Which band reforming excites you the most

bickster

Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?

• The Smiths
    • The Stone Roses

In an attempt to get away from The Smiths and Morrissey I’d love to see the not so well known Headswim reform and tour again. 

They were phenomenal live and saw them plenty of times but would’ve seen them more if I knew they’d stop after one album.

Their debut album still sounds good to this day (in my opinion!) 

He just can't sing live, Ian Brown. Heaton Park proved this. I love the Roses me. I loved being there. I loved that THE ENTIRE CROWD sung the songs for him. But we don't need another tour imo.

New studio album though I'd be well up for that. But what's the point.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ian Brown was a much worse singer than Morrissey, but didn't seem quite such a clearing in the woods. 

I think they run each other pretty close these days with Brown's anti-vax knob headers but Morrissey probably still wins by short nose

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think they run each other pretty close these days with Brown's anti-vax knob headers but Morrissey probably still wins by short nose

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. We'll call it a dead heat. 

I love both bands, but it is a bit weird the way people worship some fairly basic jangle indie songs they’ve made. Reni is probably the standout musician across the two, I think he would make a lot of bands sound incredible.

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ian Brown was a much worse singer than Morrissey, but didn't seem quite such a clearing in the woods. 

Both guitarists were excellent. 

I always remember reading a comment that Ian Brown sounds like he is singing into a bucket. 

Fun Morrisey Villa fact is of course Robbie Keane is his second cousin.

I kept holding out for a Kinks reunion but it seems like Ray is quasi infirm lately. Even if it did somehow happen it'd probably something painful to behold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I kept holding out for a Kinks reunion but it seems like Ray is quasi infirm lately. Even if it did somehow happen it'd probably something painful to behold.

Did Ray and Dave ever make nice?  I thought their rift was beyond repair.

I feel fortunate to have seen them once, in1980 or so.   Made my way to within a few feet of the stage and got one of the guitar picks Ray tossed in to the crowd at the end.

• Like 1

YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO reunion last night (between tickets, train, hotel and merch it's set me back about £500 😬) has shot into my top 3 all time gigs. The stars just never aligned for seeing them live ~20 years ago, so this has been bucket-list-ticking stuff for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Did Ray and Dave ever make nice?  I thought their rift was beyond repair.

No, they're OK these days. They've been cooperating on some of the reissues, and said they wouldn't totally rule out new Kinks music, but it's not high on the agenda. 

I think @maqroll is right, though - it probably wouldn't be a good idea. 

On 04/04/2023 at 00:11, KentVillan said:

I love both bands, but it is a bit weird the way people worship some fairly basic jangle indie songs they’ve made. Reni is probably the standout musician across the two, I think he would make a lot of bands sound incredible.

'Fairly basic'?!

Why I oughta....

• Like 1

Â