• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

Plus players like Arteta haven't exactly been setting the world alight this season. Everton always play hard no matter what team they put out and it is football after all - look at our midfield against United at home.

There's a lot of nonsense being written on here recently - more so than I've ever noticed before. I put it down to the panic in people.

I put a lot of the team's problems at the moment down to the same nervousness. We need a couple of wins to get the confidence back and that's why they call it a dogfight.

But I still sincerely believe we'll have enough and that we'll win 2 out of the last four home games.

WORST result possible.

Spoken like a true bluenose. Get back up the road

You obviously didn't read the rest of the post for context. Mind you maybe you can't read more than a sentence in a row.

And surely, a Blose fan would say a Villa win was the worst result possible. I am happy to say I would forfeit a point NOW for Houllier out NOW.

But that concept is obviously too confusing for you as you're one of those ever so clever fans who say everything is rosy and that everytime someone questions Villa that they must be Blose fan. Well done you oh great one.

but i wish we would stop sitting back whenever we go ahead. we have done it for years, and it gives teams a chance to get back at us.

this

On paper a good result, in reality another 2 points thrown away. The defence is not good enough to sit back. Even if we were 7 - 0 up with 10 minutes to go I'd still be worried we weren't going to see the game out for 3 points.

I don't buy this Everton reserves stuff either, they had a good enough team out today and they were at home.

Next week will be huge.

WORST result possible.

Spoken like a true bluenose. Get back up the road

You obviously didn't read the rest of the post for context. Mind you maybe you can't read more than a sentence in a row.

And surely, a Blose fan would say a Villa win was the worst result possible. I am happy to say I would forfeit a point NOW for Houllier out NOW.

But that concept is obviously too confusing for you as you're one of those ever so clever fans who say everything is rosy and that everytime someone questions Villa that they must be Blose fan. Well done you oh great one.

Couldn't agree with anyone but you more. You're trying to be cocky to Mantis you're spouting bile - your comment is not clever it is moronic - and you accuse him of stupidity?

A good result against a reasonable everton side today, ive always seen them as our equals in the premier league anyway, so anyone who thinks we should be breezing past them is living in cloud 9.

ok so maybe 3 points thrown away with a bad penalty decision but that happens in footy and we showed enough fight today to roll on.

Oh and il prob b the first but well done houllier for picking the right team.

Before kick off I would of taken this point. As we were winning and gave away a pen that wasn't I have mixed feelings about it all. Sha and baggies winning hasn't helped either really.

Work to do. 3 points against Newcastle and I'll feel a bit more confidant

Respectable result, though frustrating when we had the lead (coming from behind always so much more satisfying that dropping a lead). Still, it was very important we got something today and not an easy fixture even though they were missing a few key attackers.

Positives were Downing and Bent - we need Bent to be scoring if we're to survive and this should be a big confidence boost, took both very well. Downing was good throughout, positive and created good chances. I give him MOTM.

Defence was still ropey. Walker had a bit of a 'mare, Dunne-Collins was the usual mix of solid and awful at different times, Young on left was certainly improvement on Baker/Delph and another positive. Friedel could've done better with first and the penalty was not brilliantly hit either. Can't blame keepers on pens but a save there could've been absolutely massive turning point in our season.

Thought we probably should've made a change to tighten up when we took the lead. Everton kept pushing after that and although the pen was soft, the situation came about because we were camped too deep and couldn't hold the ball up and slow the game down.

A point is something to hopefully give some confidence going into the Newcastle game. That is a must, must, must win now though.

I'm happy with this as I expected B'ham and WBA to get something. None of the teams in the relegation zone picked up more points than us with two of them losing, which is another bonus.

However, this result means nothing if we fail to beat Newcastle at home in our next game.

We didn't deserve to win because we weren't the better team but we did deserve to win for the fact that we have lost plenty when we were the better team. Seems there is no justice for the Villa this season.

Replays showed that Luke Young was playing Beckford onside but it was inconclusive as to whether the ball crossed the line. From what I saw it landed directly on it.

In the end the boys showed some heart and spirit and for once looked like they cared about what was happening out there.

At this stage winning at home and drawing away has to be our aim, so a 1 pointer at Everton is an ok result, regardless of other results.

And one more thing - it's pretty hard to respect the ref when he performs like that. Clearly no penalty and it seemed to me he had the finger pointed at the spot before Jagielka even hit the ground.

Â