had a horsing friend in Ferguson otherwise his career would have been over a long time ago.

Â