• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

Horrible feeds from this one, sadly.

I need a few clarifications:

- Did we make any substitutions? I didn't see any (but the feed was in and out).

- Was Makoun lucky to stay on the field after that two-footed lunge? Or was it not as bad as the poor quality feed made it look?

- Was Beckford's goal across the line? I know some here are adamant that it wasn't, but it looked a goal even on the bad feed.

- Could tell Jagielka dived even with poor resolution. Not sure why the ref was so quick to put whistle to lips. Was it really that obvious?

- How does Collins get a guernsey? Never rated him. He was our problem in defense all the way back when people were slating Dunne at the beginning of last season. We need a new central defensive pairing.

1) We didn't make any substitutions up until the 92nd minute for some reason. Heskey came on for Gabby.

2) Beckford's goal was across the line, although I couldn't tell whilst I was at the match. Replays have since confirmed that it was over.

3) It was an obvious dive from Jagielka, although Makoun's foot was out so I can see why the ref may have thought it was a pen.

4) No idea why Collins is playing. He was awful for Wales against England too more recently. Yesterday he was so out of the game it was unreal

2. Beckford's goal wasn't across the line. I could tell right away on my stream and replays have since confirmed I was right.

3. Everton fans are the worst ever for appealing for everything. Their players were also doing the same. Every decision that went against them the officials had the whole stadium + every Everton player screaming at them. After the mightily close (but not over the line) shot by Beckford, the ref couldn't not give it. He would have had that massively overrated deluded gimp of a manager moaning afterwards too.

I love the fact we have to spend £24 million on a striker just so we can snatch a draw against the Everton B team.

Without that 24 million quid striker we would have lost to that Everton B team; God knows what that would have done to confidence then.

You cant dispute the power of a positive result, no matter how small it seems!

I love the fact we have to spend £24 million on a striker just so we can snatch a draw against the Everton B team. All Makoun seems to be doing is getting sent off and giving away penalties - having said that it was a pretty poor decision from the ref. Will take a draw but under the circumstances we should have held on.

LOL

If the guy had not dived, then it would not of been a Penalty, and your statement would would sound even more hilarious than it does now!

Better all round commitment from the players, which needs to be repeated next week, and with that in mind, can i please appeal to our home support to take a leaf out of our support for the team yesterday, and get BEHIND THE LADS!!!!!!

If you dont, your a nose, simple as.

MOM

Stuart Downing

But really, the team does not deserve us 8)

2. Beckford's goal wasn't across the line. I could tell right away on my stream and replays have since confirmed I was right.

Having now seen the replays it looked over the line to me...

looked over the line at the time from where i was

ent seen it on the tele since

very good away support

wish everyone would stop saying the home fans were poor - if you have read the threads in the main section you would no that you only find poor home fans down the villa

Firstly, all the "commotion" in the corner of the ground was because a Villa fan had thrown a bottle into the Everton stand which struck a youngster in the face. Disgraceful.

Apart from that, our fans on the whole were fantastic today. I say on the whole because there were still many fans in the away section who stood in silence all game. In my opinion those fans are a complete waste - why go to an away game if you're not going to sing and spur the team on? But for those of us who did back the team, we were immense. Everton, as usual, were pathetically quiet.

As for the game - a draw was definitely the right result. Before the game I would have taken a point however because we had got ourselves into a winning position and as most teams around us all either matched or bettered our performance then our worries continue to mount.

For me the single biggest positive yesterday was Ashley Young being moved back to his correct position and playying 4-4-2. That, at least, gives us the chance to now win games.

As for "darrenm" - who do you think you are? I don't care if your internet stream was the best on the whole World Wide Web. The Beckford incident is as inconclusive as they come - the picture you posted up only cements that fact. Posting in big, bold capital letters doesn't make you right - neither does claiming that people disagreeing with you have only "assumed" the ball crossed the line. In my opinion the curvature of the ball as it bounced up off the turf suggests it probably went in - but we will never know for certain.

All in all - a better performance than Wolves but we don't need performances, we need results. Newcastle is massive. I hope a few more people find their voices instead of sitting on their arses doing jack shit.

looked over the line at the time from where i was

ent seen it on the tele since

very good away support

wish everyone would stop saying the home fans were poor - if you have read the threads in the main section you would no that you only find poor home fans down the villa

I go to the home games aswell, and as a whole your correct, no arguments. But its a country mile off what it is away. Im only saying that next weeks game is proberly the crunch game that marks out the rest of our season, and everyone needs to get behind the lads!!

It was a nothing game for us, got nout to play for so why you expect the fans to be loud? Our fans (as with most of the Prem) only "get up" for big or important games.

Beckford's shot was over the line, should have been given but linesman wasnt in a good position.

Jagielka made the most of the challenge but your guy was stupid to even hang a leg out, but bout time we got a pen this season after having other shouts not given.

Draw was probably fair on overall play, though thought we had the better chances.

Oh, and one last thing, you're players argued just as much with the referee as our players did...:winkold:

Good luck for the rest of the season.

It was a nothing game for us, got nout to play for so why you expect the fans to be loud? Our fans (as with most of the Prem) only "get up" for big or important games.

