Which band reforming excites you the most

bickster

Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?

• The Smiths
    • The Stone Roses

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Johnny Marr's guitar playing is just on a whole different level than John Squire's. 

Dunno where you get that from. 

• Haha 1

The Smiths are one of those bands that I'm convinced a good chunk of people who follow them are just pretending to like them for clout. A bit like when people claim to have read books like War and Peace or Crime and Punishment.

Never particularly got into the Stone Roses either tbh

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Confused 1

On a personal level I much prefer The Smiths over the Stone Roses. But I wouldn't like The Smiths to reform. Too much time has gone and Morrissey is a bit of a bellend. Would ruin the magic if they reformed now. Some things are better left dead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Marr has done more stuff, wider variety, kept evolving… I find him a more interesting guitarist and more focused on the song.

Squire wins the shoot out with Love Spreads.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

The Smiths are one of those bands that I'm convinced a good chunk of people who follow them are just pretending to like them for clout. A bit like when people claim to have read books like War and Peace or Crime and Punishment.

Never particularly got into the Stone Roses either tbh

For the record:

never liked the Smiths

have read War and Peace

Have read Crime and Punishment

Quite like the Stone Roses, got both albums and some singles 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For the record:

never liked the Smiths

have read War and Peace

I've never liked The Smiths, have read Crime and Punishment, not read War and Peace. Never pretended to like The Smiths or to have read War and Peace 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For the record:

never liked the Smiths

have read War and Peace

Almost an exact match with me, there. I haven't read C&P (but I have read 'The Brothers Karamazov'). 

Some hot takes.

Johnny Marr adds stink on every record he plays on, awful sound, awful style, dreadful. He is the anti cheese, where cheese added to almost anything improves the dish, the addition of Johnny Marr makes it all dreadful. Morrissey showed signs of bellendery way before his recent outbursts, even before his debut solo album come out, in recent years he has cared less. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

I'd be gobsmacked and stupefied if Thin Lizzy were to reform now. But it would excite me.

This was meant to be a joke, but it did occur me that if scientists have already tried growing a woolly mammoth meatball there's no reason they couldn't (at some point) resurrect Lynott.

Someone will eventually use ML to create a hologram of him, at the very least. *shudder*

Edited by His Name Is Death

Arsehole. You bloody knew. Yes all right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, everything else etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's on ... haha. I guess it's kind of a silly debate because they're both TOTALLY amazing guitarists, but I think Johnny Marr's songwriting creativity, his sparkling melodiousness, and above all his use of rhythm are incredible. I like his influences a lot, too, particularly James Honeyman-Scott and Bert Jansch. It's really hard to play Johnny Marr IMO. I'm not saying John Squire's easy,  but I find it a lot more riff-oriented and repetitive, sort of Jimmy Page-like. Johnny Marr parts are so easy to **** up on because the rhythms are unforgiving, so maybe it seems to have more mystique for me. Still, I love Squire's psychedelia and tone-painting approach to effects. Waterfall is mesmerizing. Still, watch this. Damn. Getting that wrist movement just right is so hard! And all those jazzy blue notes and 7s and 9s???? How can England make this guitarist? What are they putting in the chip shop gravy? I still don't get that. Jesus. Stunning,

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I love The Smiths, but I can very much understand why people wouldn’t, especially Morrissey.

This is really about being able to separate the art from the artist, but I find it hard to listen to them now with Morrissey evolving in to a massive arsehole. But meh, I guess he always was.

• Like 2

Â