Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Avram Grant is a free agent now.... No I'm not advocating his consideration, but WHU will be moving to get their new manager from the pool of available suitors straight away I imagine. They'll go for MON or Fat Sam IMO, whether any of them will want to work in the Championship is another matter.

Well Avram Grant is a free agent now.... No I'm not advocating his consideration, but WHU will be moving to get their new manager from the pool of available suitors straight away I imagine. They'll go for MON or Fat Sam IMO, whether any of them will want to work in the Championship is another matter.

Good shout Stew. I'd like to think that Villa have already lined up their next Manager. Off topic, but I think some people will view West Ham as a big challenge, I doubt any realisitc Villa target will snub us for the happy hammers though.

FFS Villa Boas isn't going to happen. Sick of people mentioning him. He's at the Champions of Portugal in the Champions League next season with a several top clubs tracking him.
Calm down, a bit of optimism cant hurt. It's not like we're talking about Mourinho.

Jol for me. Moyes run away poll leader? Good solid manager, but I do find his football a little dull.

Whereas Jol is a crap manager who plays decent football?

In that case I would make Holloway a safer bet......

hmm.. bit torn really.. whilst on the one hand i would like to see how GH handled a full summer transfer window etc it's obvious he may well have to step down or whatever for His Health's sake.. I don't feel G mac, although he got a result today at Highbury, would be ideal at all as his replacement as we need someone who can attract top players here (which is why i like having GH here).. So that for me is a primary concern... "What pull does the candidate have in the transfer market"... Surely this has to be the case because lets face it we are not Top 4 at the moment, We havn't won a trophy for years & well we are not based in London or by the sunny seaside which also appears to appeal to many players.. It's for these reasons we need somebody who has a huge pull in the transfer market as we need to kind of compensate to work on a level playing field.

Who? Well Moyes? Not for me.. doesn't have the clout internationally.

Benitez? Possibly although i understand it would put a lot of noses out (not blue ones)

Hughes? ditto Moyes.

So for me it has to be someone like Van Gaal or Benitez..purely as we will need that pull for foreign players as we can't compete financially for just "best of British" players... O'neill tried it & look what happens.. as soon as they start to perform they're off to the highest bidder!

Jol for me. Moyes run away poll leader? Good solid manager, but I do find his football a little dull.

Whereas Jol is a crap manager who plays decent football?

In that case I would make Holloway a safer bet......

I think Jol would do very well here.

I don't think Houllier will carry on, so a new man would want to bring his own backroom staff in with him.

Gary Mac deserves credit for todays result, and I hope it goes on to help him find a managerial job somewhere else, but not here!

GMAC deserves credit for today's result but it certainly does not make up for the entire season of shit performances, piss poor team morale, and just a general air of gash around the club, all emanating from our management team.

I would have been interested to see what GH can achieve next season but the risks associated with his health are just too big. We can not afford another season of potential instability.

We have to go all out for a top manager now.

Coyle for me although would be concerned with his transfer pull and nous. Bolton look good going forward and he's done a great job there. He has good foundations to build with villa with the current squad and some entertaining football at last.

I voted 'other' because I have no idea what will happen or who we could go for. I don't think Houllier will be manager, but I also can't see us getting Moyes, though he would be pretty ideal.

Ancelotti? :winkold:

Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Koeman, Jol, for me, has to be foreign for the style of play they can bring. Moyes, Coyle, Hughes. Your all mad, and I tell you. Moyes would be no better than MON. Coyle has no big transfer experience and plays footaball like hollaway, guess what, its been found out! Hughes no taa and Lambert, comon guys, has no Premiership experience no real big transfer experience, a definate no, no for me!

Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Koeman, Jol, for me, has to be foreign for the style of play they can bring. Moyes, Coyle, Hughes. Your all mad, and I tell you. Moyes would be no better than MON. Coyle has no big transfer experience and plays footaball like hollaway, guess what, its been found out! Hughes no taa and Lambert, comon guys, has no Premiership experience no real big transfer experience, a definate no, no for me!

No better than MON? 3 top 6 finishes, cup final and a team always fighting for points and never say die? Yeah your right lets get Koeman... a man who is useless as a manager!