Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Martin Jol has Premiership experience, buys technically proficient players, his teams always play attractive football and he would set up a vastly superior scouting network to the one we supposedly have now and we would have no compensation to pay.

How many of the players were brought by him, and how many by Arnesen and Comoli?

He certainly didn’t do so well at Hamburg and Ajax.

A very good point. Personally I am not keen on him.

Yeah but Houllier would be buying the players as director of football and Jol coaching the team!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you ignorant?

ni i am not are you? :?

He did an excellent job at Swansea and Wigan are in a position in which you'd expect them to be given their resources.

so what about fistface?? only west ham are below them i dont see what point your trying to make. i am not talking about his swansea days

They just keep drawing too many games. If they stay up their fans won't be complaining.

i dont rate him simple, most inconsistent team in the league

I dont get this Martin Jol hype. Seems like a nice guy but is overrated and was wanted out by Ajax fans before he left. His Ajax team were beaten to title by Steve McLaren twente last year

The first thing that needs sorting is the defence / keeper

Jol would IMO prioritise properly, McLaren is certainly raising his profile of late, seems to be on TV every 5 mins

I reckon Benitez will be the man - dunno why, no substance - just a feeling in my water !

I have a horrible feeling your right - but my reasoning is

1.Rumour was that Randy wanted Klinsman when he was in the process of buying villa - but was persuaded that MON was the better option.

2.His first appointment was GH - Another continental manager.

3.Seems Randy would not have sacked GH - If GH can't continue but Randy wants GH MKII - then benitez is the logical choice.

4.He is out of work - and this fits with Randy's no poaching policy.

Think Benitez is only marginally better than GH - and his appointment would really put the skids under Lerner.

That is not true, complete myth.

Evidence ?

The general said after MON left - that they wanted someone loyal - as such anyone who had to be 'prized' from another club wasn't the type of guy they were after.

All In the generals thread last August\september

Evidence ?

The general said after MON left - that they wanted someone loyal - as such anyone who had to be 'prized' from another club wasn't the type of guy they were after.

They need to realise that this approach may get them nowhere. Once the season is over, if they haven't sone so already, they should approach a number of clubs to ask permission to talk to their Managers. I'd expect at least Everton, Norwich City and Fulham to receive calls. Villa's loyalty is all well and good but Houllier will take us down and needs to be ditched.

Evidence ?

So why did Jol say that Villa were very interesting in him, but decided to stay at Ajax?

Evidence ?

You're right the General did say something along those lines yes.

However, I like to think that either the board or at least Randy has learned from this and might decide to be a little more ruthless during the next appointment, whether that's now or years down the line. I'm assuming the board know (I'm certain the General must do from many posts I've seen in his thread) that a lot of fans would like to see a more ruthless streak.

I'm not going to trawl through the General's Thread, but I am sure at some point I have seen him say something along the lines of how we are "too nice" and we need to be more ruthless. I think he was talking about us on the pitch but I would hope maybe this mentality might be adopted upstairs with the big decisions too.

I was always told that it's much easier to get a job if you already have a job. I'd like to think that at least some important person involved with the club upstairs is aware of this as well. I always thought people are more employable if they are already employed.

Evidence ?

They need to realise that this approach may get them nowhere. Once the season is over, if they haven't sone so already, they should approach a number of clubs to ask permission to talk to their Managers. I'd expect at least Everton, Norwich City and Fulham to receive calls. Villa's loyalty is all well and good but Houllier will take us down and needs to be ditched.

I don't actually think it is an approach. More like an excuse so Randy doesn't have to get involved in any nasty wrangling.

Why would we need to approach anyone? I think we should see who 'applies' for the position. Maybe managers already in a job could. Dunno.... It does need changing though i think, someone who is gonna get straight down to business.

Benitez, Moyes, Hughes, Jol, Koeman, Mclaren, Allardyce, Bradley... I think will be the only ones considered. Not saying any if those are my choice, it's irrelevant really. I don't even think a change will happen, instead a whole bunch of our players will be got rid off instead.

Evidence ?

I don't actually think it is an approach. More like an excuse so Randy doesn't have to get involved in any nasty wrangling.

Just because we employed an out of work manager doesn't mean we didn't even consider or even contact managers who were already in a job. The fact is, no-one knows, you included, so don't talk like you know how Randy goes about his business. The fact is, he is a multi-millionaire, and we are not.

[The fact is, no-one knows, you included, so don't talk like you know how Randy goes about his business. The fact is, he is a multi-millionaire, and we are not.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? You do realise Randy inherited his millions don't you?

Evidence ?

Just because we employed an out of work manager doesn't mean we didn't even consider or even contact managers who were already in a job. The fact is, no-one knows, you included, so don't talk like you know how Randy goes about his business. The fact is, he is a multi-millionaire, and we are not.

Did Randy make all them millions??. If you look back in the Generals thread he said that they wouldn't be going after managers that would jump ship on there current club.

Did Randy make all them millions??. If you look back in the Generals thread he said that they wouldn't be going after managers that would jump ship on there current club.

Surely this means that they wouldn't want their targets to have left their club the way MON left Villa i.e in the shit five days prior to the season starting. I'd like to think that the gloves would be off this time around.

Surely this means that they wouldn't want their targets to have left their club the way MON left Villa i.e in the shit five days prior to the season starting. I'd like to think that the gloves would be off this time around.

Maybe if he made all the millions himself he have a ruthless streak in him, if he had proper ambition he'd want the best and wouldn't give a **** what way he got it. Instead he got this unhealthy washed up old man.

Have people not considered that just because we didn't get a manager that was in a job doesn't mean we didn't approach any already in jobs? There is a thing called turning a job down you know.