Which band reforming excites you the most

bickster

Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band would you rather see reform to do a tour?

• The Smiths
    • The Stone Roses

Just been reading a Stone Roses article in Uncut (shut it Risso) and theres a small section in it where they ask some of the major concert promoters which band out of the Smiths and the Stone Roses reforming would sell the most tickets

Neither is happening btw its purely hypoythetical

But anyway which of the two reforming would want to see the most, for me its a real tough question and I don't know the answer right now

(yes no doubt well get those posting that hate both bands but you're just plebs :P )

For me, the Stone Roses were a great band of their time, with a great sound and feel.

But the Smiths are the aural backdrop to a generation. My favourite album is "The Stone Roses", but its unchallenging. The Smiths make it hard to decide which is your favourite track on any given day, let alone album.

edit - just read that and it wasn't clear. The Smiths every time.

And Dom Wren is just plain wrong.

For me, the Stone Roses were a great band of their time, with a great sound and feel.

But the Smiths are the aural backdrop to a generation. My favourite album is "The Stone Roses", but its unchallenging. The Smiths make it hard to decide which is your favourite track on any given day, let alone album.

Thats spot on.

I don't think a Stone Roses come back would be as good as I would like to think it could be, but I think The Smiths could be as good as ever.

Its close!

See now from what I know of past attempts to reform the bands (both have come reasonably close), The Smiths reforming would initially be a "greatest Hits" type package whereas with the Roses John Squire has said that he will only reform if they can go in the studio first and record a brand new album and I think for that reason alone I'd have to go for the Roses but being a greedy twunt like I am I'd want both anyway. Plus I've seen the Smiths far more times than I've seen the Roses

So in a very tight decision - the Roses for me

Neither.

Stay split. Remain legends. (and The Stone Roses are the reason i got interested in music in the first place)

Neither, they would ruin there reputations; have you seen Johnny Marr recently?

Something are best left in the past. Mind you the Fire Engines still sound brill, but then they were truly awesome

I would be interested in a night of reformed bands where they all had dead members reincarnated; great bill:

First on would be the Associates; classic 1980 lineup; MacKenzine/Rankine/Dempsey/Murphy

Then the Bunnymen: Ian McCulloch/Sergeant/Pattinson/Pete De Freitas

Finally and not least Joy Division: Curtis/Sumner/Hook/Morris

The roses were rubbish live- as brown is these days. Id see the smiths, but would rather buy a new roses album.

Why, because it can't get any worse than the last one?

I voted Morrissey/Marr, but on reflection I can't see the point. Morrissey is doing a grand job covering old Smiths tracks with his own band, it's simply not worth the risk.

You can't even compare the two for greatness. The Roses have one great album, The Smiths have a whole collection of them.

Â