Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I wish Poyet had more experience as I like him a lot.

:thumb: Excellent young manager.

Was in bed thinking next Villa manager (sad and worrying!) ..thought of Poyet, just wondered if it would be to much of a gamble but he's done a brilliant job and they play good football and but also very strong defensively.

Hmmmmm, let's just say it would be an appointment I'd be excited about but a very high risk one.

Great shout. If no high class managers are available id definitely take a chance on him.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says we're even looking at Benitez? This is just the papers speculating as usual.

Agreed, suddenly because Houllier is under fire and Benitez says he wants to come back to england it means we want Benitez.

Who actually has said that?

From the posts that I have read there is no concrete, factual post that says we are after Benitez? Can you quote me on that, please?

I'm on about the newspapers....

Moyes or Rafa for me. Easily.

Who says we're even looking at Benitez? This is just the papers speculating as usual.

Agreed, suddenly because Houllier is under fire and Benitez says he wants to come back to england it means we want Benitez.

Who actually has said that?

From the posts that I have read there is no concrete, factual post that says we are after Benitez? Can you quote me on that, please?

I'm on about the newspapers....

Moyes or Rafa for me. Easily.

I'd take Rafa right now

Aston Villa will put Everton manager David Moyes top of their short list this summer, with Gerard Houllier set to leave even if the club survive in the Premier League.

Chief executive Paul Faulkner said their ‘best chance of staying up is with Gerard’, but they have reserve-team boss Kevin McDonald available as a caretaker if results continue to slide.

http://tinyurl.com/6flehwj

Daily Mail Link

Aston Villa will put Everton manager David Moyes top of their short list this summer, with Gerard Houllier set to leave even if the club survive in the Premier League.

Chief executive Paul Faulkner said their ‘best chance of staying up is with Gerard’, but they have reserve-team boss Kevin McDonald available as a caretaker if results continue to slide.

There isn't a more qualified manager out there for me. Nothing more to do at Everton without investment.

why we didn't go for him when mon left is a mystery to me

Maybe we did but I think he has more integrity than to leave Everton in the shit (unlike MON), could maybe see him consider it in the summer though.

why we didn't go for him when mon left is a mystery to me

We made tentative enquiries is my understanding but as he'd just signed a new contract weeks before he was reluctant. This summer however would be different. Though I think we need to stay up yet to even consider such fanciful rumours

I hope he does consider us in the summer if we survive. It wouldn't actually be a 'sideways' move seeing as we have a chairman who's willing to help managers out with budgets.

Plus I think our current squad is better than Everton's anyway (although results wouldn't suggest that obviously)