Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

he wouldn't be booed on his return surely? seems to be the norm these days. But no fuss at all. Kept us up. Seems a nice lad. I hope hes clapped on his return.

I'd definitely clap him like we clap walker and milner.

I'd be disappointed if he celebrates when he scores against us. Hopefully he'll be subdued in his celebrations

that would depend on whether he gets booed I would imagine!

At the end of the day his game is too limited. 

when he is scoring it's great but when he's not he's just a passenger in the game.  Tottenham have moved him on and we are looking to move him on, probably for the same reasons.  we're lokoing for better all round players. 

i won't include Sunderland becuase they sold him because we offered them a shed load of cash.  otherwise he'd still be there.

He kept us up 2 years ago and for that i'll clap him on his return.  He's not shouted his mouth off and not (afaik) caused any dressing room disruptions).

I hope he goes to Fulham

• Like 1

Love him, just doesn't fit into what we're trying to do now. Hope he gets a good move and back into that England squad where he belongs ahead of all the other dross. I remember going nuts when the story first broke that he signed, and now we're hoping he gets off the wage bill...how times have changed.

Got no problem with him whatsoever. Will happily clap him on his return and I genuinely wish him well at his next club (just so long as he doesn't score against us ;)).

Edited by Mantis

I hope we don't live to regret losing one of the best goal scorers we've had for the sake of getting his wages of the wage bill or not being able to incorporate him into our system?

Losing the qualities of both Bent and Benteke in one window is enough to give any team a setback and Lambert is going to have a job replacing that goal scoring prowess.

I hope we don't live to regret losing one of the best goal scorers we've had for the sake of getting his wages of the wage bill or not being able to incorporate him into our system?

Losing the qualities of both Bent and Benteke in one window is enough to give any team a setback and Lambert is going to have a job replacing that goal scoring prowess.

It has been time to let this one go for about a year. 

• Like 1

New Owner for Fulham could release funds for Bent ?

Jol is keen on Bent, you may well be correct.

Odemwingie odds on joining Fulham  have come tumbling down 

would Fulham buy them both ?

Bent really wont be a loss as he has only contributed about 12 goals in 2 seasons which isnt good enough.

He isnt worst guy we ever had at club but he is limited. Phrase "does exactly what is says on the tin" sums him up perfectly

• Like 1

Bent really wont be a loss as he has only contributed about 12 goals in 2 seasons which isnt good enough.

He isnt worst guy we ever had at club but he is limited. Phrase "does exactly what is says on the tin" sums him up perfectly

He's gay?

• Like 4

It won't really have that much of an effect given that he didn't feature much for us last season.

That isn't really his fault. He was superb under Houllier who bought him and played him to his strengths. Is McLeish did that instead of playing the 9-0-1 system where Bent ran around aimlessly as a result, he'd have been a hero.

I like Lambert and I like what he has done, but the way he has treated Bent is both unfair a bit childish. He deserves better and I hope he gets that elsewhere. We wasted potentially one of the best strikers we ever had in my opinion.

That isn't really his fault. He was superb under Houllier who bought him and played him to his strengths. Is McLeish did that instead of playing the 9-0-1 system where Bent ran around aimlessly as a result, he'd have been a hero.

I like Lambert and I like what he has done, but the way he has treated Bent is both unfair a bit childish. He deserves better and I hope he gets that elsewhere. We wasted potentially one of the best strikers we ever had in my opinion.

How has Lambert treated Bent unfairly and childishly?  the majority of the games he missed were through injury and, personally, I don't think he was ever 100% fit after missing half the season before.

No player should be guaranteed a place in the team regardless of form or commitment. Bent was dropped then didn't last the match when brought back. After the injury was brought back and again didn't see the match out but went off injured. Which is why I'm not sure he was ever fully recovered from the previous season.

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

The problem with him is that, given the current system, he's like trying to paint a deck with a tin of sardines unfortunately

Bent has hardly played from early 2012, due to injury and because of the superb form of Benteke and our system of only playing 1 up front. His goal per game ratio is not actually that bad. If Benteke is sold, which seems likely, Bent must be kept.

Bent has hardly played from early 2012, due to injury and because of the superb form of Benteke and our system of only playing 1 up front. His goal per game ratio is not actually that bad. If Benteke is sold, which seems likely, Bent must be kept.

That's not an option. Bent has been removed from the first team and is training with the kids. He's not part of our preseason and Lambert has made it clear he's not in his plans. I don't actually agree with that approach tbh, but I can see the line of thinking that there's no point having him involved in the first team's preseason if he's not going to be in the squad. I would assume Paul has given it a lot of thought and reached the conclusion that Bent is incompatible with any system he's planning to implement, because if there was even a slim chance that he could be made work, I would have hoped he'd be involved

If Benteke is sold, then Lambert needs to swallow his pride and have a rethink. I know it is unlikely but........ I am not confident that the Benteke money will be reinvested wisely, and I think the club needs at least 3 competent forwards.

He only scored 20 goals in a prem season once. I'm not really making any point, I just thought he had done that more often, considering how little he does in games. Considering how little he does in games I'd want him guaranteeing 30 goals a season to justify his place. Benteke did everything on his own at times last season and scored 19 in the league. Darren Bent is not the man to replace Benteke. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Â