For such a nothing game your fans were pretty pleased when you scored. Every game against us must be a nothing game then because Everton's support, while decent in numbers, is always extremely quiet and when you do sing - you only have two variations of the same song.

Apart from that, I agree with the rest of your post.

As for "darrenm" - who do you think you are? I don't care if your internet stream was the best on the whole World Wide Web. The Beckford incident is as inconclusive as they come - the picture you posted up only cements that fact.

"VillaAndLoyal", fair enough, to me it's very conclusive. I can't see any place where the whole of the ball crossed the line. But it's immaterial now, so I don't really care any more.

There's no real need to be quite so patronising.

For such a nothing game your fans were pretty pleased when you scored. Every game against us must be a nothing game then because Everton's support, while decent in numbers, is always extremely quiet and when you do sing - you only have two variations of the same song.

Yes, we obviously only have 2 variations of the same song...lol

We always celebrate like that when we score as well :?

I said we're quiet unless it's a big game (or an incident in the game that gets us fired up), e.g. a derby game or Utd/City, or important game, i.e. one that secures PL safety or Europe etc. One thing you have to remember also is that at Goodison the sound doesn't travel all that well, for example, the noise your fans made could have sounded very loud to you but down at the Gwladys St I can barely hear most of the away fans that come.

I'm ever so sorry that we didn't sing to your satisfaction, even though Villa Park is obviously a cauldron of noise *puts on tin hat*.

I have to say, your fans were better than previous seasons but not as loud as some others that have come to Goodison this season (though I do sit the other end of the ground). That honour, begrudingly (as much as I dislike their fans - intensely that is) goes to Newcastle.

Yes, we obviously only have 2 variations of the same song...lol

We always celebrate like that when we score as well :?

I said we're quiet unless it's a big game (or an incident in the game that gets us fired up), e.g. a derby game or Utd/City, or important game, i.e. one that secures PL safety or Europe etc. One thing you have to remember also is that at Goodison the sound doesn't travel all that well, for example, the noise your fans made could have sounded very loud to you but down at the Gwladys St I can barely hear most of the away fans that come.

I'm ever so sorry that we didn't sing to your satisfaction, even though Villa Park is obviously a cauldron of noise *puts on tin hat*.

I have to say, your fans were better than previous seasons but not as loud as some others that have come to Goodison this season (though I do sit the other end of the ground). That honour, begrudingly (as much as I dislike their fans - intensely that is) goes to Newcastle.

I never said Villa Park was a cauldron of noise. It's shit most games because the vast majority of the singers are housed at the back and top of one of the largest home end stands in the country. In that respect you probably share the same problem as us.

I suppose it's all about opinions - an Everton mate of mine (who also sits in your main end) said our fans were easily one of the loudest to visit your ground this season - and I would have to agree as we didn't stop singing all game. For what it's worth I respect Everton as a football club and I like your ground as, like ours, it's one of the few left with character about it. I think the Villa fan who hit an Everton kid with a bottle is an animal. You do take decent numbers I've just always been of the opinion that your fans aren't that loud - and don't have very many songs when you do sing - I'm sure some will agree and some won't. Our fans are shit at home, like most are, but our away following is a class act at times.

Beckfords shot did NOT go in, it WASN'T a penalty, so we were robbed a win. But I am very happy with a draw and definitely would have taken it before K.O.

I agree with this. I've seen the 'goal' replayed a number of times and still don't think it was a goal so why are evernot fans harping on about justice with the penalty being given? I'd of loved to of seen their reaction if Young had gone down like Jagielka.

come on ag, you've got form for it. it's a case of 'which is worse?' really, isn't it? your home support, or your away support which mirrors home in that everyone sits down in silence and then maybe gives it an 'everton' or perhaps even a 'grand old team' upon winning a corner or scoring a goal.

at least at vp you've got the couple of thousand at the back of the holte who stand all game every game and support the team. but naturally, being so far from the away fans and with such awful acoustics, you won't hear them unless everybody joins in. see stretford end tier 2 and the back of the kop to support that. what you say's right though, the atmosphere at all (i include stoke in this) premier league grounds is poor but from experience, and from chatting to opposing fans who follow their teams away from home, goodison park for the kind of club you are and old stands fantastic for acoustics and for noise to travel, you're easily at the bottom of the pecking order.

as i've alluded to there and as i've always said, for a club with such a brilliant history and tradition and a club that i admire, the support is dreadful. absolutely woeful, vocally.

a simple 'lol' response to VAL on his statement that you only have one song? let's be honest, he's not far off, is he? and i suspect you're well aware of that. certainly every time i've been it seems you have two variations of 'everton', 'grand old team' (though that wasn't sung on saturday) and as i think someone suggested before the match, perhaps 'handball' or that classic high pitched squeal whenever anything mildly contentious happens or an opposing player has the audacity to attempt to challenge an everton player, could be made into into club anthems?

we're always excellent at goodison, whether there's 1800 of us or 2700. and everton friends and forums have in the past confirmed that. as i've always said, give me a few hundred villa standing and singing over 3000 everton sat in silence for the entirety.

Â