Which band reforming excites you the most

bickster

Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?

• The Smiths
    • The Stone Roses

pink floyd, the jam, van halen and the original members of thin lizzy i would like to see reform.

thin lizzy obviously cant because lynotts death, the jam hate eachother, van halen hate eachother and pink floyd, er hate eachother.

[edit] and lez zep

Smiths for me....but should've thrown ' the Jam ' into it too.......

Jam wont reform , too much bad blood ...

Foxton's new band The Casbah Club wrote a song that sampled the baseline from "Start " and Weller banned them from using it , (even though he "borrowed" it from Harrison's taxman :-) )

song is called Anyway She moves Me have a listen ..it's not a bad song

link is here , it's not breaking any copyright as it's a legit independant artist web site ...

http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?ID=26519

extra credit if someone can name the other sampled song :-)

the smiths are depressing.

when you actually listen to the lyrics, they are the funniest you'll ever hear....Chris Martin could learn a thing or too about lyrics from Morrissey

• Like 1

East 17... oh wait, sorry

Roses. Not that I dislike the Smiths, but the Roses did some songs that I can class as some my favourite tunes of all-time, and the Smiths didn't. Good band though.

• Like 1

Guest RantinRob
Out of the two in the poll, Take That

Nahhhh

Toto Coelo for me :winkold:

• 16 years later...

I'm guessing that 16 years ago nobody predicted the Morrissey personality arc that would follow. 

Not quite as bad as the Jimmy Savile tribute thread that had to have the opening posts edited, but a good show nonetheless. 

On 05/05/2006 at 16:33, bickster said:

Second Coming is a great album imo.

I don't remember this thread. 

But I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/05/2006 at 15:53, Jimzk5 said:

ian brown is self obsessed prick and morrisey/the smiths are depressing.

Still trying to work out if you're acclaiming or slagging them off. Brown's prickishness and Smith's depressingness were always big selling points for me.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I think Stone Roses had their moment and it was so connected to their youth. I can't really see that working as well as the Smiths. But getting Mike Joyce and Moz on stage together would be impossible. Johnny Marr's guitar playing is just on a whole different level than John Squire's. No comparison. To see him and Moz together again would be cool, esp. if they wrote some new songs.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â