Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bloke called Dennis rang up. Kept saying Lerner as if it was spelt like Learner.
Lerner. Learner. Same, innit?

I meant to put Larner but thanks for being pedantic.

That's not pedantic, what you said made no sense.

I always assumed it meant the obsession over small trivial details. I apologise if I am wrong though :)

I think writing that a bloke on the radio kept saying Lerner like Learner or Larner is pedantic - trivial detail. Just like I'm doing now! God I'm bored - just name the new manager ffs!!!

I think writing that a bloke on the radio kept saying Lerner like Learner or Larner is pedantic - trivial detail. Just like I'm doing now! God I'm bored - just name the new managerffs!!!

Okay, it's Paul Ince.

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

In the world of politics, you release a big news story sometimes to cover other stories that you may want hidden. Remember when GM and GH said no definite forward signings and then Bent appeared 2 days later when the negotiations must have been in full swing.

Could it be that Villa are trying to cover a story about the next manager, a story that may have appeared but forgotten about. Gone back through a couple of days headlines and can not find an obvious one.

This is interesting what I just read.

Makes sense about the Bent situation. You never know a big name manager may be on his way!

Is something missing in the "quote" part of this post?

Bob Bradley was similar odds pre Houllier. Means nothing except some dumb arse has dumped a couple of grand on it.

Houllier came out of the blue, I think the next bloke will do the same. As long as its not Grant I'll be happy.

When we appointed Houllier, that was the first time I had ever heard of a football club giving interviews to a number of candidates. Much like any other everyday job.

Usually you hear that clubs go after a specific manager who they like.

I guess that lower league football teams still use the interviewing a number of candidates method but is this the norm for prem clubs?

When we appointed Houllier, that was the first time I had ever heard of a football club giving interviews to a number of candidates. Much like any other everyday job.

Usually you hear that clubs go after a specific manager who they like.

I guess that lower league football teams still use the interviewing a number of candidates method but is this the norm for prem clubs?

i think interviews are fairly normal

What was funny? I tuned in and he said Mark Hughes and then went to the bladdy Speedway!!

Some bloke called Dennis rang up. Kept saying Lerner as if it was spelt like Learner.

Said Lerner is destroying the club and hasn't done anything for us. The host went on to say he's spent over 100m on transfers and club development and the guy refused to believe it. He then said we're just selling all the time and Randy is putting no money in.

Then when asked who he wanted as manager he said Gary McAlister who apparently saved our season :crylaugh:

People with the name Dennis should be slapped, smacked and then given to Rihanna as a sex slave.

P.S, it wasn't me! :lol:

Did I mention my name was Dennis?

I think that in the next few days it is clear that Mark Hughes will become the manager of either Villa or Everton.

If I am honest, I hope that it is us. Hughes has shown decent success at 3 PL clubs and national level. David Moyes has managed Everton.