• Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 90)

Makoun played well I thought, .

I've just got back from the game and thought Makoun was crap TBH. He doesn't do nothing other than short 10 yard passes and nice 1 touch lay offs, I'd play Delph any day over him at the moment, I'm sure he'll come good next season. Downing was the best player for us and the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Bent does was Bent does when he gets the ball in the box SCORE that's why you gotta pay the dosh for him - Class. I was pleased Gabby got a start up front and he didn't let anyone down IMO, a good honest shift and loved the "Shut ya mouth sign" he gave the toffee fans. L.Young was as depenable as ever - If only the rest of the back 4 could take a leaf out of his book we'll have conceded half the goals we have.

Didn't see the game but without knowing how it was it seems a decent result.

Haven't gone through the whole thread but I heard that the defence was once again poor? Dunne and Collins up to their usual stuff?

Good to see Bent getting two goals as well. Saw before the game that Ash was supposed to be on the wing, what did people think of his performance?

I thought Makoun was a little lost Today. He did link play together with some nice passes and he is very calm on the ball - but I think he's better suited in a central midfield 3.

. Saw before the game that Ash was supposed to be on the wing, what did people think of his performance?

Completely average - Some decent balls 1st half and that's about it. As for being captain.. well that's a joke IMO. Other than lead the team out and calls heads or tails he does nowt to gee up the lads or lead by example.

Missed the game today and had to keep up through a bundle of text only methods (including the match thread), but it seems to me that this is a very decent result - it feels a little worse than that because of results elsewhere, but a point at Everton is a decent return no matter who was in their side given our current form. We may not have been perfect, but its one point closer to safety and one I wasn't expecting.

Draw fair result. GH taking after MON in the respect that one of our CM's is knackered after an hour (Makoun under GH, Petrov under MON) and insists on keeping him on and it's costing us because Makoun made a tired challenge in the area that gave away a penalty. I don't know why we only made one sub which was with about a minute of stoppage time left. Walker had an absolute nightmare, Delph should have been brought on to replace him and gone to LB with L.Young switching to RB and Albrighton surely would have had a positive impact. I've heard it wasn't actually a foul for their penalty which probably made up for Beckford's shot which I've been told by numerous people was over the line. Great travelling support once again, I did say before the game I'd take a point which I'm pleased we have got but GH should have changed things to ensure we had a better go at defending the lead.

. Saw before the game that Ash was supposed to be on the wing, what did people think of his performance?

Completely average - Some decent balls 1st half and that's about it. As for being captain.. well that's a joke IMO. Other than lead the team out and calls heads or tails he does nowt to gee up the lads or lead by example.

His ball set up Bents goal too didn't it ??

Never a penalty, but Beckford's goal should have been given, the ball crossed the line, and he was clearly onside. (Besides, it looked like the ball came from Reo-Coker, although that's a moot point as he was onside anyway.)

Here

Had it been given, Bent would never have scored his second (not when he did anyway) so imo we were a bit lucky today, even though Jagielka did dive.

Not long back. Hearing pen was very harsh but Beckford goal was good just before Bent scored. In all fairness a draw was all we deserved as Osman could have had a hat trick and Freidel made a couple of excellent saves.

Bent, Downing Friedel did well. Reo Coker and Makoun were bettered by Evertons make shift centre midfield which was worrying especially Makoun who for most of second half was anonymous and looks a liability when opposing teams have the ball pretty much as he was against Wolves.

Walker was poor defensively. The rest were just so so.

Extremely worrying that we can't hold on to a lead or still haven't come from behind under Houllier to win a game. 1 win is last 8 is pathetic although having said that even though Everton had a few players missing I'd have taken a point before game under Houllier.

Overall I'd give the team 6 out of 10.

Fans were great again today.

Me and a mate did buy quite a few claret and blue balloons to give out and let off as the players were coming out but we bottled it at the ground, just felt we would look like idiots. So left them in our pockets...

From where I was stood, right on the barrier upper tier, I couldn't tell what was happening when all the scousers in the corner actually started cheering. Someone told me 1 of our flags flew out the ground, or some of our fans just getting kicked out?

As I thought we would lose its a point gained.

Very very soft penalty. You tell by the look on Jagielka's face, that expectant and hopeful pleading look he gave the referee, that it was not a penalty. As for Beckford's shot he was offside as far as I could see so whether it crossed the line is irrelevant.

Overall a real shame as Bent is banging the goals in but the defence is as shite as ever. How much do Everton need for their first goal?

A point away is more than I expected and I was pleased to see Young on the wing and Gabby up front.

NRC and Makoun for me don't mix that well as a midfield 2. Neither of them get forward and hurt the opposition enough.

Defensively Cuellar needs to come in for Collins or Walker.

Everton had a fair goal disallowed but the penalty looked fortunate. All in all I thought we were doing ok until we went 2-1 up and then seemed to sit back.

Overall, Everton shaded it which was disappointing considering we were pretty much at full strength.

. As for Beckford's shot he was offside as far as I could see so whether it crossed the line is irrelevant.

He was well onside. Luke Young at left back was well behind the other defenders and Beckford was a good yard on side.

Jagielka tripped himself up, **** shit, Imo it was over the line but at that speed the lino isn't spotting that

their fans were an absolute joke, one song all game, I'll also never criticise vp stewards again either

Â