• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

I'm gutted if we had just held on at Bolton and today we'd be safe. Also Newcastle is no given they'll want revenge on us and they'll be pumped.

I think its us who want revenge on Newcastle, for that 6-0 gubbing they gave us at the start of the season.

So dissapointing to lose the way we did i mean if we can't defend its making Bent pointless, He's paid to score goals and he's doing a brilliant job but if we can't defend it making them worthless.

Not worthless im still frustrated but you get where im going, i do think we'll get a win against Newcastle though!

Come On Villa!!

Lose? What game were you watching today? two goals for each team is a draw in my book...

Kyle on Twitter

KyleWalker28 Kyle Walker

That could be the worst game I have ever played.... The boys got me out the shit today I o u all a performance next weekend! :(

At least the lad knows he did not have a good 'un and is upset about it

Just got back in, and th old adage 'I woulve taken a point before he game is certainly true. We embarrassed their fans aswell, they were as bad as I had be told.

Anyone know why 5 or 6 of our fans were kicked out from near the corner? The usual banter was going on, then the Everton fans got really upset about something, and you could see them talking to stewrds and pointing out a few Villa fans. Minutes later said stewards were dragging out a whole bunch of our fans. Apart from the goal that was by far the loudest their fans go.

Sham other results didn't go our way, so for that thepoint is a bit dissappointing considering we were leading

EDIT: goddaman typing on an internt TV is hard work..you'll have to excuse the mistake :oops:

walker needs to have a right footed winger in front of him to be at his best, he was shit today but we all know he has the fight and the skill just needs to get more games really.

benty is finishing the chances, if he was the penalty taker he may have got 7 in 9 for us ( and we would have beaten bolton)

we cant afford to have all 3 of young, downing and gabby on the same team at the same time unless gabby is up front, we are too weak in the middle as none of those 3 will put in decent covering tackles

a middle of makoun nrc and delph with downing on the left and young on the right with benty up front for the next game, i dont care if it home, we need a bloody win no matter how we get it.

i am also guessing cuellar wont play with dunne or collins? it is the only reason i can think for why both of them get the nod over him each week.

at least we showed a little bit of back bone today, still not worth watching match of the day though.

Was a decent match; Makoun should've been subbed (goes missing after a yellow card) would've bought on Delph instead of Petrov though, don't know why people are crying out like captain fantastic is going to save the day when from his recent showing he hasn't done at all.

Anyway; glad we got a point would've loved 3 points but hey thats football.

Collins and Dunne partnership one particular person was crying out for; well they proved today that they are totally useless together, Cuellar and Dunne next match for me, yes Kyle made an error but thats how he'll learn (unfortunately it lead to a goal but it happens)

I might be the only one but Ash was useless and should've been behind the striker for this match for me.. oh and did Gabby touch the ball at all?

4-4-2 was decent but I'd rather Albrighton instead of Ash even though he is a key player if we are adamant of playing this formation.

I know there's some on here who seem to think that Makoun is world class and anyone who questions that 'just doesn't know football', but sorry guys, he clearly isn't.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that he has been very poor. I haven't looked at the stats but I don't think we've won a game with him in the team. He flatters to deceive, he doesn't currently suit our game and I think we're better of without him during the run in. He may yet turn it around but he was so frustrating today, he doesn't do loads wrong, but he just doesn't get influence the game. Bradley is clearly off the pace so anyone from Delph, Petrov or even Downing alongside Reo would be more effective IMO.

We did OK today, but how we've fallen from solid at the back to decidedly dodgy is worrying.

This would be my team for the run in.

Friedel

Walker Dunne Cuellar Young

Albrighton Reo-Coker Delph Downing

Young

Bent

I'm so pissed off with the referee and Jagielka over Everton's penalty! I can't believe that it was given! From where I was sitting Beckford's effort looked over the line but when we then went 2-1 up I thought we might just get the rub of the green for once and come away with 3 vital points. You just can't ask Villa to hold onto a lead for 20+ minutes though this season! It's VERY frustrating. I thought we played well in parts today, especially 2nd half. Downing was man of the match for me today and not for the first time this season either! Bent took his goals well which was good to see. His England performance Vs Wales has clearly brought his confidence back up. Him and Gabby didn't really link up as well as I would have hoped though. At last Ash was back on the wing. It might not have been his best game but at least Houllier finally put him back out there! The Newcastle game was always going to be important but with other teams down the bottom end winning today the Newcastle game next week has become VITAL!!! We simply can't afford anything less than 3 points from that game but it is going to be VERY tough!

I think we can all agree that the players showed some fight today which for me personally was encouraging for the rest of the fixtures. I'm confident if we replace collins with cuellar and show the same fight like we did (more so in beginning of 2nd half) we will be fine.

A lot better than the usual. Nice to see houllier playing players in the right position too. That shot looked miles over from where I was stood. Evened it up with the penalty though. Makoun played well I thought, and downing, but I give Motm to bent for doing what we signed him for! Nice finishes too! Everton fans are quite amusing, 1 song. And its actually true, not singing when they're winning too.

Just a little side note of what scousers are like, Waiting at a pelican crossing and 2 cars drove straight over it. Typical imo.

And surely, a Blose fan would say a Villa win was the worst result possible.

and surely as a Villa fan you wouldn't be claiming you'd rather have had 0 points than 1

idiot

Not necessarily. I am glad we got a point at least today, but at the same time I can see his point. In terms of Villa's long term future it could well be that a loss today (coupled with Houllier's sacking) would have seen us much better off in the long run. Quite possible, and certainly not as ridiculous as some people want to make out.

I know there's some on here who seem to think that Makoun is world class and anyone who questions that 'just doesn't know football', but sorry guys, he clearly isn't.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that he has been very poor. I haven't looked at the stats but I don't think we've won a game with him in the team. He flatters to deceive, he doesn't currently suit our game and I think we're better of without him during the run in. He may yet turn it around but he was so frustrating today, he doesn't do loads wrong, but he just doesn't get influence the game. Bradley is clearly off the pace so anyone from Delph, Petrov or even Downing alongside Reo would be more effective IMO.

We did OK today, but how we've fallen from solid at the back to decidedly dodgy is worrying.

This would be my team for the run in.

Friedel

Walker Dunne Cuellar Young

Albrighton Reo-Coker Delph Downing

Young

Bent

No way should we be asking Makoun to start his playing career at Villa by taking part in a relegation dogfight. He will need plenty of time to adapt to "normal" premier leaguefootball but this situation is lileky to engulf him.

Petrov for me.

Â